THR 26 days and I need a hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Queenie

This too shall pass.

Please do try and get a decent physio. (Though, as to how this feat is to be accomplished I really cannot advise. Mine was by absolute chance. Ask around, try a few. There must be that perfect physio for you, somewhere in Exeter.) I suppose they must all have passed the same exams, but some of them seem so uninterested in their work that you wonder why they ever wanted to be physios in the first place.

Same in all walks of life, of course.

The comment is often used on the forum that "hips have a way of looking after themselves". This always puzzles me. If that were true, why would we need the forum at all?

ZF: I didn't realise P G Wodehouse had a following in USA. We have just had a short series of half hour TV comedies here, based on the Blandings books. No doubt you will get it over there sooner or later.

However, I don't know if other Brits will agree with me, but I thought it was very disappointing. Although it starred one of my favourite actors, Timothy Spall, as Lord Emsworth, I thought the scripts were very poor. The characters seemed to me to come over as silly caricatures, rather than the lovable, well-rounded eccentrics portrayed by Wodehouse.

Chin, chin, Queenie. Pecker up!
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you lovely people.

BUT........STOP THE PRESS! .............I have had a lightbulb moment.

It is now my intention(intention being the buzz word here), to heal myself with a shed load of positivity. I don't want to linger on Negativity Street any longer.

My goal is to dance my socks off all weekend at Camp Bestival Festival in August..........being at CB will also include a tremendous amount of walking.........I'm going to enjoy doing that too.

I'm also ordering in some spectacular weather for the occasion.

YEEEHAAA!!!!! Bring it on!

I'm feeling better already.

Keep on keepin' on Warriors.

Love to all

Queenie xxxx
 
Oh Queenie, you hippie...

Nip to Totnes or wherever it was and buy some joss sticks. But get the appointment with the OS in the diary as well!
 
Queenie wrote to you on my thread but have to say here i agree with all the wise words of the others on this one. Until we get back fully on our feet and off all meds PITY PARTIES RULE! In fact they are obligatory and very healthy.... Seriously though, my sister who has to do some counselling in her job says that it is important to moan and let others know you are struggling. Otherwise people don't know and have unreal expectations, forget you are not fully on form and don't give any sympathy. I am taking her at her word.
so do come back to the Court of Queenie - when you deign!!
 
Queenie our posts crossed. How fun is that? (mental note to self- get a life!!!). Your festival idea is a great one. I have a family wedding in september and often cheer myself up picturing myself at it, having a ball, making an embarrassing speech, having more than one tiny glass of wine and looking good again.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 26 days and I need a hug.
For my silly lady friends!!!
 
Queenie I think you avhe to be of a certain age (older than you, for example :rotfl: ) and a certain literary bent to even know who P G Wodehouse is over here. But my mother started me at an early age, and I have a collection of paperbacks which I used as therapy after a major surgery in my 30's! I wonder if "Blandings" is available on Amazon or Hulu yet? I hvae a soon-to-expire Amazon Prime free trial...I would agree-- if it's caricatures, it's wrong. I watched a trailer just now, and it seemed a little over the top to me. I once read a SF story in which it seemed to me that Bertie Wooster, Jeeves, AND the pig from Blanding had survived the singularity (none of them mentioned by name nor even human!). I wrote a letter to the editor of the magazine, and IT GOT PRINTED!!!!! So, SF writers know Wodehouse too!!!
lizzie66 good morning!
acbelmar cute cartoon, I'm glad it's making the rounds...
:) everybody!
 
Yes Firebrand I'm still going to see my OS but it will be with a positive attitude. I was getting dragged down into the dark side and I didn't like it! It's true.....I am an old hippy at heart. :flwrysmile:

I went into town with my daughter today. We had coffee and cake and strolled around for a few hours. We really enjoy each others company so had a lovely time. She totally took advantage of my boosted, upbeat positive attitude though.............She has returned from our trip with her nose pierced!
She's a good girl. She works hard at school and helps me out a lot at home. She's been begging me for some time and today I relented. She's not a rebellious teenager..........but sometimes..........just sometimes.......being a bit rebellious makes you feel good!

lizzie66 I see you managed to sort your signature out.
I guess I am pretty much back on my feet hence the reluctance to share my misery with everyone. Still that was last week and this week I'm in a more positive frame of mind.........Long may it continue eh? I promise to share my woes next time I'm feeling a bit on the low side.

zauberflöte you do make me chuckle. I think I've found a new nutter to play with. hiphiphorray will always be top nutter though. Please don't be offended, I adore nutters and nut jobs. The world would be a very boring place without them. I hope you take this as an ENORMOUS compliment. :happydance:

Tonight I am getting all glammed up, as we are going out for a fancy meal with a few friends. Might see if I can find a tent in the shed that might fit, as my skinny jeans will def cut my circulation off if I sit down in them for too long! Mmmmmmmm..........this is going to tax my powers of clever dressing. Better get my sore rump in gear and get a jiggy on.

Really looking forward to my hot cross bun with lashings of REAL butter tomorrow.

Hope all you lovely peeps have a marvellous Easter Weekend.

Lotsa lurve

Queenie xxxx
 
acbelmar I so LOVE that cartoon!!!
Queenie you go girl and have a great night out! Don't wear anything too tight so you can enjoy eating!! Think it is cute your daughter milked your good mood and got you to let her have the piercing. That's what parenting is often about - letting them do things you never dreamed off.
By the way if the others are nutters I am the Sensible One. But somebody's got to be sensible, and keep the show on the road, right????:angel:
 
@zauberflöte you do make me chuckle. I think I've found a new nutter to play with. @hiphiphorray will always be top nutter though. Please don't be offended, I adore nutters and nut jobs. The world would be a very boring place without them. I hope you take this as an ENORMOUS compliment. :happydance:
That is probably the best and hugest compliment anybody could pay me, and I am humbled and honored to have it :) Especially from you, whose posts are full of what we call over here "that dry british wit", and which you probably think of as "life as usual" LOL
Have fun tonight-- you will find something spandex-y to wear, and if you don't have it, borrow from The Pierced Teengirl.:loll: Make her take REALLY good care of that piercing-- my son got his eyebrow done at 18, and was fanatical about doing what they studio told him to. (He also got a tattoo the day after his 18th birthday.....it's a nice one and only visible at the beach LOL
lizzie66 Usually I'm The Sensible One.... at home anyway. I can misbehave online all I want and nobody can shut me up! :snork:
 
Queenie I spent a few hours last night reading your complete thread as it was so entertaining I had loads of laughs at your humour from you and your friends I thank you for that as I was in need of a good laugh yesterday as it wasn't a good day. No worries as today is a better one.I also felt I could empathise with you on many occasions on your journey which is indeed a roller coaster.I really took on board your comments about the sun is always shining even when it's pouring with rain or in my current predicament snowing yet again.I am going to write down the saying LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS ITS ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN Glad your more recent posts have been more upbeat and you have your wonderful goal of dancing at the festival and I really hope it won't be a case of dancing in the rain We so deserve a bit of sun this summer !
One thing, I really agree with Glynis in that you would benefit from seeing an excellent physio about your muscle pains I have come to realise that OS people are really only interested in their craft of surgery and generally leave the muscles to take care of themselves so it really is in the domain of the physios to sort them out. In my experience and on many discussions with my daughters friends who are in the profession the NHS do not allow them to spend enough time with the patient to do much good .It would be worth seeing the very best private one in your area who has an excellent reputation as there is so much hands on stuff they are trained in such as massage ,manipulation, ultrasound and even hydrotherapy to help your poor aching muscles I had muscle fatigue after my arthroscopy caused by doing too much too quickly Another tip is a spa visit with jacuzzi ,and steam rooms as they always help and make you feel soooo good afterwards Well these things helped me I know we are all different.
I am in the same boat as you were in in that I am not seeing the OS in clinic until I am virtually 10 weeks which means I have another 8 weeks of restrictions to cope with. I will demand an X-ray if none forthcoming
Thanks again Queenie I think you are a great example of what Bonesmart is all about
 
Hi Kim22

I'm very pleased that you have found my thread entertaining. As you've probably noticed most folks that chip in on my thread are well........shall we say amusing?.....and leave it at that! Although my recovery hasn't all been plain sailing(there have been a lot of tears believe me), its the laughter that has got me through.

I've just caught up with your story on your own thread and I notice you're having a few ups and downs of your own. You just have to go with it. Some days are good. You might get a really long run of good days, then a bad day will come and bite you on the rump and throw you into a tail spin. All I know from experience is that you have to make the most of the good days and don't worry if you get times when you feel down or low. Cry and get it out of your system. Better out than in. Accept that your recovery will probably take you on a real roller coaster of emotions.........and all this is absolutely fine.
As long as your husband, who sounds lovely by the way, is supportive of you then all will be good in the hood.
One minute I'd be laughing hysterically the next I'd be crying like a baby. My husband has been marvellous. He knows me very well and accepted from the very beginning that this journey of recovery was going to be interesting to say the least!
As I have said to others who are fresh off the ol' butchers block the best advice I can give is to not compare yourself to others. I put myself through a really tough time just doing that. I've since come to realise that I'm a very slow healer and just because I wasn't up and running as quickly as others it doesn't mean there's a problem. I am going back to see my OS soon though because at 12wks I was hoping that it wouldn't still be looking like I'd shoved half a melon down my trousers!!
My husband knows some very good physios through his sports connections so I'm going to book into seeing one of them as soon as I've seen my OS.
I'm sorry we've not connected before. Now that I'm 3mths post op I don't always find the time to drop in on my own thread let alone others.
Welcome to the other side anyway. I really hope your recovery is nice and smooth with more laughs than tears. Finding this forum saved my bacon on so many levels. I'm sure you'll find it a great help too.

zauberflöte I had a fantastic night last night thank you. We went to a great restaurant in a little village a few miles from us. Then we caught the train into town, had a few drinks in town and Cinders finally got home around 12.45.......tut tut tut.
I only drink lager.......bit of a light weight these days. I love wine but wine doesn't love me. I often feel a little embarrassed sat a table in a restaurant with a lager. Not very ladylike but hey ho. At least I don't suffer from the nightmare hangovers that drinking wine used to give me.
We didn't stop laughing all night. I have some very funny friends and the evening was extremely entertaining.
I guess I can't be doing too bad if I can go out for a night on the tiles with my friends eh?

We took the dog up to the local woods for a walk today. I needed my cane for the last 10mins but my husband reckoned we covered around 2miles. Needless to say my poor old rump was screaming for a rest so of course we had to stop in the Cafe in the Woods for a nice cup of tea and some cheesy chips........Yum Yum.

As promised I had my hot cross bun with lashings of real butter.......naughty but nice. Now I'm off to prepare our evening meal. It's Funtime Fajita Friday....................will anyone actually be surprised if its not long before I get to the size of a house?!!
Diet starts Monday. I do, believe it or not, eat a lot of healthy food too you know. :angel:

Lovely hubby making lots of noise with pots and pans in kitchen. Think he's trying to get my attention. Must fly dear friends.

Love to all

Queenie xxx
 
Queenie I think I would love to be your next door neighbor! Your walk in the woods sounds very ambitious, glad it had tea and crumpets wth it! I get a hangover looking at the bottle (of anything) any more so I take a sip of son's various micro-brewery beers that he buys. Makes me a cheap date LOL
Enjoy Fajita Friday! My hubby is coming home from his weekly 3-day commute tonight, he will eat supper and fall asleep with his face in the plate, like as not.
What healthy foods are you going to eat on Monday? leftover Easter candy??
 
Queenie So glad you enjoyed your big night out and your walk in the woods with your hubby and the dog 2 miles wow that's an achievement I also enjoyed our hot cross buns yesterday with lashings of butter yum and now there are Easter eggs to get stuck into as well tomorrow The healthy eating can wait a bit longer.i must admit I am missing my weekend tipple at the moment and looking forward to having a nice glass of white when I finally give up the codeine and complete the course of Clexane injections but for now I will enjoy my chocolate instead Thank you for taking the time to read my thread as at 3 months down the line you are getting right back into normal life again which is wonderful to hear Enjoy the rest of the weekend and if it involves another visit to the pub have a half a lager for me
 
zauberflöte I hope you are enjoying your Easter break and your husband has caught up with his sleep so you can both enjoy it together My husband used to to do loads of commuting including foreign travel when he worked and used to be exhausted when he got home poor lamb He took early retirement as I did mainly because of my hip problem We are both looking forward to my recovery to start doing the things we used to enjoy with the time that retirement allows if that makes sense We also had our first little grandson in November and I can't wait to be more active to enjoy doing things with him I am thrilled as my daughter is coming to stay next week for a couple of nights with him so we will see him again They change so much at this stage so quickly
 
Hi everyone! just a quick visit as it's a busy Easter Saturday here and I had to take a "nap" (lie down, no sleep!) to rest after visitors. Sounds like you are very active Queenie! love the bit about the half melon down your side, feel the same. Enjoy the chocolate all whichever side of the Atlantic you are on and I will be back on properly after the weekend. Back to Ben Hur now.....
ps All i want for Easter is MORE SLEEP!!
 
It's Fajitas Friday!! Yes I've been dancing and now I'm going to bed. Night night all.

The Queenster xxxx
 
Happy birthday Queenie. Glad you're getting out. We all have ups and downs... just try not to get legless. Oooops. Lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom