THR Ahipgma recovery

@ahipgma do report on your first bionic airport experience, especially now you've got two! :dancy:
 
Hello @ahipgma :wave:
Hugs and best wishes you feel better soon. I read elsewhere you picked up the flu while visiting your dear old friend. What a bummer! I can't even imagine schlepping through airports with a fever, you poor thing.
Get lots of rest and feel better soon! :console2:
 
Oh btw, my security check at the airport couldnt have been easier. I just stepped into the round machine and put my feet on the yellow footprints and raised my hands over my head. Voila! Did tell them I had hip replacements as I was going thru. This was in Pittburgh Pa and Richmond, VA.
 
Oh btw, my security check at the airport couldnt have been easier.

I experienced the same. Easy peasy. I think I told them on my outbound I had a hip replacement and all they did was wave a wand over my clavicle area. Seemed random. On my return flight, I didn't mention anything and just walked right through like everyone else. I don't know at which airports they look at documentation and cards from your OS and some of the other stuff I've read here? :shrug: Not my experience at all.
 
Good morning, @ahipgma, I hope your day is going well and glad to read you're feeling better. Do you go somewhere for Thanksgiving? I realize it's just around the corner and I am so thankful I don't have to host--we're going to my sister-in-law's house and I just have to bake rolls and toss a big salad together as my contribution. I think trying to host Thanksgiving with a hip replacement just a few months back might feel rather daunting for a lot of folks. Happy Monday!
 
So sad you got flu... but at least you had a great visit with your old friends. :loveshwr: Glad to hear you sailed through airport security. I'm planning a trip back to the States next year to visit my sisters...we shall see how, uh, 'thorough' they are with international passengers. :shrug:
 
You know, @Calgal, on a long flight or an international flight the rules may be stricter.
We'll see how our flight to Italy goes in the spring. These were not great big airports.
My poor SIL gets profiled a lot because he is Indian but being who he is he just shrugs it off and goes with the flow. Maybe the xray machines now can sense a hip replacement from metal that could be used for more sinister purposes!
@Barbaraj I have hosted Thanksgiving since I have been married. But my kids are all working, as we have a nurse, a PA and a doc.
So just four of us and everyone likes chicken and not turkey.
Very very true though, everything was harder before I had these hips done. It's like I'm noticing my other arthritis more because my hips dont hurt except for the very random tissue and muscle pain. Not complaining though, the hips were by far the worst and the holidays will be bright now that Im healed!
 
Truly Happy Hippy Holidays.:happydance:
Hope you are recovering from the flu...I got it Christmas week 3 years ago, and the body aches were horrid.
You've done so beautifully through your recoveries.
Very inspirational.:yahoo:
 
Oh, lucky you, @ahipgma! Only four guests and they like chicken? Score! I wish I liked turkey more but, although I don't hate it, I think it is terribly overrated and was always a pain to prepare back in the days when I hosted Thanksgiving. I am so grateful my sister-in-law is the host now, and she and her husband prepare that dratted bird. I eat a little to be polite but I really am unenthused. With your fully bionic hips I agree that THIS holiday season is looking very bright indeed!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, you hip grandma!
I hope you and Lefty have a wonderful day and a lovely Thanksgiving eating chicken, my preference also!
Hugs
@ahipgma
 
Happy Anniversary bday sister! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, I'm doing a small one as well.
 
Hey thanks so much! Trying to pace myself as we have birthdays and other things that occur at this time of year besides the usual holiday frivolity. Giving thanks for pain free hips this year and sure you are doing the same. Trying to work on flexibility a little more these days, but mostly they are wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours @Elf1
 
@ahipgma :wave: Happy 3 months!! You are doing so well and yes, we need to Give Thanks for our amazing modern medicine.. hopefully hip surgeries are putting a big crimp in the cane sales..
Enjoy the holidays!
 
Hi @ahipgma
Noticed your post over on Mayhip8's and figured I'd drop by your thread and say Hi! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:

I'm sorry to read about your precious granddaughters hospitalization for the upper respiratory infection, followed by the asthma diagnosis. I understand your DIL's initial reaction as we never want to see our kids health compromised or watch them struggle physically. Thankfully it sounds like, Ari, quickly bounced back and is on the mend in time for the holiday. :banana-santa:Sweet little princess!

It sounds like you and hubs accomplished a lot at home then relaxed while watching It's A Wonderful Life. I hope the memories of Christmases past and the anticipation of special times to be enjoyed this year warm your heart through this very special season.
Many blessings to you and yours now and in the New Year!

baby-jesus :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Same to you and a wonderful holiday, @Layla!. Ari made a complete recovery and the way I look at these things is forewarned is forearmed and now they will watch her carefully and intervene early and keep her out of the hospital! This is such a season of hope and joy that has its base in my Christian roots I cant help but be thankful and count all my blessings and my Bonesmart friends are among them.
Merry Christmas!
 
Merry Christmas hippie sis, and so happy to hear Ari is back up and running!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom