THR 7 months post op and soreness in the hip area

Hey their Ms Layla. Things seem to be going well. Off and on soreness and aches but feel like that is normal for 8 weeks post op...Walking very well and slowly easing back into normality.. Why rush it as i am retired and have no where i have to be or do..lol. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for checking on me.
.
 
Two month hipversary!
Yay, may seem slow...but it's going to come around.
Hope your weekend is lovely!:SUNsmile:
 
Thank you so much...hope your weekend is wonderful.
 
Eight weeks post THR and i feel like i am doing really well...Walking very good in my opinion...Lil skiddish on tile floors such as in grocery stores and such but other than that thimgs seem okay..Running errands and just trying to do things that get me out of the house within the guidelines of what i knowI can do and what i should not do yet..Maybe I am a slow bloomer but slept on my operated side last night for the first time and got two rounds of about 15 minutes in as it seemed to get aggravated at that point. Assuming this is a normal progression... Sleeping on non operated side is no problem as is the back for short amounts of time...Anyway hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday and a great start to the new week.
 
You sound great for two months out, Korver. Sounds super normal in regard to sleeping situation.
I was way past 4 months or before I could get more than those 15 on op side..and I had two op sides:heehee:
It did eventually come, thank goodness. In not a back sleeper!
Yay for your progress!
Have a great day. :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks so much Mojo..Always good to be able to get encouragement and feedback through our strength, hope and experiences..Have a happy Sunday.
 
Nice update @Korver Happy Two Month Anniversary! :yay:
Sounds like you're progressing nicely.
If you haven't already, try a pillow between your legs while side sleeping and see if that helps.
Hope your day and week are great!
 
Good morning Ms Layla..Having been doing that every night as my ortho said had to do that for 3 months..got bout three and half weeks left of that....unfortunately.... It will get better each night i tried that side i feel sure..Enjoy this beautiful sunday..
 
Right at 9 weeks post op and this Maybe be a silly insignificant post to others but a happy progress post for me... Posted recently i had finally slept on my op side for about 15 minutes twice on my first night of trying...Last night slept on my op side a couple of times for about 30 minutes each time before waking up..Truthfully think my mind is telling me i might aggravate it by sleeping on it very long thus waking up with it but seeming okay and not really painful at all.. Call me crazy..lol..but i call it progress...just trying to keep winning lil by lil one day at a time. Everyone have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY.
 
I think sleeping on either side is vause for celebration! :yes!: I did not learn how uncomfortable back sleeping was for me, until it was too, too,:blackcloud: very, very much too painful to sleep on a side! I need to be reading and maybe have the TV on as well, so that I can fall asleep with the book in my hands. :sleep: @Korver
 
Giving a 10 week update and want thoughts on PT.. First of all...walking very well with no pain, going up and down stairs daily with no pain, driving everyday with no pain' gettimg in and out of the car with no pain..Not on any medication for pain. Can put my socks on and tie my shoes and sleeping well on either side. Using common sense in what I do or choose to do..Everyone is different in their approach to recovery and what they will do or not do going forward living everyday life. For me i will not be doing any running or jumping but will walk and do the stationery bicycle which my doctor thinks are the best thing for me. My ortho doesnot do out of home PT til three months after surgery to allow everything to become stable and stronger.. With that being said i dont feel it neccessary to do the outpatient PT with me being able to do all the things i have listed above and some PTs have that " no pain no gain mentality" which i totally disgree with.. A very happy 10 week post op hippie who chooses to use common sense and understands it is a journey and not a destination..Happy Monday everyone.
 
Hi @Korver Happy Ten Week Anniversary!
I think your recovery sounds great. It seems you're in a good place.
Why tamper with it. I'd keep doing whatever you're doing. It's working :yay:
Hope your week is all you want it to be!
 
Thank you Ms Layla. This forum is the bomb and your knowledge and encouragement is priceless..Enjoy your week .
 
Hi, your recovery sounds like it’s going really well. I personally wouldn’t bother with PT. walking and stationery bike are really the best way to go.
 
I totally agree with you. I am on another site too.....patient forum..and they seem to think out patient PT is the be all end all..lol...everybodys recovery is different and nobody knows our own body like we do...i have seen post where people at 3_4 weeks claimed to have been jogging pretty good distances, swimming and biking..Well everybody recovery is different and. I chose to do what my body and mind tell...not in it to be able to run again..in it to walk pain free and do life pain free and i like my chances doing what i am doing.. Being sensible and cautious... Have a great week and thanks for your opinion.
 
Obviously we can't believe what everyone says, jogging at 3-4 weeks....yeah right!
You're doing it right and your recovery is going well.
Keep it up @Korver
 
Thanks Ms Layla for your encouragement.. Hope u are having a great week.
 
Great update @Korver. I am taking your approach, walking, recumbent bike and some gentle stretches. Home pt was helpful from the feedback standpoint and making sure I was handlingvstairs, etc. I did three weeks or so of outpatient pt and I don't think it was that helpful. Others on here seem to have benefited greatly from pt. I think it depends on individual condition and goals.

I may consider some further work outs st the three month mark, but more for overall conditioning and weight management than hips.

Keep up the good work listening to your body! That is really the key.
 
Yes mam MammaT we just to do what is best for us according to what our body is telling us..in my opnion..Good luck with your continued recovery.
 
11 weeks post op and doing very well..Truthfully back in the flow of life as retiree..lol.. Walking very well with no pain...sleeping decently but tonight went out for dinner in a family resturant which to me was pretty noisey and i got a lil anxious..just felt a lil uneasy with anxiety. Made it through the meal and it settled down after we left...was just wandering if this could still be normal nearly three months post op....Just felt a lil closed in the entire time..maybe i am just crazy..lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom