THR Ahipgma recovery

Hugh Jackman! Wow! How amazing - so good to hear all is improving and you're having such a great time :loveshwr: All the hard work is paying off @ahipgma- you are my inspiration and your positivity shines through . Sending big love and hugs:roseshwr::friends:
 
Hi there, @ahipgma I can relate to the steep steps at the event venue. I foolishly went to a baseball game at about 2 months out and, whew, those stadium steps were steep and hard to maneuver. But, you did it, and enjoyed a fabulous show--hurray! Hope you have a pleasant week ahead.
 
Hello and Happy Friday!
Three more days until your Two Month Anniversary. Time sure flies.
Surprisingly so, it did feel like time moved faster during recovery than I imagined it would. Hopefully you're doing well and right where you expect to be at this point. We're expecting a beautiful Autumn weekend here, beginning today. Most likely the last one of the season. Hopefully it's going to be sunny and warm in your neck of the woods also.
Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@ahipgma
 
:wave:
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
It's Lefty's special day. Hope you're doing something fun.
Have a great evening and week!
@ahipgma
 
Thanks, @Layla.
My husband's and my first date was Oct 21, 1985. So 2 nice things today---- 34 years for the husband, 2 months for the hip!
Finally, I am understanding about the phrase
"you get your life back", between the passage of time and the wonderful PT I am almost pain free with my range of motion improving all the time.
Thanks for all the reminders during recovery that this would happen, when in the throes of it we find it hard to believe-- it is here now and life is sweet, --- and so are you!:yes:
 
@ahipgma well, Happy Anniversary to you and hubby and Happy Two Months on lefty! Definitely a reason to celebrate! :flwrysmile:
 
Aaah, so sweet, @ahipgma
Two lovely things to celebrate...your years with hubs and a new hip. Just think of the things you two will be able to do now that you're no longer in pain.
Your golden years will be just that....golden! :loveshwr:
 
@ahipgma I guess I've really retired, unless something happens to come along that peaks my interest and then I don't imagine I'd go back full time. We are definitely tough workers but it's their loss! :heehee: So far I'm enjoying being retired, taking the time to sort out some of the clutter that's accumulated over time between my back and hip issues, feels so good!
 
So happy to catch up here and see you are doing so well!
Hope your week is sweet.
 
@ahipgma I just read your recent post about getting your life back.. that is so wonderful! Especially since you had both hips replaced in a short amount of time. I am so happy for you!
You and Elf1 are making me a little envious with all of your talk about retiring.
Back to your hip, are you able to walk easily now, for longer distances?
Congrats again! You will be an inspiration for many who come to the forum with 2 bum hips!
 
Good morning, @ahipgma Nice to read that things seem to be going so well. Do you and your husband celebrate the anniversary of your first date? That's so sweet if you do. I don't even remember exactly when I met my husband so that would be a puzzle for me. You are doing so well if PT is working and you're moving along such that pain and stiffness is dissipating. I'm three months out but confess that although my life has pretty much gotten back to normal, I am still stiff and aching when I get up and if I foolishly sit too long. These grey and wet days here in the PNW definitely encourage me to plop in a chair and read and I am often hobbling more than I should as a result. But your story and report is inspirational---hurray for you!
 
Hi all,
@Elf1 i believe we are all on a journey and I am just thrilled to never, ever, have to go back to bedside nursing again and am savoring that for now, but who knows? Things change and as you say if something interesting comes along, I might work again. My mom is 88 and lives alone, I am with her alot, and my granddaughter is driving distance. If either of those change I may be more motivated to take on a job.
Hi @Mojo333 --your encouragement helped me through and @CricketHip, I hiked 3 miles on Sunday with no pain, I'd say some tiredness and stiffness of the legs but the horrible limping and grinding pain--- GONE.
I'm amazed to even say it.
At 63, the type of nursing I was doing was really stressful. My 25 year old daughter gets stressed at her bedside nursing job, and she can hear well, walk well, and is a whiz at the computer system our hospital uses. At the time of my surgery I had deficits in all the above! This is time now to take care of me.
I am thankful for my hub, who is still working, and our ability to live on just his salary. Hes 4 years younger than me and pretty healthy! I am over the moon to be retired!
@Barbaraj , at 25 and now, my husband has had a full calendar. Hes of the " I'll sleep when I'm dead" school. I was working shifts,going for my college degree, and he was in school for his masters, taught high school full time, was a DJ for extra money, was active in his church and youth ministry..... we made our first date and it was October 21st. We set that date in mid-September. I just always remembered it.
As for my recovery, yours has been pretty amazing, as I have seen it! I have one hip that's nearly 6 months out, the other just passed 8 weeks. My PT has been excellent, guiding and encouraging me, challenging me too! I recovered faster and better because of them! I'd encourage anyone to go for double hips if needed Two took longer to recover but it would have pointless in my case to only have one done---- doubly blessed!
 
Last edited:
Double hippie now, and no looking back, is there? You are doing splendidly, @ahipgma and a 3 mile walk without lasting ill effects really does feel great, doesn't it? Hurray for you! You deserve this! Have a great Thursday.
 
Good Morning and a Happy Friday to you! :wave:
How wonderful you still have your mom at age 88 and the freedom to spend time with her now that you've retired. It sounds as though all fell into place at the perfect time for you. Good job on the three mile walk. At only a little over two months post op, feeling tired and stiff afterward sounds normal.
I hope you have a great weekend!
@ahipgma
 
Hello @ahipgma
Want to wish you safe travels as you fly south to meet your girlfriend of fifty years on Monday. How fun! I still get to together with some girls I went to grade school with and began hanging out with 55 yrs ago. It's crazy, but wonderful to still have these old friends in our lives. I know when we get together it's some of the best times. Lots of loud laughter.
I hope you enjoy and come back feeling refreshed. Have a great time!
:)
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom