Guest viewing is limited

THR 7 months post op and soreness in the hip area

Thank you Layla.. I was thinking the same thing. ... ..Just not ready for that yet.. You have a relaxing weekend as well..
 
@Korver
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Oops..sorry..didnt understand the process i guess
 
Hi @Korver.
I think what you are experiencing is fairly normal, I know at 6 weeks I need quiet, I am enjoying the Olympics but they make so much noise, I just go and get a bit of quiet looking at the birds!xx
 
I recall that anxiety further into recovery. I didn’t feel protected out in the world. Afraid someone would bump into me or whatever. Was just part of a major life change. If being home amongst the quiet feels right, roll with it. That’s what I do.
 
I think what you're feeling is pretty much as expected. You have had major surgery, are wounded, and trying to protect that wounded area.
I fell foul of the muntiple thread thing too! You really aren't alone on Bonesmart.
 
Okay..Woke up this morning with real lower back pain. 7 weeks post op, walking very well with no aids and have been for nearly four weeks. Driving and doing short errands. No pain in the hip just achy and stiff occasionally. Maybe my sleeping with the pillow between my legs and continually repositioning. Thoughts?
 
Hi @Korver
Unless this is ongoing, I'd try a different sleeping position and see if it helps.
Try icing or heat?

It sounds like your recovery is going very well.
Hope the back pain eases soon.
A great rest of the week to you!
 
Thank you Layla..Yes that is what i thought too ..Will definitely try a new position..You have a great week rest of the week too..
 
Hi @Korver
Wondering how the rest of the week went for you...
Curious as to whether you tried a different sleeping position
or added some support with pillows? Hoping your lower back pain is gone.
Give us an update when you're able. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
A great weekend and continued healing to you!
 
Thanks for asking Ms Layla...I did add a pillow and change my postion a lilttle bit..Biggest thing I did was rest it for bout two days and stayed in and relax..It is better but still a lil achy and stiff getting up out of bed or a chair but once i get moving it is much better..Just part of the recovery i am believing..
 
Hi @Korver, had you lower back issues before your op? If you did- or even if you didn't it's maybe just complaining about adjustments you've had to make since your op- protecting your hip, altered sleep position and pattern. Short term use of simple analgesics may help with back issues. Not sure about itchy scar. My GP prescribed Capsaicin cream- apparently works by heating surface nerve endings- I tried it. Yes it does feel hot, a bit like Deep heat. While its welling hot, and for some time afterwards the itching subsided. She did say it doesn't work for everyone. Good luck.
 
Hi @Korver
This recovery business is an up and down journey.
Hope you are still progressing well.
I think it was 4 months or before I could sleep all night in my bed and lower back aches were commonplace.
Of course, I had two to deal with...but I'm guessing all recovery junk.
Different zip, zaps, aches as our bodies adjust.
Hope your weekend is peaceful.
 
Hope you're doing well, @Korver
I'll bet the back issues are a part of recovery.
Hopefully it's easing and is soon history.
Wishing you a comfortable and peaceful weekend!
 
Hi @Korver
Hope you're having a great day :wave:
Wishing you a relaxing weekend!
 
Yes mam and assuming this is my thread..lol
 
Yep, @Korver this is your very own thread!
Hope you have a great night :yawn: :sleep: and a wonderful Sunday!
 
Thank you Ms Layla..guess i am a slow learner..lol..yawning now and headed to lala land soon...u have a great Sunday too.
 
:wave: glad you found Bone Smart. It's great:egypdance: I have had some back pain, but I think some of it is due to me readjusting my gate from favoring my 'bad' leg/hip to a normal gate.:walking:
 
Hi Korver,
Stopping by to say Hi and see how you're doing.
How is your recovery coming along? I hope it's going well.
Wishing you a great weekend!
@Korver
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom