TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Thank you for the update. Make it through the next 2-3 days however you can. Advocate for pain relief as much as you need to. It will start getting better after this hard patch has passed. Meanwhile, we are here. xxxooo
 
So I've asked them to try and figure something out with my meds bc this is not working.. Im hurting so bad I'm shaking.. I can't do this and I can't take morphine home.. Let's pray or say a good word that they will do something that will help bc I can't do pt like this

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Oh, I really feel for you. There is a solution to the pain med mix. I pray they find it ASAP.
 
Thank you just pray they figure something out

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I am. Its that pain management stuff im scared about most next to the iv. Hang in there the will get it right
 
Pansy, are they being responsive to what you say? Do you have someone there to advocate for you? Is there a pain management team or specialist at your hospital? Don't worry about PT right now--just focus on getting pain under control. Are they trying different combos of meds? They can give you booster shots of dilaudid and/or torydal . . . please keep telling them what they are doing so far is not working and you need a better solution. When I was in bad shape day after surgery, I called 3 close friends to the hospital to advocate for me, and it helped. Please keep us posted. We care.
 
They just figured out my pain ball was off.. That makes a huge difference

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansey,,,So thinking of you!! You have been so very brave to have your two knees done so close together. I know you are in pain and suffering now, but hopefully shortly. you will begin to recover and be so happy you are now done with the misery. Just try to keep getting a lot of rest!! :) :) :)
 
@Pansey....hopefully you are feeling better now, but if not, I a wondering if they might be able to get you a pain patch of some kind. Thinking of you Pansey! :)
 
The pain just keeps going up and up... I feel like im going crazy

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansey....ask them for some sort of pain patch. Ask to talk to the nurse in Charge.
 
I have they said the dr won't change my meds but this percocet oxy rotation is not working

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@(Pansey.....sometimes they will do that and wait a little bit to see if it starts to work. If not, tell them you want to talk to the doctor and ask them to call him to come and see you. (The on call doctor)Remind him that you have had in fact two surgeries, not just one.
 
@Pansy727 -- If they won't listen to you, please ask to see the doc on call right away, and/or ask to see the pain management specialists, and/or the hospital administrators. You need more pain relief and they need to be responsive. Is there anyone you can call to come to the hospital to speak on your behalf? That is what worked for me. I needed someone else there to really pressure them. @Josephine, what else might work here? Thanks.
 
Don't worry about what you can go home with. Just get the pain under control now, if that means morphine or toradol, go for it. Morphine or Toradol can get pushed through your IV and give more immediate relief. You just need to take the edge off so close to surgery and won't need it when you go home. @jbrooklyn is right, get a friend or family member there to insist and/or bang on something. My best friend came to the hospital after I texted "PAIN" to her and insisted they give me something else.
 
I felt the same way the second night in the hospital! Like I was going crazy, but they'll get it right. Oxy didn't seem to work although they didn't give it that long. One of the nurses, thank God for her! she was determined to try anything and the dilaudid was much better. Hang in there! It will get better!!!!
 
My dear @Pansy727,
My heart and prayers go out to you. I hope you have finally gotten relief from the pain. I wish I could do something for you. ❤️
 
Back
Top Bottom