Guest viewing is limited

TKR Adnil checking in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.
 
Thank you all for your comforting words. My husband took his job as caregiver of my knee very seriously and loved being there for me with love, concern and above all he helped me to smile and laugh on days when this knee of mine was having a tantrum. He always asked how things were going with the 'smarties; and loved when I told him he was given a Bonesmart golden star... He was my soulmate and my love of 43 years and I will miss him beyond words.
Thanks again and I will keep in touch.
Love Linda
 
Love to you, Linda. :console: It was a gift that he was able to be there for you and to give of himself to you during your knee recovery. It was a gift for you both. I've been married for 40 years. I can't imagine...
 
Was reading through your posts yesterday so was shocked when I saw your post today. So terribly sorry to hear your very sad news and my thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.xx
 
Dear Linda,

I am holding you in my prayers and sending you lots of light to help illuminate your path. I am very sorry for your tremendous loss.

Love,

Dori
 
Hi, Linda - I had not read your recovery thread but saw your sad news. May God give you comfort and solace. I cannot imagine what you are going through.
 
I am so sorry for your loss I am keeping you in my prayers. Remember your BoneSmart family is here for you offering you prayers and support
 
So very sorry to hear of your loss, your husband has been a wonderful soulmate for you and I know you will miss him terribly. I wish you the strength to get through these early days , and send my healing thoughts to you .

Liz x
 
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. He would have been so proud yesterday when the doctor gave me a gold star for recovery...My family is around me and helping me to put one foot in front of the other.
Thanks again..Linda
 
Linda, I am so glad that your family is around you and helping you to put one foot in front of the other. I am continuing my prayers for you in this very difficult time. ((((Hugs)))) How blessed you are to have had such a wonderful, supportive, loving, caring husband.
 
My life has been turned upside down with the death of my husband but this knee recovery doesn't stop. The last week has been so hard, trying to sort things out and dealing with the business side of this nightmare. I've had no choice but to be on my feet for hours on end, driving all over, meeting with people, walking, standing, packing, cleaning. My knee is constantly swollen but I'm not in bad pain. today I tried to step down with my meds and took 2 Tylenol 3 but by 2 pm as I sat in an office changing my phone ( i have come to my sons house ) the pain was back in full force, luckily I had some Tridural so was able to take 2 and that helped. On that note, the Tridural has started to make my mouth so dry I have trouble talking. Never did that before. frustrating. It's been 8 weeks but feels like 4. I would like to take a day to rest but things have to be done. I have an appointment with a new Dr next week, not specialist, my surgeon back home said I was fine but that was under my husbands watchful eye, now even tho I have amazing support, the poor knee is being overworked. it scares me as I fear something bad will happen. I do ice it as often as I can but it's still swollen and can be painful.
sorry for the long post but at the end of the day you are the only people who can really understand and maybe give advice. Thanks all, Linda ( Adnil)
 
Linda, I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. It must be horrendously difficult for you. It is really hard to heal when you are dealing with so much. My husband (we have been separated for three years but I thought we were working to mend the relationship) informed me at three and a half weeks post op that he was divorcing me. So, rather than have him step in and be supportive he has added divorce proceedings and extra turmoil into my life at a time when I need to be resting. It has been very very hard.

My recommendation is for you to rest and put your leg up as much as you can. Ice, rest and elevate as much as you can, take care of yourself and be kind, and gentle to yourself. You will make it. I would also think that it might be bad timing to try to step down the meds. I know for me I was sleeping better before my husband dropped his 'bomb' on me. I am having such a hard time with all of this extra and have just been keeping it to myself, at least on here...
 
Linda, I know at this point all you can do is put one foot in front of the next and do what needs to be done. No words can make this easier, but I am so sorry. I agree that this is probably not the time to back off the pain meds, but I think you found that out. Of all the many things you need to do now, if you can possibly schedule things around it, please try to give yourself a break of 2 or 3 days to put up your feet and rest. Your husband would not be happy if you undid all his caring work! It will all get done in time. I'm glad your are with your son. I'm glad you are here with us! HUGS!
 
BJ what rotten timing your ex has. You have always impressed me as being a very strong woman so you will get thru this. I'm going to do my best as well, we don't really have much of choice do we.

Janet, I will take today and rest. everyone has gone back to work and I have decided to indulge this knee of mine. You are are right, my hub would not be happy to know I've been neglecting it.

It's good to be back on board and getting on with the physical healing.
 
Hi Linda I continue to hold you in my prayers. Let your son help take care of you and handle some of the things that need to be done. It will be healing for him too.
BJ I am so sorry you have been treated this way. You deserve better. I will keep you in my prayers. Make sure you are resting and giving your knee a chance to heal. We are family so please feel free to come to us whenever. You don't need to deal with all this extra stuff by yourself that is what family is for
 
Well Linda, one things for certain -- you will look back at this time with utter amazement at what you went through, and what you were able to get done.

I find it really hard to say no to matters pressing for attention, and I'm not very good at sitting back and delegating. Sometimes things cannot be parceled out. I imagine that you are doing your best both to take care of yourself (icing & rest), accepting help, and attending to all the matters demanding your attention. Life just doesn't have pretty bows and ribbons at times. I bet it makes you appreciate all the people who put one foot in front of the other despite a big burden.

Perhaps you'd have the chance to, for instance, schedule a massage once a week during this time -- or anything where YOU get TLC and rest. It's on the calendar and something you know you can count on for recharging.

My thoughts are with you - yram (mary). See! We think alike.
 
Linda & BJ - you amaze & inspire me! Not only going through the trauma of surgery and the often painful recovery but continuing on in the face of such sadness and heartbreak! I'm so sorry for your losses (divorce is a loss too, of a different nature). Words can't begin to express how much I admire you both. You're in my prayers and thoughts. I wish I could do more. Take care of yourselves! :console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom