Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nerdgrrl Poppet, yes poor Wellington and surrounding areas. There has been some significant damage in some areas but very few injuries and no deaths. I hope the shakes don't get any bigger. No I didn't feel them up here, I didn't know anyone had but I heard they did feel it in Hamilton, a 2 hour drive south from me. I'm off to Hamilton today myself with a friend to the botanical gardens there. Might have some pics to post later.

Marvelling again this morning at pain free walking.
 
Thanks for letting me know octopus... I do worry about the number of earthquakes you Kiwis have to endure.

Have a wonderful day, enjoy the botanical gardens and the drive and I look forward to some pickies :)
 
Just did my first Ceroc dance class in three years, think I've discovered some muscles I didn't know I had. I had a little bit of pain in class but not bad at all. It will be interesting to see how the hip is in the next few days. It was so much fun!
 
octopus yahooooo! I've been waiting for this post! I hope the hip settles down quickly, or better yet doesn't mind at all!
[Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
Great news! I found it best to ice after new activity, even if I wasn't feeling hip issues right then. So glad you had a great time!
 
Woo hoo Poppet & all other donwunderites, it's Spring!!!

Oh my goodness, I feel so old, did hours of gardening today, and feel exhausted. Who was I kidding, thinking I could restore order to a garden neglected for 6 months, in one day? Tidied up & weeded the strawberry patch (some of whom are flowering and fruiting already!), and planted a few more, put down straw mulch and put up bird netting, & cut back a couple of tiny bushes. Had to make part of the garden presentable, having a house warming hip birthday party next weekend!
 
Congratulations on the dancing and the six-month hip!
 
Thanks zauberflöte & LeeApril26, I can't believe it's six months on Thursday! The gardening really took it out of me, so still a bit of the energy drain left, but feel good now, apart from a sore back.
 
Woo hoo! Six months today, can't believe it's been that long! This time six months ago I was about to leave for the hospital, feeling sick with nerves. So glad I did it though.

New this month!
- starting Ceroc dancing again (with no lingering after effects)
- did gardening (hurt my back, would recommend starting out with an hour at a time, not four or five like I did, my body is more out of condition than I thought.)
- limping after sitting seems a bit less

All in all, very happy with my progress.
 
Yay, great news! I understand about the overdoing it. I think we have all done that a few times. I hope you have a great party!
 
[Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
Nice update! Happy things are going so well. You did overdo the gardening a bit---but I bet you were really enjoying yourself---so maybe a sore back is a reasonable trade off.

Take care, keep dancing and posting. We care.
 
octopus Congratulations on the 6 month anniversary and its great news that you are pleased with your progress.Shame about the backache following the 4-5 hours of gardening but wow just being able to do it must have been fantastic so well done.Great news that you are going dancing again but forgive my ignorance what is Ceroc dancing ?
 
Hi Kim22, I hope things are improving for you. Ceroc is a partner dance led by the guy, with hundreds of moves he can put together in any order he chooses. Have a look at this link:

I won't be going back for a bit, my back is still quite sore, have to wait until it gets better. Oh well, it gives me time to do other things. Unfortunately it's sitting that is most painful, and in my job I sit most of the day. I just make sure I walk around a bit.
 
octopus, congrats on your six months, sorry about your back being sore. Have you checked out my article in the social room for the Elmore Oil... It is brilliant...

Wahoo.. What a beautiful site. I love the field of clumping daffodils under the trees... I can't wait to have a proper garden and have bulbs popping up everywhere. My bowl of freesias are very slow, but they loved the rain.

Yesterday we had 54mm of rain in one day... Broke the record from way back in the 1976's..

Love from across the ditch xxxxx
 
Seven months and doing really really well. I went for a long weekend away to a geothermal area. It's so amazing, seeing all that boiling water and mud coming out of the ground. I never tire of seeing it. Did lots of walking and no hip problems at all.
[Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus! [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus! [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus! [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
Fantastic octopus, life is returning to normal for you. How is your back these days?
 
Poppet, thanks, my back is much better. Last night I went to my first Ceroc dance party in three or so years. Danced for about four hours. I don't feel too bad, although I haven't tried to walk yet this morning. :) I did discover one move that was painful where I had to support my weight fully and lean back, but most others were fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom