Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
octopus Congratulations on your four hour dance session.That is very impressive and you must have felt soooo good to be dancing again after three whole years.Well done ! Good news that your back is much better too.
 
Hi my good Kiwi friend octopus I have been thinking about you and had to go hunting for your thread... How are you honey, long time no hear? Curious minds are interested :)

Thanks for posting on my thread and your kind words.

How fantastic that you have made your first moisturizer with the coconut oil... What else did you include? Do share :)

I also use raw fresh lemon juice as my astringent (careful around my eyes). Once it dries, the skin feels tight (like a natural uplift, haha! A girl has to be happy with that). Provides my skin with fabulous antioxidants which even act as a skin softener. Everyone at work keeps telling me my skin has never looked so good... Then I apply the fabulous coconut oil...

Good for you?

How is the ceroc dancing going?
 
Hi Poppet! My hip is doing well. I have been a bit sore in the last couple of weeks as opposed to what I was in the previous weeks. (The muscle in the bum, or one of them anyway, the one that always troubles me). But I put this down to just another phase in recovery, not any one thing in particular. Nothing that requires painkillers though.

I haven't been around much, life has just been busy. It's fantastic to be able to go out and do all these things again, and to be able to look after the house and property as I should. Still easing my way into the gardening though.

Work is in it's pre Christmas manic phase. Can't wait for a wee break at Christmas. The worst thing is I am having trouble with a couple of women at work, it's been going on for some time but has finally come to a head and I have approached management about it. But it seems although something can be said to them, it may not make any difference and could make things worse. The stress has been incredible and I've had trouble sleeping and eating, I lost 2 kg in four days last week (although I'm not quite sure where from). So I think I'm going down the conservative route, let sleeping dogs lie, and try to do the opposite of what they expect, eg, increase my efforts to be nice to them, rather than show a hurt reaction. It's a bit frustrating, that people like this can continue to get away with things and learn that it's ok behaviour, when it's not. One good thing is the CEO has agreed that something needs to be done about our workplace culture, (which has gone downhill badly in recent years), and is going to put in place a few things to help. So I will have to keep this in mind, that something good has come of it, and I have been instrumental in that change happening.

In my moisturiser I just used emulsifying wax and glycerine. I added a bit of lavender essential oil as that was all I had. But I've just bought a couple of others, including a grapefruit one, which smells divine, can't wait to use that one. I like the idea of the lemon juice, I must try that. What do you use, just the coconut oil?

Ceroc is going well, although I haven't been for a few weeks, with one thing and another. I feel like I am nearly ready to go back to intermediate level, but my hip is not. In intermediate there are quite a few moves like dips and drops which require the lady to support most of her weight on one leg while leaning back in the guys arms (sigh) :) When dancing at that last party I noticed i was not able to do this as it was too painful. It's that pesky butt muscle again.

Thanks Poppet for thinking of me, it's lovely catching up again. I will try and hang about a bit more, I do miss everyone.
 
Hi octopus sorry I didn't get your tag because if the special character immediately after my user name.. I am in the mad dash to work so will be online later tonight... But so sorry about your work situation, I just knew something was up!

Chat tonight... and I always think about you :)
 
Ten month update!

I can't believe I'm ten months post op. It hardly seems almost a year since surgery. This time last year I couldn't wait for surgery and was hoping everyday for a cancellation. But this didn't happen and I ended up being delayed two weeks because the implant had not arrived. It turned out to be perfect timing in the end.

- very little pain at all now, just the gluteus muscle still protesting, but not too bad. Much better this week after having a month of increased pain. I have been on holiday for two weeks, so it will be interesting to see how things go when I return to sitting all day.

- ROM quite good, still find a tightness in the gluteus muscle when doing anything that requires reaching my feet.

- no pain or limping when rising in the morning anymore

- when I stand with weight equally distributed between both legs, I feel like operated leg is slightly longer, but I don't feel this when walking. The only way I can explain it is the operated hip area feels hard, like I can feel the strength of the implant from my thigh into my hip area. Perhaps this is what it should have felt like for years, as due to pain issues, I've not stood straight with weight even, for a very long time. It will probably take some getting used to. Something to talk to the surgeon about when I see him in a couple of months.

- the only activity I I'm experiencing some difficulty with is with my Ceroc dancing. Since my return to dancing I am almost ready to progress to intermediate level again, but I will need to wait for more healing, as there are some more advanced moves that I can't do properly, due to it being too painful. This is not really a problem in everyday life as those angles aren't required, but just a little frustrating in that I can't progress any further at this stage.

- the final healing stage to normal seems to take a very very long time. Sometimes I feel a bit frustrated, but remind myself where I've come from and then I have no complaints.

- pretty much normal! Still marvel at walking pain free.
 
Great report octopus....I am 10 months Jan and at a similar stage of recovery
 
@clifford149 I remember, you were not long after me. Good to hear everything is going well for you too.
 
Glad you are doing well. I'm close to nine months. Hope you can progress in dancing soon, as I'm sure it's frustrating to wait.
 
Congratulations to you and your one year hip.
 
@octopus Congrats on your anniversary. Can't wait til I can do some of the stuff you are doing as well!! Dancing sounds divine!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@octopus , well done on reaching this major milestone! So glad you are starting to see the benefits of this amazing surgery. Long may it continue!
 
Congratulations! I bet it seems a lifetime since those early post surgery days. So glad you have your life back old kiwi friend xxx
 
Congratulations! Glad you are doing well. Amazing how quickly time passes once you can get out and move.
 
@Poppet how are you? I went to comment on your thread but I see it's closed and I couldn't find another one. How's things? I hope that dodgy hip of yours is not giving you too much trouble.
 
Congratulations on your anniversary! I had a similar experience to yours that I didn't notice any real difference between 10 months and a year. However, I am still noticing improvement. It is just slower. One a side note, I had to have hand surgery in 2010 and since then I have had temperature sensitivity in that finger. I just noticed last month that the temperature sensitivity has disappeared! So I guess the healing (especially for nerve issues) can continue for quite some time.

So glad to hear you are doing well! We are planning a trip to Spain in the spring. I have no worries about my hip, just hoping my dodgy knee cooperates!
 
I think this must be day 3 post op

I feel sick, can't eat my breakfast
Tired
Have a very sore back from too long in bed
Catheter out
Used crutches to walk to toilet & back four times
Sitting in chair
Very tearful & miserable
Don't want to do this anymore but haha, have no choice now!
Hi Octopus - I had my TLHR 18 months ago and a right KNee 10 weeks ago by far the easiest of the two was the hip replacement. You will be running jumping and having a good old time very soon. Just stay with it my friend and this too will pass. Just follow your restrictions and it will pass very very quickly. It has been such a short time. I had all the low BP stuff etc and took me awhile to get over that but my hip is great and was in such bad pain before hand. The lack of pain in several weeks will truly make up for what you are going through right now. Be well and hang in there. bill
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom