TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Wow doing great. Get some rest. Don't let them pt bully or hurt you!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Pansy727 glad the first went well, mine today will think of you tomorrow if I can stay awake! I can remember that from last time.
Jackie
 
I'm now can't sleep from meds.. I'm trying to doze when I can...

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Yay, Pansy! One down and one to go. So happy the first one went well. Of course you need lots of rest. I know you were concerned before your surgery (we all are to some degree, right? who would not be?!) and so happy for you that it went well. We are here cheering you on as you try out your new knee and rest up. Hats off to you! You're in my thoughts especially, this whole week.
 
I. A little nervous about the second one.. But right now I'm exhausted..

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
That's understandable. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow--with best wishes for RTKR to go smoothly, and then recovery can begin. Take it slow, and let us know how you are when you are able. Thinking of you meanwhile.
 
I'm sooooo thinking of you.....I had right knee revision 6-22 and left will be done next Monday. I guess if you can do it....I can do it! Good luck my friend!
 
Well my second one was done.. today.. It's not very cooperative... Hurts like crazy... Had to be on morphine for a bit... It's like I can't even lift it out move it.... Right one is sore but manageable... Left one.. Ugh!!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I hope you get relief from the pain, so you can sleep. You're amazing. I'm holding you in my thoughts.
 
@Pansy727 So glad for you, it's good when it's over I got very anxious towards the end.

I too have needed some liquid morphine, and a slow release morphine tablet morning with stronger one at night. I asked for anything but codeine, because last time I was terribly constipated and needed enemas then had bad withdrawal symptoms which lasted ten days.
I had a lot of pain first night, none all day, but last night slept well though had to go to loo twice now catheter is out. Some pain now I have just woken up and had early morning tea, a big thing here in UK. I don't feel human without it!
I expect it's night where you are, so have a much less painful day when you wake up.
Jackie
 
@Pansy727 -- So glad you made it through #2, and sorry you are suffering. The first few days are the absolute roughest--but you can do this. My thoughts are with you as you weather this.

Sorry to hear you're feeling pain--if morphine is helping, bring it on. You have have 2 major surgeries in one week, my friend . . . these meds are used for just such circumstances. A nurse in the recovery area of my hospital told me that TKR is one of the most painful surgeries there is, so don't feel bad about pain relief. It can mess up your digestion and sleep, yes--it's hard to find a balance. But the pain is real, and these meds are meant for just this. Please remember the first few days are really tough, and it will get much better as the hours and days go by. You can do this, you really can. Hour by hour. We are here for you. xxxoooxxooo
 
Keep ahead of the pain always, but especially at this juncture. I needed IV Toradol to get through the first few days.
 
Hiya. Glad you made it through... Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thinking of you today. Hang in there. A year from now you will not remember the pain - you will just appreciate how much broader you allowed your life to become. I am watching you closely, as I am considering doing knee #2 soon. You are a brave woman.
 
#2 is a hellcat not wanting to be nice.... But morphine is on deck now and I'm a tad better.. Time for a nap.. And pray each time up is better

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom