Am I ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaky freak. Yeah tummy tuck...need that to LOL.please please let us all know how you do after surgery. I'm sure the last thing on your mind will be the computer. So brave you are Bilateral WOW:yes!:. Here I am bundle of nerves over one....One thing I have to do is figure where I'm staying after. My house will be really tough for a hippie...I think i'm more nervous loosing my routine.:sad: Are you? I'm thinking of staying with my daughter. One floor....have to start thinking of that stuff....You got everything ready???
 
Well one of my co workers asked me if I was brave or stupid so I guess I am about to find out. I am taking my iPad so will post as soon as I am coherent, which I hope will be pretty quick so keep an eye out for me!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
@chaseyboy I will come home and my dear hubby will nurse me ( probably drive me crazy hovering) so I will be sending him outside to his shop so I can get a little peace. No I shouldn't kid about him. He is one great guy! I am blessed. I am a bit anxious but I have had surgeries before and am pretty pragmatic about it, telling everyone I am looking forward to my 3 hr nap.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Freaky freak...yes you are blessed with such a good man. Me to. He has been my rock. The only one who I have cried to with this pain. No words have to be said. He understands. Last night I couldn't sleep very good. He got up about three times to fill my hot water bottle with the hottest water. Yes we are blessed...and I so need that 3 hour nap:sleep:...ahh sounds good...trudging around with this is alot of work...
 
Well, it was just a little bit of jogging. I walked for 45 minutes and then jogged every 5 minutes or so for a minute, really slow, kind of a test. I must say, I feel pretty good tonight. I keep waiting for the pain to come. Thanks for all the support. I love everybody on this site. So supportive, it's awesome!
 
Ok help me out. Why do I surf the web...Here I go looking at all those sites....Please tell me again this is a good thing. Every time I talk to my mother she keeps asking me why would you want to do this? Then I start to question myself.????? All the while still in pain. I think my head might explode..lol...Every other day the jitters just creep in. Just tell me I'm not alone with these thoughts. I did my pt today. Seems my knee is really suffering from this. She says to me you have a little atrophy...omgoodness... I did notice it but I kept telling myself nahh....She said i should wear a j brace. She taped up my knee. Wow it feels so good. And then she said maybe a cane would help. Think I may go an buy one tomorrow.:gaah:,,,Now I'm afraid I'm screwing up my knee:yikes:.....Did my pt like a good girl, and you know...it felt really good. Now I just have stop with these thoughts that keep creeping in my head...:hairpulling:....its truly exhausting me.....
 
@chaseyboy My PT today did squats and some other things, that really has pained me tonight.
UGH. My knees are in poor shape; never had them xrayed... too afraid to. Clearly will deal with hip first.
But, PT tells me if I do squats etc that it will strengthen the knees and make recovery easier, and she says I won't hurt anything by doing the PT. So.... I will keep doing it. I think we are doing the right thing.
SO, March 10 it is for you. Way to go. Mine won't be til April sometime due to supply and demand here. sigh.
 
MajorHeidi.....March 10 scares me. Everyday I look at it on the calender....I hope we are doing the right thing...Why do I keep doubting if I am.....good grief.....I see the Dr on Monday. Maybe when I talk with him again I will feel better. I was surprise how good it felt doing pt.....Yes today was a good day.....I moved my body.....i forgot how good that feels....:yes!:...Like I said just have to work on my head...lol
 
Everyone who is not totally incapacitated wonders if it's the right decision - only you can decide for yourself. But for me it got to where there were more bad than good days and I couldn't sleep well, had limited range of motion - couldn't tie my shoes, hard to get in the driver's seat of my car, etc. I could haves lived with the pain longer but it was coloring everything I did and I was not a happy person too much of the time. But still I second guessed myself up until the day, and even some days after. Even with the high success rate you worry that you will be one who has problems. Point is this is totally normal and universal. And still almost everyone ends up saying "I should have done it sooner". I kept hearing that when I was unsure and now at 4.5 weeks past the surgery, pretty sure I'll be saying that too! Already it is less pain than before and I walk better!

Pat
 
Oh how I can relate.. I do the same thing... I am limping, in pain all the time and I am constantly questioning everything. I do know it is the right thing...just so scared and I think still can't believe it is as bad as it is...When I hear how great everyone is doing and how happy they are they did it..I realize it is the right thing.
I know what you mean about mom's.... usually mine drives me crazy with doubt over things...this one she says I should do this. She sees a million of her friends doing it and a lot older and they come out so much better after.
 
@MajorHeidi @chaseyboy @psychteach. If you've been reading threads you will know EVERYONE feels this way....should I / shouldn't I? When the good days are outweighed or eclipsed by the bad, when you endure all the good things rather than enjoy....it is time.....!! Oh boy...it's scary thinking about it....the op is a non event....the recovery slow but steady....wishing you all so well. Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chaseyboy @MajorHeidi @psychteach - ditto @charmed-life & @Hoppy Nanny, what they say is so true - what you are going through is scary and normal! You don't realize how much the pain you experience daily, takes from your life. With surgery, you can look forward to a "facelift"! That veil of pain is lifted and you will feel a release. The best to you...xo
 
just want to add my two cents here. I admit I may be having an unusually easy recovery, but at 2 weeks post op (anterior) I am feeling great. can even walk at home without aids. the fear is real and the feeling that you may be the one who has all the problems, and maybe you don't really need to do this, maybe it's not so bad. very familiar. try to accept all those feelings and doubts and keep on moving thru them if you can. sometimes I still find myself thinking, oh it's too far to walk across the room, and then I realize, wait, it doesn't hurt anymore! I wish everyone a pain free life. it is quite amazing not to have that pain.
 
dickinson!!!! Thanks for your words of wisdom...really I thank you...I can relate when you say about walking across the room. I had PT today, well the parking lot is a mile long. Driving around and around to find a spot close!!! I just want to go somewhere and pull in any spot...tee hee:heehee:....Good grief. I to am having the anterior. I see the Doctor tomorrow and of course they are calling for SNOW:gaah:...I'm going anyways..Lots of questions..Are you in a one story home? Thats my worry..my big staircase...How long before you walked up steps? Sorry to burden you ...just nice to hear from someone...Wish I was 2 weeks out. The waiting game is not fun....

And Freaky freak!!!!! I will be rooting for you..WOO HOO you are there girl....I'm sure your doctor will be touched by Gods hands...:angel:...You will be just fine, and when your up to it Let us know how you are doing:yay:...
 
Thank you @chaseyboy. I plan t post as soon as I am coherent and back in my room tomorrow evening. Will probably be after 6pm cst.
 
yeah @Freaky freak may it go so well for you. looking forward to seeing you after. and @chaseyboy . don't even worry about the stairs. they're no big deal. I have about 16 stairs to get to my apartment, 2 flights. I learned stairs the day I left the hospital. it looks quite daunting but it's really not. then in rehab they had me do 2 flights without even holding on because there're no railings in my building. now I hold on to the wall, but it's not hard. one less thing to worry about. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom