Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of pics from today's little walk. [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus! [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
Oh, I can almost feel the sand between my toes... How invigorating octopus..

Have a good week at work.. Wish tomorrow was Friday not Monday!
 
Woo Hoo! Five months!

A wee update:
- can shave my legs
- can cut all my toes nails
- can put pants on normally, eg. Bring foot up to pants, not pants down to foot
- can walk for hours with no pain and no after effects
- can tie shoes
- small amount of pain and limping when I get up from sitting, or first thing in the morning.

It won't be long until I'm doing this :dancy: :happydance:
 
can put pants on normally, eg. Bring foot up to pants, not pants down to foot

Cant tell you how good it is to hear that octopus !! I thought it was just me! At 10 weeks, I'm half way between the two. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for posting that!!:thankyou:
 
Meggzie, no problem. Another couple of months will make such a difference for you. I see from your signature you have more surgery coming up soon, not long now. Good luck!

How did you insert 'my recovery thread' in your signature. I can work out how to put a link, but not how to give it a label.
 
octopus Well done on a wonderful 5 month report Your ROM is fantastic and I am so happy for you that you can walk for hours without any pain.Have you measured your walks in miles ? I love you pics as well.Where did you take them ?
 
octopus - In your signature, just type what you'd like the link to read, then highlight it, then click on the link icon and paste in the url for your thread. Click insert and voila!
 
octopus what fabulous photos! The layering int he rock is intriguing. Lucky you, having that to walk on whenever you like. Your 5-month is stupendous! I'm coming up on 3 months, and can't wait to walk for hours-- I'm so glad to hear it will come . I'm so excited for you (or it could be the chocolate I had an hour ago,,,,, ,,,,,,). And the putting on pants thing-- YAY!! How often do you forget you have a new hip? :)
 
octopus Well done on a wonderful 5 month report Your ROM is fantastic and I am so happy for you that you can walk for hours without any pain.Have you measured your walks in miles ? I love you pics as well.Where did you take them ?
I haven't measured my walks, I just walked for ages when I was away and also at the Food Show at the weekend. I am house sitting again and I have walked most days to work, about 2km, I'm not sure what that is in miles. The pics were taken just on my phone, at the beach about 5 mins drive away from where I'm staying at the moment. Unfortunately the beach is half hour drive from my own house.
octopus - In your signature, just type what you'd like the link to read, then highlight it, then click on the link icon and paste in the url for your thread. Click insert and voila!
Awesome, thanks!
octopus what fabulous photos! The layering int he rock is intriguing. Lucky you, having that to walk on whenever you like. Your 5-month is stupendous! I'm coming up on 3 months, and can't wait to walk for hours-- I'm so glad to hear it will come . I'm so excited for you (or it could be the chocolate I had an hour ago,,,,, ,,,,,,). And the putting on pants thing-- YAY!! How often do you forget you have a new hip? :)
I can probably tell you when I remember my new hip, when getting up from sitting, or out of bed, getting dressed, putting on shoes, seeing scar. But not when grocery shopping, cooking dinner or walking!! Except to marvel at the painlessness.
 
Vida Hi Vicki! Great to hear from you! :happydance: I hope things are going well for you.
Best Wishes!
 
We've been having a beautiful summer, so not much computer time for me. Just checking in. Looks like you are doing really well! I can tell you that at 8 months you will be feeling even better. I have forgotten hip moments all the time now. Haven't gotten up the nerve for any salsa dancing, but I am doing tons of other stuff. That stiffness after lack of motion has pretty much gone away, so I expect yours will as well. :dancy: Scary about the earthquakes! We are overdue for some big ones on my edge of the ring of fire. Glad you are ok and there doesn't seem to have been major damage.

Your beach pictures are great! Looks like a very nice place to walk :)
 
Hi nerdgrrl, great to hear from you, thanks for stopping by. I look forward to eight months!! I'm feeling almost good enough to try out Ceroc dancing again, can't wait. Here's hoping you don't get any big earthquakes.

I had my final physio appt today, he was really pleased. I have a normal walking speed now and my range of movement is quite good. I will never get what I have with my good leg, but should get a bit better. But hey, it's great to be pain free! :happydance:
 
octopus I was just going to ask when you were going Ceroc-ing again! Glad the physio is pleased, and all that progress you've made is good. I'll bet your ROM will continue to improve-- I'm way behind you and can feel what I'll be able to do in a few months' time!
You have another scan, is it today? I think i read that somewhere else?

nerdgrrl great report, and it helps me know that as slow as it may seem, things will indeed progress!!
 
zauberflöte, have good news from the scan. The vein is only blocked in a small portion now, was knee to ankle, but now only 1-2 cms near the ankle. :happydance:
 
zauberflöte, I'm with you, going on with life. I'm continuing meds but have cut the dose by half. I hope to hear from the dr to discuss with her. But feeling a whole lot better!
 
Yikes! NZ just had some more fairly large earthquakes. Stay safe down there!
 
Yes, I started a thread in the social room nerdgrrl.. octopus did you feel it? The report in OZ said it was felt in Auckland and there are lots of after shocks happening... Stay safe Kiwi.. btw, excellent news with your scan xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom