TKR A New Day

Surely the metal must expand and contract with heat and cold? Maybe my chunky knees will look lovely in the winter. Must remember to wear a skirt, no tights and sandals next winter.
 
Ps sorry to see that you couldn’t get comfortable in your new bed. Better luck tonight.
 
Ghostpipe, thanks for the good wishes! Maybe tonight will be better - ever hopeful!
i had my 6 week follow up with the OS today. He says for the first year, new knees often react to weather changes, especially in the Spring. I think it has something to do with changes in barometric pressure and the fluids in our systems. Anyhow, he was happy with my progress and will see me in another 6 weeks.
 
My knees will hurt now when a bad storm is coming sometimes. When my new knee hurts, it's normally for only a couple of minutes and not bad. It is just enough for me to know something bad is on the way.
 
I look forward to when I can say the same, sistersinhim! The next few days are forecast to be sunny here, so we’ll see if that makes a difference.
 
When you raise the foot of your bed it only needs to be a few inches. If your back is bothered raise the head just a tiny bit to relieve back pressure. This really helps my legs drain ( may have to pee more) and it let's me turn on my side with a small pillow between my knees. Partway through the night I may adjust the bed a little. If you are laying down reading you can put your legs way up but for sleeping I do about 5 inches and it seems to be enough.
Hope your bed is comfy.
 
Jeaniesknees, what GREAT advice! I am going to try that tonight! I think I was raising head and feet TOO MUCH. I’d rather do as you suggest so I can turn to my side without fooling around with controls! This is the greatest forum that lets us share helpful ideas!
 
Thanks for asking! Sunday night I did better, stayed in till 3 am, but could be because I took a pain pill before sleep. Last night I just took Motrin and the leg ached most of the night so I only lasted till about 1 and headed for the recliner! We’ll see what tonight brings, but a 4-day period of rain is heading in again, and that has an effect, as you know! How are you doing these days?
 
It’s a shame that your new bed isn’t the magic solution to a good night, 3am was quite a good run! I’m having a dispirited day today, have a new and vicious pain in one of my new devil knees, which has persisted despite taking two days off doing most things. I am not too worried, just impatient.
 
Okay, all my fellow BoneSmarties, I need your good wishes and prayers for tomorrow’s Mako Left TKR! Surgery scheduled for 10:15 a.m. If this knee does as well as the right, I’ll be happy. Overnight stay and hopefully home on Thursday. I’ll keep you posted.
Ooooh good luck xx
 
Ghostpipe, I feel your pain - literally :hissy: . Yet another restless, uncomfortable night. Rain AGAIN here!
Thanks, Rollem, all went well!
 
SisterP, come and stay with me. No rain for a month now, and there will be none until November. So I won’t have that problem to contend with.
Sad for you that sleep is still eluding you, it makes such a huge difference. Wish I could offer a solution other than the sleeping pill route, but maybe a couple of weeks of those wouldn’t be such a bad idea in your hour need.
 
My, Cyprus must be a very dry country! I don’t know which is worse - too wet or too dry. There are areas of the States that are experiencing drought. It is sunny here today but showers forecast for the rest of the week!
I stayed in the recliner last night and actually slept pretty good. I might try the bed tonight. Fingers crossed.
How is that vicious pain you were experiencing ?
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on a good night, may you have many more!
Cyprus is very close to the Middle East, so our climate is arid. It’s cacti and yuccas in the garden, or endless hours watering. It’s a great place to plan a barbecue though!
 
Another good night, albeit in the recliner. Tonight I’m going to give the bed a go. Are you originally from Cyprus?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom