Am I ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree stairs were not as hard as he would think. They had me do a flight of stairs in the hospital before I went home
 
Stairs were the easiest thing!! Went up and downstairs from day one as bedroom upstairs....posed no problem...you'll see!! Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
dickinson..Thanks for the step info. That make me feel better.......you holding on to just the wall...Well tha':yes!:ts amazing ....:SUNsmile: I just want to feel myself and not helpless...that's my biggest fear i guess...:sad:
 
charmed-life..Hi....So how are you feeling as of today..getting stronger? Are you up and around in the house? Geez we are getting a horrible snow storm here...Hows the weather where you are...Not a great time of year for a walk outside....:snow dig:
 
Freaky freak....Been thinking of you today....:friends:hoping you are comfy...on this new journey..All my best wishes to you:SUNsmile:
 
Dmcfad2...so we have't changed our mind have we?? lol Be glad you are in CA....SO MUCH SNOW HERE.....great thing is I don't shovel...oh.. yeah know... it hurts my hip..lol.....My husband says.....mmmm if you have the surgery what the excuse then????:happydance:...have to come up with a good one I think..
 
@chaseyboy - not my thread but I'm doing fine. Now five weeks from surgery, getting around quite well, much less pain, have my six week checkup in 1 week. My OS is quite conservative and asked me to keep to the restrictions and sleeping on my back until six weeks so I've been a good girl and can't wait to have him say its all good! We have had quite a bit of snow this winter but not much this week - temps quite a bit below zero this week though (I'm in Minnesota).
 
@charmed-life You can use my thread anytime. :) I have been wondering how you are doing in your recovery. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. @chaseyboy Hi, Joanne. I am still waiting for my MRI results. I haven't canceled yet, but I admit I am considering it. I am feeling really good and if I continue to feel this way up to right before my surgery date, I have decided I will cancel. I am going to keep myself on the schedule until then, just to be safe. That is where I stand right now. It could change. Lol.
 
After much thought, reading all the bone smart threads, studying and praying, I have made the decision to cancel my hip surgery. I just don't think my minimal pain warrants the surgery at this time. I have been feeling so good for the last few months. I am going to try to manage my arthritis with exercise, stretching, and yoga. I hope these things will keep me mobile and stave off surgery for awhile. I am hoping I have made the right decision, but it just feels right to me at this time. Thanks to everyone on this site. It has been a comfort and very informative. I plan on checking in every so often to see how everyone is doing. Good luck to all of you. Thank you, Bone Smart!
 
@Dmcfad2, of course, if you feel you do not really need surgery at this time, then it's the right decision for you. And you know we're here for you when and if the time ever comes that you do need a replacement.

Take care and do drop in and see us from time to time and let us know what's happening with you. We care.
 
@Dmcfad2....That is a good decision for you....We know our bodies....I wish you all the best...At least now you are informed....Please do let us know how you are doing. I struggle to and understand you decision....Be well my friend..:kittykiss:
 
Glad to hear that you are feeling so good! I think its the right decision considering that you are not having a lot of pain.
 
Glad you have made the right decision for you. Bet it is a relief not to have that going around your head all the time. Hope your pain stays away and you can get on with your life. Take care. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
How are you holding up.....do you have your date ?:SUNsmile:
 
I've been gone for a month from this board. Turns out I didn't cancel after all. I get my new hip this coming Thursday. Now that it's a reality, I'm ready!
 
@Dmcfad2 .You have made your decision. Good for you! No more 'should I go ahead or should I cancel?'. That indecision must have been stressful for you too, besides constantly checking if the pain is more than you can bear.

When one of my OS's told me in 2007 after doing arthroscopy on my right hip that I'll be needing a new hip in 3-5 years, I did not believe him. After all, I only went to him to repair a torn labrum due to a sports injury. I knew nothing about arthritis in my hip or what arthritis means. Well, since then I learned that arthritis is progressive and that my hip would not get better. Forward to 2014 after dealing with denial, worsening pain, a shrinking world and a lot less exercise than I would have liked, to finally ending up walking with a crutch, I had my hip replaced on February 4th and could not be happier. Since then I have been walking 3-4 miles at a time, not right away obviously. Today, almost 6 weeks post-op I rode my bike 36 miles. I can turn over in bed without any pain. I can walk up stairs like a fit person with non arthritic hip joints. It's AWESOME and I am extremely happy to have done this. I think my left hip will be a problem in the future, because that is where I have pain occasionally.
I wish you all the best for March 20th.
 
@Briggieride I have read some of your posts. You give me hope! I think the hardest thing for me is going to be taking it slow after surgery. I know I'm going to want to push it. Now that I have made my decision, I am anxious to get on the other side of this surgery. I am doing my left hip, it is the one that has been my problem for almost 13 years, although I am really having more pain in my right hip in the last year. My doctor thinks maybe that will resolve itself after I adjust to my new left hip. But, if not, then it will probably have to be done within a year or two. I am optimistic. Only two more days. I guess I should set up a recovery thread! Congrats on your bike ride. I am an avid spin junkie. I started that when I had to quit running 18 months ago because of the pain I would be in afterwards. I do love spinning! It gives me my endorphin rush.
 
Hey, that's GREAT news!!!! Best of luck to you and I'll be looking forward to hearing from you once you're in recovery.
 
Wow, congrats on your decision to go through with your surgery! Wish I was as brave! I am still in denial and going back and forth with the decision. I am doing physical therapy now which is giving me relief but therapy is not forever as insurance will not pay for more than 30 per year. I just finished with 15 sessions and the next 15 will go fast. The exercises they give you do not help much. I figure at the very least the therapy and exercise will help with building the muscles in preparation for the surgery.
I have gotten to the point (w/o physical therapy) where there is not a day that goes that I do not think about the pain in my hip. The medicines I take for the pain are killing my stomach and raising my blood pressure. ugh!
So happy for you! Lots of luck and keep us posted! :) Very Best Regards, Sara
 
@Sfina48 I was just thinking about you yesterday! I have felt a kinship with you! Yes, I am going through with it. It has been the HARDEST decision for me! But, I just got tired of wondering every day if it would be a good day or a bad one. Even though lately I have had more good days than bad, I still have those bad days and I know it won't get any better. Right now I am physically strong and relatively young and I just want to get it over with and quit thinking about it. LOL. I still worry because of the pain in my opposite hip. I am hoping this surgery will alleviate that pain somewhat, otherwise I'll be doing this again in the near future. I am not looking forward to the recovery, but I'm determined to get well soon! My doctor tells me that I will be glad I did it. I'm going to start a recovery thread tomorrow. Thanks for your post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom