Guest viewing is limited

TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Had manipulation in Thursday he said it definitely needed it.. Lots of scar tissue cracked... Had pt today.. Advised to really rest the knee alot this weekend and take it easy.. Lots of ice rest and elevation... So i plan on listening. I do have a wedding shower on Sat for my future daughter in law and son.. But I can sit during that.. Then I'm planning on vegging out the rest of the weekend..im hurting but not horribly. . He did move the right one too.. Feels like I've had huge pt session but then again I had that today. So medication tonight and praying for a good night's sleep

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Hope you are sleeping. Sorting out scar tissue can be sore but it is worth it. After my achilies opp it was like a baseball and took muncho crunching. Have a grand time at shower and hopefully you will be spoiled a bit..

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Lili, good to see that the MUA is behind and time to focus on the future. Congrats for the coming family wedding and getting back on track to your sustained and complete recovery!
All the very best
 
I hope you're getting lots of ice and elevation today.
 
Ok so ice and elevation all weekend.. Most of today and spend most of the night in the recliner elevated and iced bc the pain has been excruciating.. I mean make me crazy can't breath hurt.. It's on the back and the side of my knee . It hurts so bad I've called the dr and left a message if it's like this tonight I don't think I can stand it.. Taking pain meds regularly .. It's so stuff. Any advice??

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Ok coming off oxycontin.. Anyone have withdrawal.. Omg I feel like if I could just unzip my skin if be better off.. Hot flashes sick to my stomach jittery anxious tired then insomnia...

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
How are you doing @Pansy727 ? I hope you were tapering off the oxy...
 
I did taper off. I'm out of work for two more weeks and working hard at pt.. Still hurting everyday but I'm dealing

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Pansy,
Glad the MUA is behind and you are letting those injured tissues heal.
Slow and easy, you will get there.
 
I'm out of work for two more weeks and working hard at pt.. Still hurting everyday but I'm dealing
You don't have to work hard at PT. That could be the cause of much of your pain.
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”

Do you remember this, from the mantra?
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
 
I know what you mean about the opioid withdrawal. I accidentally got into withdrawal for about a day and it was amazingly awful, beyond description. (no "cravings" though.) I started up the pills again when I figured out what was happening. I worked out a slow tapering off schedule (over several weeks). This time I had no withdrawal symptoms at all. Getting off the drugs is something my Phys. Asst. had talked about, but I figured I knew more than she did ... boy was I wrong.
 
I had no issues, but didn't schedule a particular time to wean off. As my pain lessened I just took less, actually I would forget to take a dose.
 
How are you doing after your MUA? Have you been able to realize an improvement in ROM? I had my MUA today. I am not in too much pain. I have been taking meds, icing and resting. It's too soon for me to be able to tell what the motion is going to be like, but the doctor says it is going to be good. (He says I'll be "amazed!")
 
Mine was rough for about a week then all of a sudden it's like I went over the bump in the road.. My hamstrings were so so tight.. But I'm at 110 on the manipulated knee and 120 on the other.. And the soreness is so much better

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Wow! That's great news! Good to hear the pain has lessened and ROM is coming along on both knees.
 
Mine was rough for about a week then all of a sudden it's like I went over the bump in the road.. My hamstrings were so so tight.. But I'm at 110 on the manipulated knee and 120 on the other.. And the soreness is so much better

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Awesome!
 
I have really had no issues at all. With my replacements. It has been great recovery after the first 9-12 mos. I have exercised consistently and also lost a large amount of weight. Over the last 6 mos I have found pain in the outer area of the left knee going up steps or down on that leg.. Not horrible but definitely not comfortable. About a week ago I began having a lot of pain in that knee. It is on the outside of the knee runs across the bottom and the top of the knee above and below kneecap. I also have pain in the inner side near the top. The back of the knee and the entire knee is stiff. I also am having swelling that I didn't have before. I have worn a brace some because it feels more stable in the brace. I cannot use that leg to push up to Stand or go up steps. It sometimes is sharp pains but most of the time it just aches horribly. Like deep throbbing. I have a difficult time sleeping as well. I made an appt with my surgeon and I go on the 8th.i am able to walk but I notice myself putting more weight on my other leg. It does hurt when I stand and Walk any distance. My hip has started to hurt in that side some but I think it's bc the knee just aches so bad. Anyone else experienced this ? Any ideas? I've not fallen. I usually walk or do light lifting. Or the recumbent bike. Nothing over strenuous. I am just miserable and don't know what it could be.. I did have left knee manipulation at 8 weeks post op.. But had good check ups ever since. This is just now happening. Thanks!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom