TKR 9½ weeks means something totally different to me these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mary @wolf woman

Have no answers for you as to what could be causing this new feeling at the back of your knee.
And it seems to have rattled your confidence in recovery. You're resting and icing and elevating and that's the right thing to do at this stage.

If it continues to give you trouble, it might be wise to contact your GP do OS office to see what they have to say.

Thinking of you and really sorry that this has happened at this stage.

Take care,
Cathie x
 
Cathie @marmora

Thanks much for your kind words! This is just so difficult when you have no clue what's normal, what's okay, what to worry about. Shoot, I don't even have a clue what equipment I need to haul around when I go somewhere.

This morning the pain is better and I am walking around the house without walker or cane. I also don't want to be one of those people that run to the doc every time their nose runs. Tough call, it really is.

On a lighter note, I am eager to hear of your girls time! In years past when my husband would travel, I would host what we called a "Wine Tune". Back in the days of Saturday morning cartoons, everyone would arrive around 5AM in their pajamas with their blankets, pillows, wine (or whiskey, after all this is Kentucky), favorite junk food, etc. We would lounge around the house sipping wine, eating junk, watching cartoons, napping, laughing, it was a blast!
Hope you guys had as much or more fun! Oh, and by the of the weekend, the movies got a bit wild too!

Mary
 
@wolf woman I know that steroid does cause water weight, I wonder if it caused some fluid to make it's way to your knee. I hate steroids, but they do work for lung problems. It is very important with them to taper off them or they will cause some serious problems. Hope you and your knee are feeling better.
Your 'wine tune' sounds fun!
 
:bawl::bawl:
@tiredwife Thanks for your post! I am the steroid queen. While I hate the darn things, they are necessary for me about twice a year. The dose they give me do not cause water or weight gain. I take the same large dose for five days and stop. My point was that one day of steroids surely would not cause this pain. It's still ugly. Stayed home all day today and stopped twice to ice and elevate.

Tomorrow I need to be at an installation ceremony. I will be there, but afraid I will be sporting a walker. Damn. :bawl:
 
Hello Mary @wolf woman

Hope that your knee is getting better and that the steroids are starting to kick.
It's very hard when you don't know why when something changes, and frustrating.

Hope that your were able to go to The Installation Ceremony.

Really love your "Wine Tune" Saturday and maybe will try to have one here sometime and of course you're on the invite list !

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie
 
@wolf woman Between hubby's knee 1 and knee 2 I ended up with bronchitis, my asthma flared and I ended up on steroids again (plus my preventative inhaler has steroids) Doc had me on them for about 4 weeks. Definitely had the water weight from them and the wonderful 'moon face'. I really hate steroids, but they do the job.
Wish you luck at the Ceremony and hope it doesn't aggravate your knee any further.
 
Mary, I am so sorry for your loss. There are never just the right words to say at a time like this but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for you to find peace and acceptance. Your mom would want that for you. She is in a much better place than we are where there is no more pain or suffering. Please take care of yourself.
 
Oh Mary (@wolfwoman)

I'm so sorry to read of your sad news about your mom. You are so in my thoughts. Anytime if you want a chat and don't want to do it publicly, I'm more than happy to chat via private message (pm).

Her memory and love will always be with you in your heart, soul and every fibre of your being.

I'm here for you Mary, as are the others xxx I will let them know on my thread xxxx

Take care
Love Ann xxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] 9½ weeks means something totally different to me these days


Thinking of you XXX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom