Guest viewing is limited

THR 7 months post op and soreness in the hip area

7 months post op and just in the last week purchased a new pair of athletic shoes and since then my hip has seemed a little sore and tender
New shoes mean you are walking slightly differently. Just keep wearing them. Your old shoes have a wearing pattern that compensated for a sore hip and you don't need that now.
 
Hi Korver.
For whatever reason, my hips don't like some new shoes I have tried...granted some are ones with a heel that I am guessing you don't have on your tennis shoes:heehee:
Or gait does change...make sure you are heel to toe walking like or friend Layla reminds us to practice.
Hope all eases soon.:)
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement and advise...always helpful on this site
 
@Korver :wave:
Hope you are feeling better and that soreness is easing.
You know it's not too far out to Ice still when something's aggravated.
I still iced at intervals when my hips were showing the stress of something I was doing that didn't seem to agree with them.
A long time on bad hips took some readjusting time for me.
Hope you have a good weekend!:SUNsmile:
 
Happy Saturday!
I hope you're getting those new shoes broken in and feeling less discomfort as a result.
You just passed the seven month mark already. My how time flies!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and great rest of the Summer.
@Korver
 
Thank you Ms Layla. Time does fly by.. 6 month checkup Monday.. But it is 7 months post op..lol..thanks for always being an encourager..Hope you have a great weekend.. Bring on the fall and a lil chill in the air
 
6 month checkup..technically 7 months..went great.. Dr said xrays looked fantastic and i was doing great.. Checkup in 4 months.. One day at a time..common sense approach...keep moving..everyone have a great weekend.. Fall in the air in Atlanta thix morning...60 degrees..yay...
 
Wonderful news!
It's always reassuring to get a good report from the OS.
I can't believe it is 7 months already.

Fall in the air! You're lucky. I'm a little jealous. It's my favorite season.
We're back into the heat and humidity again this weekend...UGH.
Have a great weekend!
@Korver
 
Yay Korver.:yahoo:
So glad to hear from you and know that all is going good.
Enjoy the weekend!:SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom