Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @zauberflote & Poppet. I am away for four days in Wellington, seeing the sights.i haven't been here for years. My doctor is really good. She is a half hour drive from my home, but worth making the commute.
 
octopus I hope you have a wonderful time in Wellington and that you have a good recovery very soon.
 
octopus Been catching up with your thread. Glad to read that you are improving, and that you are having a getaway weekend. Have a great time.
 
Thanks everyone. Having a good time, went to visit our parliament buildings this morning. Amazing old buildings, a huge amount of restoration has been done, and the building proofed for earthquakes. It's quite amazing how this has been done, so the building moves independently to its foundations during an earthquake. Wellington sits on a large fault line. It was my biggest hope that we wouldn't have a quake while we were here, but we did this morning, 5.7! Then another 4.5 this afternoon. I want to go home! Hip going really well with all the walking we are doing.
 
octopus. I don't blame you for wanting to get away from the earthquakes. So far I have been lucky when visiting my son in Los Angeles, but it is just a matter of time. Happy that otherwise (!!!!) you are having a good time and that your hips are doing well. Hope the earthquakes stop!
 
octopus love that you are posting while on vacation :) That was quite an earthquake you sat though, and the aftershock too! We had a 5.6 here a couple of years ago and people are still getting back to normal. Hope the rest of the aftershocks wait till you've gone home :)
 
I'm back home this evening and very relieved to be here. I have to report that my new hip did fantastic with all the walking we did. I'm very pleased. I even did a bit of a bush walk when we did a Lord of the Rings tour. I will post a photo when the pics have finished syncing to my ipad.

I'm so pleased to be home, we got woken this morning by a 5.7 earthquake, making our old hotel shake and creak. Then 20 mins after our plane took off a large 6.5 hit, closing the airport and damaging some buildings around the central city, where we had just been. I hope for the sake of everyone there, that this is as large as they are going to get.
 
octopus. Very happy you are home safe. Heck of an alarm clock you had. You barely made it out of the airport. Have not heard about it here. Hope everyone was okay. Congrats on your cooperative hip-the Lord of the Rings tour sounds like fun.
 
octopus yikes! I'm very glad you're home-- what an exciting send-off you got. Glad you made it out of the airport or you'd still be riding a bus home.... I agree, that LOTR tour sounds fabulous-- the scenery really made the movies. And more important, Go You!! for handling all that walking! I'll bet it's kind of anticlimactic to be back at work....
 
Still hoping for Wellington that they don't have another big one. I'm still getting mini frights when a building shudders, or I hear a bang. I suppose this will wear off in a few days.

I'm 20 weeks now!

Here's a pic from the tour doing our bush walk. [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
octopus. Neat photo! You all look like you're having a good time. Thanks for sharing.
I think it will take a while to get over the earthquakes.
 
octopus that's a great photo-- everybody is engaged and seems to be having a good time! Do I now have to go watch the "director's cut" of all the movies to find that tree you're posing under??:heehee:
I agree, it will take a while to get over the earthquake, something like that is pretty traumatizing, isn't it.

Happy Twenty Week You!!!!
 
Thanks LeeApril26 & zauberflöte. I read somewhere the other day that since Friday 19th, 392 magnitude-3 quakes or higher had occurred in Wellington compared with fewer than 300 over the past decade.

Not being a huge fan of LOTR, I wouldn't know which movie this tree was in. But the scene had something to do with looking for mushrooms.
 
octopus. Yeah, those poor people in Wellington. That is a HUGE increase. Hope it slows down, and glad you are out of there.
 
octopus wow, that is a whole lot of earthquakes! We've had multiple aftershocks here in Virginia USA after a summer 2011 magnitude 5.8 earthquake practically under my niece's house! There was an aftershock just a week or so ago. Kinda scary-- there's a nuclear plant very nearby....
I was right about that tree then! Thanks for posting that LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom