Guest viewing is limited

MUA 5 week failure<

@Robinmhs88 Hello. Hope you're resting and icing. I'm 11 weeks today. My knee is still numb on the outside a little above and below. I have been re-reading the articles on swelling, numbness, etc. I need reminders because I am impatient and worry too much. Will thinking of you and wishing you progress during the next days home.
 
Thank you... slept horrible last night lots of discomfort, couldn’t find a good position. Woke up feeling fine but tripped over a dog toy and did everything not to hit the floor so I tweaked my knee. Been icing and elevating but not going down but it’s okay. So how are you?
 
Thank God you didn't hit the floor! You will probably be extra sore for a few days at least. The implant will be fine, but your soft tissues are angered.
 
Oh so sorry Robin!!! ouch.. just what you needed!!! NOT!!! You are not working this week right?
 
@Robinmhs88 I'm ok I guess. I think we all try to be positive no matter where we are in our recovery. If I'm honest, I'll say I want to complain a lot more, but I don't because I don't want people to get sick of me.

I've been icing most of the day because I'm paying for yesterday. The stiffness makes me crazy. I do the things that I have to, but can't wait to get home and on the bed. I try not to think about work. I don't want to complain there even though my RN co-workers seem to be understanding.

6 months? A year? I'm tired of all of it now. I've got to figure out a routine. Thank goodness I can say how I feel here. I'd like to punch some of the people who told me I'd be glad I did this. I wonder when that day will come?

All I can say is, ice and elevate as much as you can. Make the most of your time off.let your family take care of everything. I'll add you to my prayer list.
 
Yes Funkymuse I am on vaca suppose to relax :) and this was day 1...damn can’t wait for day 2

Jakeleg I feel you- I wish I would have never done this or at least held off till summer break but the doc said I was close to blowing my knee out, still not happy with the results so far (or lack there of). I have moments where I can bend more and so I do a couple things and go sit down for 15 minutes or so and when I stand up, it's tight and I'm limping again.

Now the top part of my scar which still has a scab is bright red and super sore.

I just keep praying I will wake up tomorrow and it will feel better and than I wake up and nothings changed. I am here for ya and know when I say I know how you feel :)
 
Is icing helping your pain? Being tight is normal at your stage. Are you elevating enough? That, and ice help to get the swelling down.
 
@sistersinhim Tightness is normal? That's good news and bad news .
Good= normal. Bad= still have it.

I have to remember that normal is good even if I don't like it --- pain, swelling stiffness, tightness= new normal.


Desired definition of normal=my life back!
 
I still have tightness at 9 months. It’s been a bit worse this past week with family in town staying with us and all that entails.
 
Robin, the fact that your knee is swelling when you get up and "do a few things" is telling you that you need to stop trying to do those activities - whatever "a few things" might be. If you've been pushing yourself like this throughout your recovery, you're keeping your knee in a constant state of irritation. Sitting down for 15 minutes does little good. If you have pain and swelling, you need to be icing and elevating most of the day for several weeks to see improvement. This whole process takes time. For some folks, it takes more than they imagined.

The redness and soreness in your knee is most likely due to the near fall you had. You'll need to give that at least a couple of weeks to get better.

One of the other members suggested you try and focus on the things that are better since your surgery. That would be wise. When you constantly dwell on the things you can't do, it's bound to make you feel worse. I also suggest that you may not be getting enough rest. Try napping during the day. And also try taking something for any pain you're having. Doses of 1000mg of Tylenol can help with low grade to moderate pain. Stiffness is a form of pain, so I know you have it. You can take up to 4000mg of Tylenol in a 24 hour period (just be sure to count any other medications you may take that have acetaminophen in them in that total). Pain (even at a low level) can wear a person down mentally and physically. Please don't let yourself fall into that trap.
 
Now the top part of my scar which still has a scab is bright red and super sore.
Since you are over 10 weeks out, you should have a doctor look at this. It's probably OK, but it's best to be sure!
 
Now the top part of my scar which still has a scab is bright red and super sore.
A photo would be good. It's difficult to give an opinion otherwise.

Tightness is normal? That's good news and bad news .
Good= normal. Bad= still have it.
Of course it is! You're only 11 weeks out yet. My knees were tight for almost 5 months.
 
Tanya76 I am hoping soon not to feel like that :)

Josephine I can not upload a photo, tried it several ways?.?. The top of my scar has a small scab and it is bright red around it. It is tender to the touch and feels like it’s pulling when I straighten my leg.

I am feel very down tonight :(
 
Did you try “upload a file” tab in the right hand corner for a photo?
 
Oh, Robin, I'm so sorry. You have so many people here who care about you. We all wish we could do something to help. It is so hard to hear "time and patience" when we are in pain and scared. I will keep you in my prayers
 
The only way I have been able to upload a photo has been to resize it before I upload it here.

I have an app on my phone called Snapseed that I used.
 
couldnt get in to see OS but did a FaceTime visit with Dr through my insurance and he is concerned that there might be an infection under the scab. Gave me Keflex and told me to get to OS as soon as possible but if it doesn’t look better by Sunday go to ER either way :)
 
Yes, it is better to be safe than sorry. I pray it's nothing, just a slower healing spot.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom