TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

Ditto that. :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
We are waiting to hear your news whenever you feel up to checking in. Wishing you comfort.
 
Just checking in to see how you are doing.
 
I am concerned about you. Are you OK? Just drop us a quick OK, if you can.
 
Thinking healing thoughts of you @TML as you are recovering from another brand new knee! Looking forward to hearing from you and how things are going when you feel up to posting!

HUGS!!!
 
Thinking of you, know you are in a drug stupor right now, stay afloat and let us know how you are when you can. You are very dear to us!
 
@TML you are the first person on my mind when I come on here in the morning. Hoping everything is ok. When I was in hospital I lost internet connection after the first day, so couldn't post until I got home four days later. It cheered me up no end that people had been concerned.
Sending hugs,
Tabby xxx
 
Post-op Day 3

Hi to all and thank you for your prayers and encouragements. Today is post-op day 3 and yes, @greatlakes I am finally coming out of the drug stupor. I was encountering so much confusion that we decided to lower my dosages. I was taking what I was given for pain with June knee, but I remembered that I've lost 20 lbs since that sutrgery and kept it all off. Maybe that is why?: I'll discuss with OS or PA today.

The pain is only surgical and fleeting, which feels so much better. Everyone remembered me from June TKR and the head nurse in ortho ward requested me, which was wonderful. It's like I am seeing old friends. I will go home today. My quads are startiny to fire, which means that I'll soon be lifting October knee

I'm falling asleep so I need to close. More later.
 
Wonderful to hear from you! I hope October behave well for you now and in the following days.
 
It's so good to see your post! I too have been looking and was considering going back to June knee to see how long it took you before you felt well enough to post. Yeah!! You're on your way to both sides being pain free. I know my OS does, what he calls, "quad sparing" - no cutting. Maybe they all do that, don't know. Anyway, good too see your post. PS: because of your earlier posts, my Chattanooga ice packs arrived earlier this week - those are much nicer than the gel packs I've had for years!
 
Oh good! I'm so glad you checked in. What a compliment to you for the head nurse to ask to be your nurse. I know you are a joy to have as a patient.

I had to have my med dosage decreased for October knee. I think it was the weight loss and probably combined effect of two surgeries.

You'll be home soon! Woot! :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I am glad to hear that you are doing well and pain is under control.

Sending you healing thoughts!!!
 
Happy to hear you have got through it ok and that your pain is minimal, let's hope it stays that way. Glad that you've got caring nurses you know and trust.
Get as much rest as you can.
Tabby xxx
 
Great report. Hopefully you'll continue with a great recovery. I'm jealous though - I've only lost 10 pounds so far.
 
I am so glad to hear from you and know that all is well, and that your pain is under control. Now you have them both done and you are on your way to the finish line!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom