TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

Yes! I'm doing a little cheerleader dance (on one leg) right now.

So, based on experience with knee 1, knee 2 seems easier so far-- mainly cause of knowing what to expect. Pain was about the same for me-- night 3 the worst but bearable. Depending more on walker this time (ditched it first couple of days last time)-- just to protect knee 1. Also, it's way too easy to neglect knee 1, I've basically been treating it like a "normal" knee-- that's a potential problem.

We got this, knee-twin. I know you'll keep yourself distracted today. I'm saying peace and calm prayers for you right now.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Yes, you have prayers from me, too, for your surgery tomorrow! Two new knees. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!
 
@TML Now that I have completely read your story of Miss June knee, I am ready to continue with Miss October knee tomorrow. You are doing so great. I'm following you gals who have had or will be having 2 TKR in pretty close proximity to each other. My 1st is Jan., then my daughters wedding in May and then whenever I feel up to the 2nd one, or it demands it of me!

I'm thinking and praying for you - you will be so happy to have two new knees!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@TML I'm sure you've been busy getting prepared for tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be the first surgery of the day!
 
@TML I'm wishing you the best tomorrow as you welcome new knee #2 " Miss October "~~ you're in my thots & prayers for your surgery, for great hospital care & an easy transition back home to heal & get on with your new life. You'll do great! We'll all be here for you! :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks everyone - your kind and supportive words mean the world to me! I have been so unbelievably busy today that I only now sat down and started to feeling anxious. Reading your posts have calmed me as they always do. I didn't get out to buy Xmas cards but hubbie and I did watch 2 episodes of 'The Tudors' on Netflix, which was a great escape. I await the surgeon's and anesthesiologist's calls tonight, will take a sleeping pill, and drag my exhausted self under my clean sheets. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

My surgery is at 10:00 am MDT and I'll post when I can. I spent 3 nights in hospital for June knee and expect this to be the same, as they don't rush you to leave. Please say a little prayer for me . . .
 
I am wishing for a successful procedure and an easy time of for you. The very best thoughts are heading your way. We'll see you soon.
Xxxxx
 
You have my prayers, too! With all of these you are getting, things are bound to go well for you!
 
Saying comfort prayers right now. Got you on my Asheville prayer group list -- they will pray for you 5 times a day. Peace to you, my knee-twin. Hug.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Good luck today, saying prayers for a painless recovery...you got this, you know exactly what to do.

I can't wait to hear how you at doing...Sending you healing hugs!!!
 
I can't imagine anyone not having pain after just three or four weeks out! I think they're telling big, fat FIBS!!!:heehee:

I was moaning and groaning to my OS about still having pain a year later and what he said made me think differently. He said my pain is from my constant over-doing it and that at least I'm able to over-do it. He also said that some of the people who claim to have no pain probably aren't trying to do all the things I'm doing to get back to my prior very active lifestyle.

Then, there are people who just don't experience a lot of pain no matter what. Most people don't fall into that category.
:gaah:
 
Thinking about you today and hoping all is proceeding well.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Thinking of you and hoping things are going well in the hospital.
 
Thinking of you as yesterday was your important day! I hope when you get to chime in that your experience has been even better than knee #1.

Love the idea of being able to wear your own gowns or t-shirts in hospital; the gowns they make you wear here are so stupid most of the time! I just insisted on have gown #2 be turned the opposite way so not too much was revealed to others... except the time they turned OFF my call button and were late with my meds! I had to go hall-wandering to get help that night...

What a wonderful thing they have a patient advisor at your hospital. That would be so helpful for so many people, I'm sure. Here, despite Peacehealth having a new fancy hospital, there are some deep staffing challenges, and the patients sometimes pay the price, judging from my experience. Most nurses were fine, but several did lament their being so overbooked to not be able to deliver excellent care as they would like to be able to do.
 
I am just checking in to see how you are doing. I hope all is going well. Just take good care of yourself and check in when you feel up to it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom