Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the videos Haldox! You're looking great! :thumb:
 
For all you newbies out there who are wondering what you will be able to do post-op take a look at this Smartie! She has had two THRs!

Looking mighty good Haldox!
 
Video when we arrived home after RTHR.

Amazing to be doing that the same day you had surgery. :yay:

It took me 4 days to get to that point first time around. If I do it in 3 next time, I'll be well pleased.
 
Thank you guys for such kind words!! I hope I can give someone hope that everything will turn out just fine or not to think that having a THR is a hindrance but "life-saving"!

Funny thing..Even though I do have 2 THRs, I think I forget about the LTHR being there most times. Its been behaving rather nicely while it took on more of the work post op for my R leg. Feels like a natural part of me!

Onto the LLD issue. Im sure you can see in the video that I still walk a little strange, due to the R leg feeling longer. When the OS said that he had to lengthen the leg he explained that even if it was a tiny bit , it would feel like a huge amount to me because of the muscles,etc being stretched.

Im very confident when I get the R leg strong again, lengths will feel even again.

Patience is a virtue:thumb:
 
Hi Haldox,

Your videos are both amazing!! You walk better at 18 days than I do at 7 months...

Glad you are doing well,
Cardie
 
Oh - - - - wow!
[Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!


At both vids. You are absolutely amazing.
 
Very impressive videos, you are moving ahead in leaps and bounds, so to speak... Well done ! xx
 
Hi Haldox

Don't you go feeling sorry for yourself It will come, reading poeple's threads it seems peoples second hip replacement always appears that bit more demanding.
Are you waddling as her indoors used to ask me when i was going to stop walking like a penguin :scratch:

Billy
 
Billy-since my R leg feels sooo much longer its hard to have a truly smooth gait. Feels like I have a shoe on R foot and barefoot on the left!

So last night we took off to get Chinese and I drove:yes 4:,10 miles round trip(went great) but it was also in preparation for today....

:coffee:Long Story Warning :coffee:

Exactly 1 month and 1 week after LTHR my husband was burned with condensed sulfuric acid at work. 3 spots with 3rd degree burns down his back, also multiple burns caused from the acid dripping from neck down.

A week after that he had skin grafting done. He is now left with myofascial syndrome and scar neuroma. He has gone through lots of PT, meds,WoundVac(awesome contraption),injections at pain management clinics and today had Radio Frequency Ablation done to a few nerves running along the scar on the worst spot on his lower back.

He needed a driver since being sedated during the procedure.He really protested about me driving and having to sit in the waiting room right now but as we know "through sickness and health". So he has to deal with his wife taking care of him:biggrin:

Home now and cooking up some Hamburger Soup and rolls...yummmmmyyy
 
Yummy! Chinese last night and hamburger soup...darn you haldox im hungry now LOL

Ouch you husbands accident sounds awful, and very painful. I've always been told that burns are the WORST ever. Thats sweet glad you can take care of him as well.

Good for you driving too!

Enjoy dinner!
 
LOL Ya it was mighty good too:wink1:

I would go through 100 more THRs before the burns!!

I do have pics, pretty graphic though.
 
Your videos are amazing! You look like you are doing great! I hope your hubby's recovery goes well - it's wonderful that you have each other :thumb::thumb:
 
:yay:Today is 3 weeks!!Time sure does fly!
I dont start outpatient PT until Thursday:sigh:They are really booked.I still do my exercises from the home therapist but just impatient to get started doing the big girl exercises.

Received OP report and well I did NOT get a matching pair! In pre op class I asked if Dr.Berger would still be using a Zimmer (told yes)but my R has a DePuy! May seem silly but I dont know why this kind of upsets me, maybe feel uneven:skeptical:, if that makes sense. Im very, very happy things have been going so great, just weird I guess LOL

Also have 1 screw in the cup. They removed some acetabular osteophytes, guessing something like bone spurs in there?:scratch:

I just didnt think that my R was just about as bad as my L was, it wasnt as painful as the left pre op.
 
YooooooHoooooo,

What's for dinner tonight?

Don't be sad about your hips not matching main goal is they both work the same. Mine is a depuy it means you have variety. That is interesting how they had to use a screw and you had less pain on this hip. Our bodies are so odd at times!

The great news is you are doing so well. Have fun with PT!

xxooxx

PS I would think the same about the hips not matching for real! It's not like you can ask for a refund or exchange well you could but not a good idea hopefully these babies will last forever.....
 
Tonight was pizza night!!! One of my allll time favs:biggrin:

Thanks Sarah-Im not really sad, happy things are going wonderfully, guess I just feel "mismatched". I was talking to my mother in law about it and she said now I shall be called "mismatch".:th_heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom