Revision TKR 3 years out - Injury?worked

The article is called Flexion: How to photograph your leg

It's in the library under knee topics and then under post op
 
Awesome, great!

On another note, I did something so incredibly stupid tonight and I hope I don't pay for it too badly!

We went to my parents for the 4th and I was so careful to stay off my feet and elevate most of the day. Then, as we were about to leave I was looking for my sandals. I felt something crawl on my foot (the leg with my TKR), I looked down and saw a big ole roach. Stupidly, I immediately kicked my leg to get the roach off. My instinct was to just get it off, I didn't even stop to consider my knee. Oh heck, my knee screamed at me. I just stood there, called for ice packs and iced where I was standing.

Surprisingly I am sore but it's not horrible. I am just worried what tomorrow will bring.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ouch! Things happen- hopefully nothing is damaged.

With you being only 3wks out from surgery and having been as active as you have- about 80*s flexion is not bad at all in my opinion! You ROM is in there waiting for the swelling to go down so it can present itself more! INSIST on the BoneSmart mantra's this coming week and just see what happens!
 
Ouch! I bet that hurt. I hope you are feeling okay today after your little run in with that creature. Take it easy today.
 
Yes, today you have earned a day of rest! If anything that experience with the bug made you increase your ROM for an instant anyway! I don't think any damage would have been done, just some extra soreness. Use that ice and the elevation to recoup!
 
oh gosh ladies the roach was bad enough :shocked::scary:I'm a chicken so that alone would have done me in. I'd probably be in traction. Glad you are ok HookEm613.
 
LoL y'all are so funny!! I'm all about "catch and release" when it comes to bugs, but you better bet that roach died a painful death!

On a good note, the PT said it wouldn't have damaged anything and if anything else, helped my ROM lol. We had a good laugh!

I am hitting 90 degrees now, so my next goal is 120. He said the hope is to hit 120 in three weeks, but we are not pushing it. He said it will happen when my knee is ready and not before, and if we try and force it, it will only delay it. (I think some of y'all on here should be PTs too, haha)


He also released me from using any walking device, but wants me to wait to stop until I am not sore from my roach incident last night lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'd be careful before ditching a walking aid too soon. A fall can happen so quickly that you're down there and have no idea how it happened. You don't have all your muscle strength back yet and need the security of at least a cane. It has saved me many a time even before my surgery. Sometimes now I'm still using the walker if I feel overly tired. You're only 3 weeks out and though a lot younger than a lot of us, you still need time for everything to heal and to get your strength back. Please be careful.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Yeah, I am not letting it go totally. I'm going to start with small distances and work my way up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you refused the MUA, I was at 90/0 by 6 weeks PO and my OS wanted to do a MUA, long story short I cancelled the day before (my gut feeling was: I know I can get there, just need more time) and bonesmart also gave me good advice. so fast forward to 3 months out and I'm at 114/0 and hope to keep going:yes:
 
Had a very odd experience last night. My knee seemed to spasm pretty violently, like a very quick but very bad Charlie horse. It only lasted a few seconds but it woke me up. I am luckily that I haven't had too hard of a time sleeping, so just as quick I was back to sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That does sound strange. Maybe you had it in a position it didn't like and woke you up to move it. Who knows? These knees have a mind of their own!
 
Yeah, that's is exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if maybe I was dreaming too, and moved my knee in a way I wasn't ready for. Who knows!

My knee is swollen and stiff again today. We did squats for the first time in PT yesterday, and although it was ok then, my knee is telling me I am not ready yet. I'm laying in bed now with my leg up, icing, and wondering if I should take a nap. I have to get 4 hours of work in today, but sleep sure sounds better right now lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What did this site tell you about squats!? No wonder you knee is killing you. You bout killed it yesterday! No, no, no to squats! I'm sure one of those much more knowledgeable than me will address this.
 
Agreed say no to the squats. Like Josephine says we shouldn't be doing those because we do them of and on all day long just in our daily living as we are sitting down. Hope the swelling goes down soon. I think you should take that nap :sleep:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom