TKR ACIM

Great feedback everyone. Thank you. I actually do have a couple of different massaging devices as I have for quite some time, specifically on the backs of my legs for nerve release pain. For example, I have a regular tennis ball that I can use under my calves and put pressure on a nerve that is disruptive. For whatever reason the pressure from the tennis ball on the nerve calms it down, almost like being a wrinkle in the nerve that gets "ironed out." Make sense?

Kitty is doing better on meds and I am calming down. Don't go back to work until Monday so I'm feeling gratefully lazy this morning. Blessings to all of you.
 
Thankfully you have some remedies that bring relief in your bag of tricks. :thumb:
Good to know kitty is doing better and in turn you're feeling more at peace. Rest up and enjoy the next several days before you return to work next week.
Happy Thursday!
@ACIM
 
Kitty is doing better on meds and I am calming down. Don't go back to work until Monday so I'm feeling gratefully lazy this morning. Blessings to all of you.
Yay on the kitty meds working! Enjoy your lazy day. It's good for all of us sometimes, especially if you're recovering from major surgery.
 
Must be honest with you all. Yesterday, Thursday, I slept so much of the day other than a dermatology appointment I had. I find myself in somewhat of a deep depression over my cat. I haven't rehabbed the knee in 2 days. Energy very low but have good communication with my doctor so he knows what's going on. It is now 5:00 a.m. on the East Coast and I have an 8:15 a.m. eye appointment. Woke up at 3:00 a.m. and could not go back to sleep so I am up and we'll go to this appointment and then probably come back home and sleep again. I just don't feel like moving. Despite Kitty doing a little better there is no time frame on how long he is going to be around so I know this is why I want to stay in bed because he curls right up next to my head and I can breathe him in. Don't go back to work until Monday. May try to walk later today. I am sharing this because I need to talk to someone. Tag, you're it. Thank you and blessings.
 
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

As this article says, post op blues are normal. Instead of worrying about losing your loved kitty, why not just enjoy each moment with him. Concentrating on his leaving is robbing you of the now time you are spending with him. I believe taking a little walk today will help those blues. Also, getting back to work will help. Don't be surprised if you have increased pain and swelling after the first few days back. Your knee will be going through a new stress and might "fuss" about it. No exercises or PT are beneficial on work days. Just going to work, with all that involves, is PT enough.
 
Good Morning ACIM,
I am so sorry you're feeling this way. In reality you are already grieving the loss of your kitty so naturally you're feeling devastated. Your sadness is a testament of your love for him. I hope you can find ways to make all remaining time special. Know that you're his person and that you've given him a life full of attention and love, which is the greatest thing you can offer.

I think a walk outdoors will do you good. Breathe in some nature / fresh air and get those "feel good" hormones going. Then go back home for some kitty snuggles and include kitty treats. :wink: You know he will love that.
Sending a hug and wishing a peaceful day for you.
@ACIM
 
Thinking of you today and hope you’re feeling better.
Healing is an interesting journey which sometimes even challenges our perception of ourselves.
 
Thank you all. Went back to sleep at about 6:30 and I'm now up again and plan on staying up until tonight. It is a beautiful day out today and I am feeling a little better. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the feedback, of course on the tkr knee but most importantly right now, on the circumstances with my cat. Nice to know that being in the post-op knee forum doesn't have to be just about post-op knees.
 
What can I say, my mighty companions in post-op and on staff. You are such a comfort to me. I will be off the site for a couple of days until I get paid and can sign up again for another month. All of my money has gone to vet bills. And once I take Kitty back in to get his blood work done again it will be another $300 hit which is why I'm so broke, haha. The first visit was $800.
Wanted you all to know that I have survived a very deep three or four day depression the likes of which I've not known ever. I really needed to hear that the combination of the rehab, the kitty, getting called down at work, had put me in a state of mind where I just wanted to be oblivious. No energy, no movement, just sitting with my kitty.
All is better now though I still have not worked out or walked for 4 or 5 days. Tomorrow, wednesday, is my Friday so I will be off again after tomorrow until next Monday. I sincerely believe I will be able to get back to rehabbing after tomorrow. I love you all for your continued encouragement and support. Truly am feeling better and really take to Heart the suggestions you have given me for both the rehab and the kitty. Blessings.
 
This is a wonderful message, @ACIM …. You’ve turned a corner and I’m so glad to hear it. You have had a bunch of things hit you all at once and it’s certainly understandable that you’d need some time to figure out a way to cope with it all. I’m so proud of you!!! Sending you a big, giant virtual ((((((HUG))))))…

Remember, you can continue to post in your thread here even as a Basic Member. (Basic Members can post in existing threads as long as the posts are on topic - in this case that would be posts about your recovery). So you can continue to provide updates for us. Other members can freely post to you, but staff will be limited in their responses to just general supportive comments. So, once you’re able to, rejoining the Insiders Club will give you the best support and access to linked information that may help you at times. Your current Insiders Club membership doesn’t expire until September 21, so you have a while yet.
 
Please continue to give us updates when you can. I am praying for your health, physical and emotional. Remember, you are still an Insider until September 21, so you don't have to go away!
 
Good Morning ACIM,
It is really good to hear you're feeling lighter after the heaviness you dealt with. It takes strength to get through periods of depression. Wishing you even brighter days full of peace, rest and joy. I will look forward to further updates. Happy Wednesday!
@ACIM
 
You are angels, each and every one of you. Bone smart tells me my subscription ends today but no worries. I'll be resigning up again tomorrow. Resting today in peace and gratitude for you. Blessings.
 
You are angels, each and every one of you.
:angel: We try, ACIM....we try, lol :wink:

Glad you're resting and thankful for your support as an Insider.
May the next several days off work be peaceful for you.
@ACIM
 
You are angels, each and every one of you. Bone smart tells me my subscription ends today but no worries. I'll be resigning up again tomorrow. Resting today in peace and gratitude for you. Blessings.
@ACIM … are you getting emails that say your subscription ends today? When I look at your account, it shows the subscription is good until September 21st. Because of that, please don’t try to register for the Insiders Club again or you may end up with two subscriptions. Let me know if for some reason the subscription drops before September 21st.
 
Will do. Yes, I was getting emails stating that my subscription dropped as of August 21st. But here it is, August 22nd and I'm still able to post. I will keep you apprised to Jamie. Thanks so much.
 
But here it is, August 22nd and I'm still able to post.
Please understand that when your membership ends, you'll still be part of the BoneSmart community with the ability to post as a Basic member. The difference is that multiple perks will no longer be available to you and Insiders have an advantage of receiving priority support from staff. Thanks for your support. ACIM...it is appreciated! Enjoy your next few days off work. :)
 
I had manually adjusted your account so that you didn’t drop off the Insiders Club until August 22nd. I’m going to remove that for now but as Layla says, you’ll still be able to post in your recovery thread. I think things are fine with your account now, so you can rejoin the Insiders Club whenever you wish to.
 
Last edited:
Now my account says I'm good until September 22nd. We'll see. I'll check back in.
 
Hi everybody. Are you getting this post or do I need to resign up? Let me know, thanks so much.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom