THR Ahipgma recovery

Just ran into my first miracle hip replacement recipient--- who had the same surgeon as I did and when I said recovery is slow she said "oh my recovery was a piece of cake". I should have asked her what did she do right after, scale Everest or the Boston Marathon....:what:
 
I suggest a whop with a cane would have been appropriate!! :rotfl:. Sheesh!! I was blessed with a pretty uneventful recovery but I'd NEVER call it a piece of cake!
 
Hey :wave:@ahipgma
Happy Five Month Anniversary to Righty!
I hope you have a lovely Tuesday and great rest of the week. :SUNsmile:
 
Wow, I agree with @Calgal, I'd have been very tempted to swat at Miracle Recovery's leg if I heard her brag that her recovery had been a piece of cake! Ha! I think she was just glossing over and forgetting how tough it actually was, no question. You are doing great, @ahipgma, and as we all need to constantly remind ourselves, it's not a race and it's not a competition. We are all going to get there sooner rather than later, no question. People like that should be ignored! Happy Tuesday!
 
Aww, you're welcome! It's our pleasure and you're a joy :)
Good to read you're feeling progress and enjoying pain free days.
May it only get better!
@ahipgma
 
I'd have to agree with Miracle Recovery.
Before swatting me, I'd like to point out comparisons to previous surgeries. It is all about your personal experience. If its your first or second sure it is awful.
But to me there is no comparison to being carved up internally due to cancer ( the op was 6 hours long)six months of chemo that put me to bed and I lost 50 lbs in that time and was hospitalized for a transfusion
and them a TKR.
So if I spout off that its not bad remember all things are relative.
What is truly bad for you may not be for another and they really do mean well to you. They are simply not thinking of Your experiences
 
Sure puts things in perspective, @mainegirl1 . I read your escapades and sense you are amazingly tough - and now I know why. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:
 
It may well be all relative, and good that her surgery and recovery felt easy to her...but I certainly cannot see how Miss Miracle can think it is helpful to tell someone who is still recovering from major surgery and working hard to regain health and mobility that her hip replacement was a piece of cake.
There are always people who have gone through worse, and hip surgery and recovery was actually not as horrible as I had envisioned.
Hopefully, these are my forever hips because although I've never regretted my surgery...dont care to do it again.
 
Last edited:
Well of course timing is everything and really our perspectives ought not be projected onto others but I'd still brush off and forgive Miss Cinderella instead of impaling her with a glass slipper
Maybe
And I know there are some of our members who have had far from
a walk in the park when I look at their CV re operations
 
Forgot to mention when I said recovery was slow she said "huh!and we had the same doctor too.... that's strange!!"and the really strange part is she is a nurse and runs a counseling and weight loss center. I have learned to sort of hold my tongue in my job because many times when I hear someones backstory there is many times something I should not have said. So I stay neutral.
 
I'd brush it off too. But she might be Cinderella or Might be the evil stepmother who likes to make people feel inferior...either way, aint nothing but a thing. You would think as a nurse she would know better.
 
Of course I brushed it off, but that was my first encounter with a miracle hip and that's why I mentioned it.
I told my husband who has just spent his summer caring for me and watching me recover twice and he looked rather surprised. And he personally never had a hip replaced. Glad we have BS where the vast majority support and try to make others feel better!
 
I totally agree...I also know I was very anxious still about whether all would finally get right and would be paranoid about someone making me think I was somehow behind the curve.
Two new hips this year...and you are doing just fine.
:ok:

We have seen faster recoveries, sort of slow recoveries and extra slow recoveries where...people do recover.
 
Well, @ahipgma, I think brushing Miracle Recovery off was the right decision, although part of me would want to feign shock and say to her "oh, my goodness--it's a competition? I didn't know, how foolish of me". But, I think we all have miracle recoveries, no matter how long it takes, when you think about how awful it was for so many before surgery.
 
A dear dear friend of mine had her first hip replacement in the late 90’s and was kept in the hospital for nearly a week, didn’t get out of bed for days, then sent home and wasn’t even allowed to get in a car for the next 6 weeks. A few years later she had the other one done and by then the protocol had changed and she went home the next day and was driving in 2 weeks (as did I with the first one). So when she found out I was having it done her first comment to me was “it’s so easy, it’s really simple and great”.
Luckily I found this forum shortly thereafter. :giggle:
 
Woohoo! 6 week for #2 went great. They lifted all restrictions and dont need to see me for a year unless I need to see them.
A huge sigh of relief.
Only thing is I woke up with horrible tooth pain but mercifully can be fit in for a root canal today. I've had them before and know all about them and I am truly excited to go!
This pain is the pits. Have to take 2000 of Amoxicillin now though before I leave. Fun for my stomach.....
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom