• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

THR Ahipgma recovery

Calgal

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@ahipgma do report on your first bionic airport experience, especially now you've got two! :dancy:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Hello @ahipgma :wave:
Hugs and best wishes you feel better soon. I read elsewhere you picked up the flu while visiting your dear old friend. What a bummer! I can't even imagine schlepping through airports with a fever, you poor thing.
Get lots of rest and feel better soon! :console2:

OP
OP
A

ahipgma

graduate
Country
Thanks, @Layla! I got a flu shot and everything! I am used to a certain amount of joint pain but I was really knocked sideways, every joint in my body hurt, even my hair hurt! Better now, and at least I wasnt hosting Thanksgiving dinner or something! Sheesh!

OP
OP
A

ahipgma

graduate
Country
Oh btw, my security check at the airport couldnt have been easier. I just stepped into the round machine and put my feet on the yellow footprints and raised my hands over my head. Voila! Did tell them I had hip replacements as I was going thru. This was in Pittburgh Pa and Richmond, VA.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Oh btw, my security check at the airport couldnt have been easier.
I experienced the same. Easy peasy. I think I told them on my outbound I had a hip replacement and all they did was wave a wand over my clavicle area. Seemed random. On my return flight, I didn't mention anything and just walked right through like everyone else. I don't know at which airports they look at documentation and cards from your OS and some of the other stuff I've read here? :shrug: Not my experience at all.

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Good morning, @ahipgma, I hope your day is going well and glad to read you're feeling better. Do you go somewhere for Thanksgiving? I realize it's just around the corner and I am so thankful I don't have to host--we're going to my sister-in-law's house and I just have to bake rolls and toss a big salad together as my contribution. I think trying to host Thanksgiving with a hip replacement just a few months back might feel rather daunting for a lot of folks. Happy Monday!

Calgal

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So sad you got flu... but at least you had a great visit with your old friends. :loveshwr: Glad to hear you sailed through airport security. I'm planning a trip back to the States next year to visit my sisters...we shall see how, uh, 'thorough' they are with international passengers. :shrug:

OP
OP
A

ahipgma

graduate
Country
You know, @Calgal, on a long flight or an international flight the rules may be stricter.
We'll see how our flight to Italy goes in the spring. These were not great big airports.
My poor SIL gets profiled a lot because he is Indian but being who he is he just shrugs it off and goes with the flow. Maybe the xray machines now can sense a hip replacement from metal that could be used for more sinister purposes!
@Barbaraj I have hosted Thanksgiving since I have been married. But my kids are all working, as we have a nurse, a PA and a doc.
So just four of us and everyone likes chicken and not turkey.
Very very true though, everything was harder before I had these hips done. It's like I'm noticing my other arthritis more because my hips dont hurt except for the very random tissue and muscle pain. Not complaining though, the hips were by far the worst and the holidays will be bright now that Im healed!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Truly Happy Hippy Holidays.:happydance:
Hope you are recovering from the flu...I got it Christmas week 3 years ago, and the body aches were horrid.
You've done so beautifully through your recoveries.
Very inspirational.:yahoo:

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Oh, lucky you, @ahipgma! Only four guests and they like chicken? Score! I wish I liked turkey more but, although I don't hate it, I think it is terribly overrated and was always a pain to prepare back in the days when I hosted Thanksgiving. I am so grateful my sister-in-law is the host now, and she and her husband prepare that dratted bird. I eat a little to be polite but I really am unenthused. With your fully bionic hips I agree that THIS holiday season is looking very bright indeed!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Three Month Anniversary, you hip grandma!
I hope you and Lefty have a wonderful day and a lovely Thanksgiving eating chicken, my preference also!
Hugs
@ahipgma

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Anniversary bday sister! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, I'm doing a small one as well.

OP
OP
A

ahipgma

graduate
Country
Hey thanks so much! Trying to pace myself as we have birthdays and other things that occur at this time of year besides the usual holiday frivolity. Giving thanks for pain free hips this year and sure you are doing the same. Trying to work on flexibility a little more these days, but mostly they are wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours @Elf1

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@ahipgma :wave: Happy 3 months!! You are doing so well and yes, we need to Give Thanks for our amazing modern medicine.. hopefully hip surgeries are putting a big crimp in the cane sales..
Enjoy the holidays!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Gen
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom