Guest viewing is limited

TKR Adnil checking in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and all you're going through. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you move forward. Just keep remembering - he doesn't miss out on a thing...he sees ALL your wonderful progress and I am confident that he is beaming from the heavens!! Hugs to you my friend.
 
I'm back and what a trip it's been. First and foremost let me say thank you God for sisters. My two sisters came out each for a week and worked 12 hours a day. My little Grandson was there also and he was right there with us moving boxes, sweeping out empty rooms, helping me carry donations into the thrift shop. In the 2 weeks we took off one day and went whale watching. I fell asleep on the boat. It was fun.

I knew my husband was with me when we were almost late for our plane in Vancouver and just as we were boarding the plane I heard 'our song' playing way off in the background. I called to my sister to listen and she said yes indeed she heard it as well. So many other signs that he was beside me, Kaelan had asked if he could look in Grandads bedside table to pick out something. I said I would sit with him. well we opened the middle drawer and there on top of everything there was something wrapped up in lovely paper. I had no idea what it was so of course I opened it. To my utter surprise there was an anniversary card inside signed by him, no envelope. I still can't figure out what that was all about. Why would he have a card all wrapped up for an anniversary that is months away. The words tho were just what I needed to hear at that moment. So many other signs. Me frantically looking for my marriage certificate and my grandson walking over to the opened safe and casually handing the certificate to me. Our neighbours deciding to have a fund raiser garage sale for the Tour De Rock...a group of bike riding cops who go from one tip of the Island down to raise $$ for kids with cancer. They were a blessing as I didn't have to deal with selling off things I didn't want to bring. The neighbour and his kids came over time and time again to take donated items and sell them for the Tour. I tried having my own sale a week before but was upset to see my beautiful things in the driveway that I took the sign down and in the end preferred to donate them to a good cause.
He was also there every time I opened a drawer or looked on a shelf because there would be an old Valentine or birthday card. Or a picture of the 2 of us. It goes on and on. By the end my sister was just shaking her head saying " this is unreal" but she wasn't surprised.

And so it went.

My knee. My physio therapist called me and asked me to come in for a check up. She was actually shocked at how much better my knee was from the last time I saw her. She said she was very very proud of me. I still need to work on flatting the back of my knee out when I'm on the bed but otherwise she was amazed and said to just keep doing whatever it is I'm doing. I did try to cut back on Tridural but couldn't sleep thru the night so I'll finish this prescription then things will be fine.

I now have my house on the market back there and will be looking for something here. Before that tho, I'm going to visit my brother in Niagara Falls for 2 weeks to sit by his pool and be spoiled rotten. I'm not allowed to do anything but relax and enjoy the sunshine. I think I can manage that.

Thanks for all your prayers and candles they must be working because here I am. All my paperwork is done, all my house is organized and I'm still breathing.

....BJ, I've been back for 2 days now and I was so pleased to see your message tonight, you inspired me to sit down and write.

(((((((((((((((((((love and hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) Linda
 
[Bonesmart.org] Adnil checking in....
Linda, its so good to hear from you. Your update is heart warming and soul shaking. So many signs of love and caring--you deserve them all. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. We do so care. Judy
 
Linda,

Thanks for writing. You have been on my mind often. I am so glad that your sisters and grandson were able to come and be with you as you worked through this hard job. It is wonderful to hear about all the reminders you had of and from your dear husband. Your progress on your knee is great, Yay!!! Do take care and enjoy your visit with your brother and your time being spoiled by the pool. Keep us posted.

Continuing the (((hugs))) and prayers
 
Linda, good to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing and here you are!!

Take comfort in the experience you had at the house. It sounds like a dose of medicine for the heart and soul!

Cpngrats on the upbeat report on your knee. I surely hope that keeps improving for you.

Best,

Dawn
 
Judy the beautiful angel is so appreciated. I'll take comfort in knowing she's looking over me. Thank you so much.

Dawn and BJ, as always, thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement. Tonight was especially hard for some reason, maybe realizing my life as I knew it is well and truly over. Your words meant alot.

Time to go to bed now,

(((((hugs))))) Linda
 
Ohhh Linda, That hurts soooo much, those random times of deep, deep mourning, I keep having those as well. I weep and mourne for a time and the get back up and keep living. I will pray for you when I hit those spells as I know how very hard the process of mourning is. ((((hugs)))) hang in there!
 
Huggs to everyone. Linda, you've had the forward motion of getting it all done to keep you focused and moving through this ordeal. Now that you've slowed down and have a breather, it isn't surprising that you will now have a let down. I'm so glad you have such supportive family around you as you go through the ebb and flow of your loss and changes in your life. And that's great news about your knee!
 
Linda, I was wondering how you were getting on.
You ve taken steps forward both in life and with your knee.
'one day at a time' is a cliche I know but it's all you can do..like one step in front of the other.
Take care x
 
One day at a time may be a cliche but it's all I can do at this point. When I look back over the last 6 weeks and how much my life has been turned upside down I'm amazed that I'm still able to take a breath never mind take a step. But somehow the strength has been coming from somewhere so I'll take it.

My beautiful Island home is on the market and all my furniture is in storage waiting for my new home here in Edmonton. The only thing I'm 100% sure of is that I couldn't live there without Cob so I don't have regrets. I did move rather fast tho so now I'm taking time to go visit my brother in Niagara Falls and I have picked up my brushes and begun to paint again. He'd be so happy about that as there was nothing he loved more than to come into my studio and watch me create something on canvas. He was my biggest fan.

My knee has been doing ok but as knees go I overdid it yesterday and now it's reminding me that it hasn't been 3 months yet and today it's pretty sore. So I'll dig the icepack out from the back of the freezer and elevate for a couple of hours.

I think about the folks on this board and the support that was given in those first few weeks and is ongoing and I am so grateful. Thanks for thinking about me..

Love and (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) Linda
 
Go to your brother's, breath in, breath out, that will be your only obligation for awhile!
 
Hang in there Linda. Take the time you need and know that when you need a kind word, we are here. I hope your visit to your brothers goes well.

It's all a process, a new way to live each day, in so many ways.

Be well,

Dawn
 
Linda, I just found your thread for the first time since your terrible loss. Absolutely unbelievable sadness! You have been given not only a roller coaster ride, but a roller coaster ride with a double loop! My tears flowed continuously throughout your thread in sadness for your loss and life changing circumstance! I wish you continued recovery for your knee and your heart! Enjoy your stay with your brother and pamper yourself!
Stay well my BoneSmartie friend! :friends:
 
It's good to be back from my brothers. I managed to swim each day and spent lots of time just sitting by the pool reading or staring at the clouds. Now I;m back at my sons and we're looking for a new house.

My knee has been mostly behaving but is still quite swollen is that normal for 13 weeks???? No pain whatsoever but I still take Tylonal 3 before bed. Actually I'm down to the last few in my prescription and will go on Tylenol extra strength from the drug store. Or should I be med free by now??????????

Aside from the swelling things are good. I remember my OS telling me that you forget the pain and he's right. The only thing I regret is not doing this 2 years ago so
cob could have enjoyed me not hobbeling around everywhere. I've lost weight and walk normally no limping. I can go up and down stairs and everytime I cross my legs or bend my knee I think how proud he would be and I wish he could have seen my recovery further along onstead of only 6 weeks. But it is what it is. I love my knee and all that initial pain was so worth while. Just the swelling is worrying me. I admit I have been walking alot and with the move I have been putting this ol knee thru it's paces.
I've missed you guys and see so many new members who are starting out. Hang in there guys it is sooooo worth while.

Time for bed now but hope to hear back from you all soon.....:)

((((((((hugs)))))))) Linda
 
LInda, swelling is normal for up to six months and sometimes even beyond that. Remember that the rehab is for a year, you are still early in your recovery. and, you have been giving it a workout. I think a few days of rest and elevation of the knee along with icing and you will be surprised how quickly your knee recovers.

I am also an artist and I take great solace in my art. So many of my emotions are expressed in my paintings. Now is a good time to journal in your sketch book and bring these new feelings and emotions to the surface. Grief is hard work, and it startles you too. One of my sons struggles with alcohol. I was doing a reading in church two weeks ago and he suddenly came to my mind---I had to hand the book to someone else as I could not stop weeping so that I could read. Those sudden memories are very precious--even though they are painful too. Kelly
 
[Bonesmart.org] Adnil checking in....
Linda! Good to hear from you. You're just 3 1/2 months post op---swelling is normal if you're doing a lot of walking and other activities. Elevate and ice--elevate and ice---elevate and ice! I'm 9 months post op and my left knee still swells some and needs elevating and icing. I'm just taking Jo's BoneSmart cocktail twice a day now. We're all proud of you and how you've handled yourself. Take care, keep us posted. You know we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Adnil checking in....
 
Linda, It is so good to hear from you. I am glad that you had a good visit and relaxed by the pool at your brother's home. I hope that you find a nice house that you can really enjoy. I am still swelling too. I hope that one day this goes away too.
 
Linda, welcome back! It's hard to not do more as time goes by, and likely get more swollen. I'm on vacation right now, so am doing more at 10 weeks. I feel it. But I'm doing okay.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom