PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

Well, felt good enough to run after 2 months and a couple days so I'm back to playing pickleball. And I can surely say I'm better now than I was pre-op. Couldn't run then, the knee would occasionally buckle on me. So hopefully this this it for awhile, back to normal. Thanks to everyone for their support during the tough 1st month.
 
It's been exactly a year and am doing great. Really, haven't thought about it for months. Sure, it doesn't quite have the range as my other knee, and some of the sensation hasn't come back, but I think those are known things.

I can't imagine what it's like for the folks who have had this done recently in the midst of a pandemic. At our hospital they said they moved a lot of the surgeries to the surgical center where no COVID patients have been. This makes sense but they don't even keep you overnight.
 
Woodpusher,
Great to hear from you and how well you are doing. Thanks for coming back and letting members know how good life can be after joint replacement.
 
Woodpusher , glad to hear that you are doing very well..had the same PKR, am 4 months post op, and would never have thought I wouldn’t be 100% by now.. I have come to realize It takes TIME...
 
Woodpusher , glad to hear that you are doing very well..had the same PKR, am 4 months post op, and would never have thought I wouldn’t be 100% by now.. I have come to realize It takes TIME...

Hey there, same age, same procedure as me, right medial PKR. How are after 4 months, back to your lifestyle?

Ken
 
Not back to prior surgery “Normal” yet, but everyday, making progress ...simple things I had taken for granted such as jogging, or weeding the garden are difficult..I can walk with a slight limp, and the knee cap aches when I have done too much. Going down stairs foot over foot hurts just a bit, more of an ache then a pain...All in all, doing well..
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom