MUA 5 week failure<

So here it is the end of 2017 and I am not where I thought I would be. I am laying down, leg elevated and STILL not bending the way I thought I would.... After exercising, resting, crying, exercising, resting and crying my endless cycle has left me feeling horrible. I didn’t want to start 2018 like this.

I wish you all a Happy New Year with Good Health, Peace and much Happiness
:loveshwr:

Robin.. your post breaks my heart. I woke up crying today as well.. not sure what to do except to continue on. It's beyond what I have ever experienced - it's a continual low level frustration that never seems to end. I continue to have hope based on what others have said.. that better days are ahead. All's I can say for you and me and others is to 'keep the faith.' Sending love. When do you go back to work?

Thank you both. I have this week off. It is so hard and I have tons of faith but I don’t understand this. If I stay straight to long it’s hard when I go to sit... my leg pops out in front and I have to ease it bent. If I stay bent to long I have a hard time when I stand and try to walk. When you feel this low and frustrated you feel like it will never get better. I really wanted to start the year feeling “normal” you know doing some of what I use to and at 3 months I didn’t feel like that’s to much to hope for :) praying we all hit some milestones soon

Hang in there, Robin!
hang in there.jpg
Things are going to get better.

If I stay straight to long it’s hard when I go to sit... my leg pops out in front and I have to ease it bent. If I stay bent to long I have a hard time when I stand and try to walk.[/QUOTE said:
Celle thank you... can you explain this and what I should do to progress?

I can't suggest much, except to keep moving your leg a bit, whether you have it straight or bent.
Your knee makes a lubricating fluid that acts rather like oil in a rusty hinge. Moving your knee increases the amount of synovial fluid and so "oils the hinge".

Most of us find that initially we are stiff when we stand up. I used to stand still for a couple of seconds, to make sure I was properly balanced before trying to walk, and then I found that the stiffness wore off after I had taken a few steps.

Yes, for me that lasted past 3 months but gradually diminished until one day I really didn't have the issue.

So went to OS the infection area was stitches that were stuck in the skin. The bottom of my incision had one too that he pulled out....ouchie
He wants to do an MUA. My bend sitting is 82% but heel slide is only 22%. That’s why I have no bend when I walk. From standing hamstring curl 5%. I have a week to decide :) but I have to say he was very nice and compassionate.

Don't be frightened of the MUA it can be a great solution well it was for my right knee.

I have often wondered why my bend is so different sitting as opposed to lying down doing heel slides has anyone given you an explanation for this?

Good luck with your decision

Hi @Robinmhs88 - I just got back and my doc wants to do one as well. I wrote about it on my thread and tagged you.

Also @Angiebabe - I was told by my PT that the measurement has something to do with the way the quad lengthens when you lay down to do the heel slide as opposed to when you sit up - it shortens - or something.. and that's why they measure that way - it makes sense because my bend is much less when laying down and I suppose one needs to have a good bend then as well. I still don't quite understand it but my doctor measures both. And thanks for the encouragement on the MUA.. it's a hard thing to decide on but when you are stuck at 60 for 8 weeks well.. one has to think about maybe going ahead with it.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! I didn't get 90' until I had my manipulation, I had similar things going on. I couldn't get past 70 for 3 weeks post up. It seemed no matter what I did, my knee was not going to cooperate. My swelling was all over the knee. It is definitely frustrating. After manipulation I got up to 135. Now I am lucky to get 70 due to scar tissue. I can relate to the crying and sadness. I'm right there with ya sister! Lots of hugs to you!:loveshwr:

I had an mua about 6 weeks post op. I couldn’t get past 60 degrees I think. It was really worth it for me I eventually got up to around 100 degrees. It took me months to get to where I can fully bend it. Be patient with your knee it will get there. The mua helped a lot with the tightness feeling in my knee I no longer had the feeling like something was pulling when I went to bend it. Good luck

@funkymuse , that's a yes and no answer. Yes, right after the manipulation, I had to go straight to PT. I went from 70 to 110 that day. Then got up to 135. The no part of that is that I had the flu, was not able to do any stretches or anything, I have scar tissue issues, and basically lost all my ROM .I am at 60 now. Have apt with OS in a week, and we are going to discuss revision option.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom