Guest viewing is limited

TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Karringtyn So glad you're safely home! I'm so sorry to hear you had such a bumpy ride and very glad that all's well. Now just take care and rest. :praying: :flwrysmile:
 
@Karringtyn. Just read all these posts. Sending you speedy recovery wishes your way. Hope everything is working out for you.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you today and hoping that you are starting to feel better. :friends:
 
Thank you all so much for your messages and support. I've never experienced a near death experience and I'm still quite shaken.....I'm just glad my regular doc stepped in when she did. On August 21 I had surgery that saved my life ...but then started bleeding internally...I had blood transfusions..plasma...then finally that hospital said we can't do any more for me and they transfered me to a hospital a half hour away that specializes in vascular. That decision saved my life. I am now on coumadin. ..Each day getting stronger but still in excruciating pain. But nothing like I was. Looking at the positives. ..my right knee..The replaced one....rocks. simple as that! It has supported me the past month....I'm struggling physically and emotionally...but I'm alive. And this too shall pass.
 
So good to hear from you. My prayers are with you as you recover from all this. Your GP was your angel getting you to the place you needed to be. Are the blood clots all due to your arthroscopic knee surgery? It is hard to believe what has happened. When you feel like sharing I hope you do as you may make us aware of what can happen to anyone.
Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Karringtyn

Good to hear from you! Thank you for the update.

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain still. :console2: Can your wonderful GP help you with something that relieves at least some of that pain?

Hopefully, you are now on the road to recovery, even if it is a slow road.

Please take care of yourself. Send us updates when you feel able.

We're here and we care!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear from you, glad you are finally healing. Hoping they can get your pain under control soon.
Great report on your TKR!
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers,
 
@Karringtyn So good to hear from you! I am sure you have a lot to process. Blessings and prayers for you. I am so glad you were able to get good care when you needed it so much. I am so sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. Praying that subsides very soon.

x x x
 
So very sorry to read of all your problems. Keeping you in my prayers.....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Blood Clots are healing and tissue is as well.....still struggling walking normal but each day I gain more strength. Because I had a blood clot that was so big and so much blockage....There will be NO surgery for at least a year. Do I regret arthroscopy on my left knee? 100 percent. That's just me.....but I was NEVER made aware of the risks of blood clots. Mind you mine did NOT come from me just lying around not moving. I called my office and TOLD THEM I HAD DEEP calf pain. They had me come in the NEXT day. It was the following day I had my life saving surgery. I am messed up emotionally as this was suppose to be a simple procedure......I was suppose to be back to work 2 weeks later...but I was fighting for my life. Things happen...I understand this....but I wish I had done wayyyy more research. I needed to educate myself even more......thank you for all your messages and prayers......I see surgeon Wednesday...knee surgeon.......I will know more then.
 
@Josephine Can you please change my title to "Almost 8 months later...the aftermath" Thank you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Karringtyn I am SO sorry this happened to you. It is so normal that you are having emotions that are "messed up". I am sure it is a very difficult roller coaster. I think of you a lot and pray for healing of you physically and emotionally . I am very happy that you are gaining strength each day. It is upsetting that you were put off that first day when you called! I am also glad you eventually had good caregivers!
Warmly,
MaryJean
 
@Karringtyn your story is very scary. There is truly no simple procedure. I'm glad you can relate what happened. Rest and rest. I am sorry the pain is so bad. I am ecstatic you had a GP who was on the ball. God bless her! Praying for your physical and emotional health. Youth is on your side, too.
(To everyone who suspects something is very wrong with them....ER, ER, ER. Everyone knows their body better than the person on the end of that phone line. I learned that last Sunday when I made my first visit ever to one with a worsening cellulitis.)
 
16 days and I am back to work. Still some knee pain....but I am 95 percent better. I have learned so much from the different docs....I was at risk for losing my leg from knee down......when it turned black that's what they were afraid was going to happen. Here I am 5 weeks later.....stronger than ever!! 2 days ago......!
[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath
 
@Karringtyn, I hadn't realised that this was your new thread title so I've been missing your posts. I'm glad you are back here, and looking so good too. Xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom