Guest viewing is limited

TKR A Lefty for kneeper

Great @kneeper, I knew you would get there. It doesn't matter so much when we get there the point is that we get there. I am glad your RA is not taking you down. I am having so much RA pain which in turn will trigger the knee pain that I sometimes don't know what to do or where to turn. I have OS and pain management doctor appts/ coming up.Hope you keep on the upswing. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr:
 
I'm all set with an appointment with the orthotist in a few weeks--my OS was totally on board with the idea of getting those redone now that I have a new alignment etc. I'm looking forward to buying new shoes too before I'm back to school. Well, more precisely I'm looking forward to *having* new shoes, not the shopping. It's always hard to find ones I like that I can walk & stand in all day.
I hate to think about being back to work--I'm kind of enjoying taking a couple of hours to get ready in the morning & just throwing on some shorts and a tshirt. :heehee:
 
I'm kind of enjoying taking a couple of hours to get ready in the morning & just throwing on some shorts and a tshirt.
I hear you! My go to is capri yoga pants and a tank top and comfy walking shoes that I bought just before the sugary. I absolutely love them. My hubby cannot believe how many colours of tank tops I have. Of course the bottoms are alway black or dark grey. More slimming that way :)
 
Well, no change in bend since Tuesday :headbang: but the PT noted that I still have quite a bit of swelling. After she iced and elevated it, it did go down a bit and (no surprise) I was able to bend a bit better than when I came in.

I have a helper this weekend so I think instead of going along on all the errands I will let her go on some of them while I ice and elevate.
Just because I *can* do some stuff maybe doesn't mean I *should.*:no-fin:
 
Hopefully I'll get a couple more degrees by my next appointment and the PT will stop mentioning the bending brace. :(
 
Hi @kneeper
PT's that threaten with braces, MUAs and the like drive me crazy.
Don't push yourself , do what you can and you know it will come.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 
@kneesrus :sos: I seem to have a lot of tightness in the muscles(?) in my front upper thigh area—way up near the pelvis(?) Maybe hip flexors?. I can really feel it pull when I work on my knee bend, almost like it’s resisting the bend too. And it’s often achy there too. Do you have any suggestions for how to loosen this up? My guess is having a newly straightened leg is probably putting some new stresses on the area. ?

My PT doesn’t seem to react much when I tell her about this. :sad:

Good news is I was able to move the bike seat forward slightly this morning. Maybe all the time icing and elevating yesterday helped. :praying:
 
Good news is I was able to move the bike seat forward slightly this morning. Maybe all the time icing and elevating yesterday helped.

That is great news! Hope you get the other pain sorted out. I wonder why your PT is not responding when you tell her about it.

I am blessed to have a fantastic PT at the hospital where I will be starting up again next week for my second knee. I am booking the same time as before so I can be sure that I get her again. It really does make a difference.
 
I feel like surely I am gaining ROM. Why? I was able to move the seat on the bike forward another fraction. AND--I was able to go Down a step with my good leg first--which of course requires the operated leg to bend. Last week when I tried it, it was kind of hop down b/c the leg didn't quite have the bend needed. Today I could do it--the operated leg bent. (Of course this is all slow and careful and clutching the railing, but still....)
Let's hope the PT doesn't rain on my parade. :blackcloud:

Oh and did I mention I am now driving? :driver:
 
Great going! All that matters is you are improving!!!
 
Today I was measured sitting on the edge of the PT table and was at just about 90. :( I got more last time leaning in on a step.
But I feel like I'm doing better walking, bending etc. Hard to figure why the bend isn't coming unless I'm doing too much of what the PT says and less of the BS way--working hard, not smart.

Major pain all over the left leg and knee today. I wouldn't be surprised if the high humidity weather pattern isn't helping. This muscle and maybe hip? pain is ...well, a pain. I did get one new stretch to do so we'll see if that helps. definitely taking full pain meds today and icing a lot.
 
I feel like Hades today. Everything hurts. :bawl:Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
 
Today I was measured sitting on the edge of the PT table and was at just about 90. :( I got more last time leaning in on a step.
But I feel like I'm doing better walking, bending etc. Hard to figure why the bend isn't coming unless I'm doing too much of what the PT says and less of the BS way--working hard, not smart.

Major pain all over the left leg and knee today. I wouldn't be surprised if the high humidity weather pattern isn't helping. This muscle and maybe hip? pain is ...well, a pain. I did get one new stretch to do so we'll see if that helps. definitely taking full pain meds today and icing a lot.

You are doing better! I know that because you can do more. Don't fall into that trap of obsessing about ROM - that's the PT's job, not yours! (Why are you having it measured all the time? It's not necessary.)

Besides, it's still early days. There's no rush to get ROM. How about giving PT a rest for a while?
How many times have you given that advice to other people? Ease off, my dear, and let it happen when it is ready.
(Feel free to give me the same advice when I have my second knee done, in September. :loll:)

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
You're right @Celle . My attitude is good until I go to PT. Why do I let them do that to me? I know better. :( My OS wasn't concerned. I hit 90 and he thought I was doing fine. Maybe I need to repeat to myself "you're doing fine, you're doing fine." :)
Today will be mostly :ice:
 
Yep, after all my hand wringing I had measurable gain at PT which confirmed my own impression of progress. PT was actually fairly low key. Go figure.
 
I'm finding I can do more day to day activities but still get easily fatigued. I was able to stretch my pain meds out to 6 hours fairly naturally yesterday which is progress.
At this point I'm just glad I have a few more weeks before I have to go back to work. No way I'd be ready this week--physically and in terms of brain power. :yawn:
 
Glad to hear you are doing well.
Just wondering if PT makes you feel bad, why are you still going?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom