Guest viewing is limited

THR 7 months post op and soreness in the hip area

Thank you Mojo. Great feeling of relief. God is good all the time. You have a great week..
 
Okay folks need your opnion or opnion your ortho may have given you on the treadmill and whether it is okay once cleared to start working out. My 3 month checkup yesterday as i posted went great and he suggested three machine excercises and the standup stationery bike. Tried the standup stationery bike today and didnot like it. Love the treadmill as i used it before i couldnt go anymore. Of the two i want to use the treadmill and see no difference in walking daily and using the treadmill for cardio. Thoughts appreciated as i am ready to get after it. My surgery was posterior
 
Yes running is definitely not only coming from.my ortho but many other patients ortho it seems..no desired to run on the treadmill.. I want this hip to be my last..lol.
 
I don't see why you couldn't use the treadmil at this point.
So if I'm understanding...you didn't specifically ask your OS if you could use the treadmil at this point?
If not, and you want his okay, I'd call and ask someone on his care team. I can't imagine it's not okay
as long as your not pulling a George Jetson on it :heehee: haha, remember that?
You're my age, you have to remember George, lol.
Have a great rest of the week!
@Korver
 
You are hilarious Ms Layla. No mam all i want to do is walk on it..not run at all...just walk and do the 3 excercises he gave me to do 3 times a week.. Leg extensions, calf raises and abductor machine ..all to strengthen thigh muscles, hamstrings and muscles around the hip. Enjoy your week too..
 
Ran across your thread while looking for another....
How's our bud, Korver doing at 4 months post op?
Are you scaling high mountains and swimming deep seas? :heehee:
Hope your week is good!
@Korver
 
Last edited:
You are funny Ms Layla. Everything is going very well I think. Nope not scaling high mountains or swimming deep seas and that is intentional..lol. Just the good ole common sense approach still. Just grateful to be pain free and living everyday life. Hope you are doing well and that you have a great week too.
 
I'm grateful too, and glad Layla checked in so it brought you back up...4 months...onward:egypdance:
 
Thank you Mojo..just been busy and laying low on the sight...but things are great and I hope they r with you too..have a great week
 
Hey Korver,
I see our old bud in the lineup today. How about an update? How is you're recovery going
at almost 6 months out? I hope all is well and you're enjoying the Summer.
Wishing you and yours a Happy 4th tomorrow!
@Korver
 
Everything going well with the hip but have experienced some major anxiety recently after swimming for the first time postop. Hopefully this is normal.. Hope you have been doing well and have a great 4th and weekend..
 
Funny how things can cause us anxiety when thinking how it may affect our hips or if we can still do it now.
Glad to know you are doing well.
Hope you a super 4th of July.:ok:
 
Hi,
I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Sorry you recently experienced some anxiety.
As you know, I'm not a medical professional. I'd advise you initiate a conversation with your primary care physician if you're troubled by the episode and can't attribute it to anything in particular.
Also re-evaluate any meds you may be on that could have generalized anxiety as a possible side effect.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope your evening is peaceful.
@Korver
 
7 months post op and just in the last week purchased a new pair of athletic shoes and since then my hip has seemed a little sore and tender.. Hoping that the new shoes are the culprit. Going to try on some more tommorow. Hoping i can get some input on this. Except for this ..the first 7 months have been very good..
 
Hi there :wave: our old buddy, @Korver It's nice to hear from you.
I'm wondering if it's your body adjusting to your new shoes that's causing you the discomfort.
Normally it's advised that you buy new shoes right after your THR because your old ones
we're molded by your pre-surgery gait and that changes post op.
Have you been wearing your pre-op athletic shoes up until this point? @Jaycey often advises on shoes.
I'd like her to weigh in on this tomorrow, so please check back.
I hope you have a great week!
 
Hey Ms Layla.. Hope all is well with you.. Yes wore my pre op shoes the last few months. Guess i missed the memo on getting new shoes..lol.. Just hope it is part of the process as it has been very smooth otherwise...
 
@Korver
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Glad to hear you're doing well aside from adjusting to the shoes.
Sounds like you'll just have to break them in, hope it doesn't take too long.
A peaceful week to you. Thanks for stopping by!
@Korver
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom