Woodpusher
member
Today is 6 weeks post-op. You know what that means? Hot tub time!
Also, got measured with 117 degrees flexion and 6 on extension, 3/4 if pressure applied. I didn't work too hard to get to these numbers but the therapist did yesterday in our preparation. Will be interesting to see if those numbers change over the course of weeks or months, with the conversation around the "magical" 6 week mark. On that, how easy is it to get one of those tools a PT uses to measure? I think it's called a goniometer. And can my wife use it to measure me?
Also, got measured with 117 degrees flexion and 6 on extension, 3/4 if pressure applied. I didn't work too hard to get to these numbers but the therapist did yesterday in our preparation. Will be interesting to see if those numbers change over the course of weeks or months, with the conversation around the "magical" 6 week mark. On that, how easy is it to get one of those tools a PT uses to measure? I think it's called a goniometer. And can my wife use it to measure me?
United States
I wasn't one that chose TKR because I was suffering with excruciating pain. I was able to control the pain (mostly!!) when I quit exercising completely last October. My gait changed though, as my leg started bending inward last summer, affecting my other knee (also arthritic), my left ankle, and my lower back. I had constant grinding/sticking episodes when my knee wouldn't cooperate--- so just lots of structural stuff that seemed like a ticking time bomb. I often wondered if I was making the right decision though, as my pain wasn't constant or excruciating like many people's is.
Even with significant swelling, there's no bone spur sticking out anymore because it's GONE!!!
Both big knobs, one on each side of the knee, were removed. Now I have this new knee profile that I can't remember seeing in 10-15 yrs.
I guess I'm looking for anything and everything, knowing the surgical pain will be hanging around for a few months yet.



He is getting around fine with some pain and stiffness, but he knows he returned to sports too soon. Unfortunately it was "that time of the year" though.
He just ices it a lot.