TKR 48 hours almost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massage can make the knee feel good so long as it's not too hard. Pooh on your doc deflating your bubble. Congrats on the 109! :ok:
 
Trying the Voltaren creme today to see if it helps with the swelling.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
@Ferni Just checking in to see how you are doing. I am 9 weeks out and still have swelling every now and then. My knee knows when I have done to much. Sleep will come in time. I still wake in the night so I get the Tylenol and ice and go back to sleep.
 
Glad you only have sporadic swelling. I am 8 weeks and swelling has never gone away. Voltaren seems to help with the stiffness. I am walking great, extension is at 0 and flexion at 110. Slowly but surely getting there.




Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
lad you only have sporadic swelling. I am 8 weeks and swelling has never gone away. Voltaren seems to help with the stiffness. I am walking great, extension is at 0 and flexion at 110. Slowly but surely getting there.
I understand exactly what you are going through. After my BTKR, I had a slow recovery and it took me five months to lose a slight little limp.

It was six months before I was at 80%-85%, and it was not until eight months that I was at 90%-95%.

At eight weeks, I would swell too and I returned to the classroom too early; I found out how much patience I needed to get through it.

It is a long. slow recovery, but I have no doubt that you will get to that destination of being fully recovered---and there will be no swelling issues at all!
 
@Ferni . Hope you are better today. I still have 1 spot the swells no matter how much ice I use. It might be a little water. I will ask my OS on Tuesday and see what he says.
 
I hope it is something he can take care of.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Not good. Went to a concert last night and I shouldn't have. Too many steps and impossible to stay in my seat for long. Today it is very stiff. I can't help wondering if this is as good as it is going to get. Oh well, still better than it was before surgery. How about you? How are you feeling?
 
This may be as good as it's going to get, but probably it's not. It's still only about 8 weeks from your surgery and there's plenty of time yet for improvement. I think you can look forward to many days that are much better than they are right now.
 
@Fermi, it will get better. After almost 3 months I still get stiff if I sit to long or a long car drive can set me back. I asked my GP if it was normal and he said yes. It just takes time and lots of rest and ice. You can't expect to get better over night. He is right. I feel better and better every day. It takes patience( I have none) lol. If you have watched the YouTube video our body goes through a big shock.
 
That ice machine sounds like heaven sent. I am icing all the time, but at times my ice packs aren't ready! So then I use a something else.
 
Tomorrow is my follow up with my OS. My cold range is about 100 and hot is 114. The goal is to have the cold match the hot. It will be 11 weeks on Tuesday. I have made so much progress. I go up and down the stairs even tho I feel it a little in my hamstring. I rode the stationary bike and walk the dogs every day, do my exercises and go to work. Even though I am not as flexible as I should be, I will take this forever compared to the pain I was in before surgery.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Hi kmann, I'd just like to say that you will not find better advice or support anywhere to aid your recovery than these forum pages. The guys on here know their stuff ! I recently had a PKR and had quite a few concerns and questions, the advice I got from this site has been invaluable, they even told me off for doing too much !
Good luck with your recovery.
 
Thank you. Interesting about arnica. I use a pain cream with arnica and comfrey on my knee. Started using it when my arthritis pain began. I am a nutritional supporter and eat most of the foods (except kale and collards) you recommend. YAY!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom