Guest viewing is limited

TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Hiya Pansy you have gone a tad quiet I hope things are OK please remember tho if needed there are many people here for you lass. Healing thoughts

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm OK @Legin.. Just going day to day... Having mua next week... Praying is the answer to this left knee issue

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Aye its all you can do. Good luck with the mua thingamabob. How are things right now is there any reprieve thru pain meds

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yes I just have to be more diligent and take them... I have been and I am getting some relief

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Yayyyyyyy wee jig for ya lass. That's the first part in you claiming a recovery path. Tha will be boogieing before you know it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing you well during the week leading up to your MUA. I've heard people get relief and better ROM after MUAs. Here's hoping that you get relief, too.
 
Good luck with your MUA @Pansy727. Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.
 
I have manipulation scheduled for next Thursday he said it's so tight nothing else will loosen it..
It's so tight because it's swollen. It simply can't bend until the swelling goes down.

I hope the MUA helps, but you'll have to rest that knee a lot afterwards. Your surgeon will be able to force your knee to bend because you will be unconscious, but that forcing will cause some damage to your soft tissues, so be kind to your knee afterwards and do lots of resting, icing and elevation. Don't do lots of exercise.
 
:iagree: To get the most out of the MUA rest, rest, rest and elevate. Let everyone else worry about the chores. You stay in the recliner, babying those knees.
 
I just pray it helps.. Bc today has been horrible.. I did a lot of walking yesterday and I am dying.. It's the weirdest pain.. It's on the side of my left knee.. Lateral side.. And it's like a grabbing stabbing pain.. Like a little monster is in there grabbing something and pulling it hurts so bad I cannot think.. I've taken pain meds and it helped some but in still just miserable

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Also yall say rest rest rest.. My os told me to go to therapy on Friday the day after... Now I'm concerned .. And he said I could go back to work a week and half later

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I'm sorry, Pansy, but I believe your surgeon is not giving you the best advice. Your knee is angry and swollen. That is proven by how bad you feel after "doing a lot of walking." Please don't do this to yourself. The more you force and push on a swollen knee, the more likely you are to increase your pain and swelling.

Remember that you know how you feel better than anyone. If you are in a lot of pain after the MUA, the world won't end if you wait a while to go to therapy. While you must do gentle bends and stretches throughout the day following the MUA to keep the joint mobile, you shouldn't be doing a lot of exercise until things calm down. Resting and icing are much more appropriate.

If this advice is counter to what your surgeon is telling you, I can only say it is given here based on the experience of the hundreds of people we see on the forum each year. This is what works for the vast majority of patients and, yes, sometimes it is quite the opposite of what they are being told by their medical team. But it is an approach to recovery that is supported by a great many surgeons. Mine was adamant about it. So are the doctors we have associated with BoneSmart. You will have to make your own decision about what to do. But if you find yourself in a lot of pain, I suggest you try our approach for a week or two and see how it works.

If you do opt to go with the more gentle bending and stretching, it is critical that you not allow yourself to over do the other activity in your life. That means no house chores, no errands, no social outings....primarily resting, icing and elevating for at least 2-3 weeks. And definitely no going back to work until things improve.
 
I definitely will go by how I feel.. Im supposed to have pt tomorrow but I've hurt so bad today I'm canceling... I need some rest so the knee can rest.. It's angry.. Very angry... And im listening

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Good for you, hon. This is the right thing to do....honest!!
 
I'm going to have to bc the pain is horrid today and yesterday... Today it hurts to get up and down and just throbbing... Deep aching pain... I'm so tired of this

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Are you icing lots and taking those pain meds on a schedule? Take the maximum dosage until things get under control. You know....if you are still hurting, you do have the right to tell your doctor you want to wait a bit for the MUA. Nothing will matter if you hold off for a week or so. Just do be sure you are moving around some every hour or so. Do ankle pumps and gentle bends and stretches every couple of hours. But the most important thing to do is rest, ice, elevate and take those meds every 4 hours.
 
Sorry you're going through such a rough patch, Pansy. Hope that you get some relief as you follow Jamie's advice.
 
Today I went to the grocery store.. Leisurely got a few things.. I'm hurting so bad it feels like a knife in my knees. Right hurts some but left is excruciating...i hate this.. It throbs so bad and just stabbing pain in the side of the knee.. Like grabbing stabbing... It's very swollen.... I so wanted this to be my way out of pain.. But I have to say this tkr has been so hard on me... I'm sick of hurting

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom