2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Txmomgmom3, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

01 October 2018 bubblesfl, schpooko
02 October 2018 Bismitmom1
03 October 2018 smtava
04 October 2018 Mom2Lucy, razy (bilateral)
08 October 2018 shells35 (partial to total)
11 October 2018 beachy
15 October 2018 Neehutchy (bilateral)NanaBeach (partial), Lefty57
16 October 2018 mommaD18, MissViv18 (bilateral)
18 October 2018 Txmomgmom3
22 October 2018 Tutu12 (bilateral), agilitymom (revision)
23 October 2018 AnnieB, EdiePA (partial)
25 October 2018 tarajenni (partial)
29 October 2018 SueWStrong (revision)
30 October 2018 Gingercat
31 October 2018 gecko
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@agilitymom, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, I hope I am doing this correctly I am the new kid on the block and my TKR is for October 1, 2018 so I guess I start the month of October off with a bang! I would like to join
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@schpooko, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, everyone... I am having RTKR on October 1st. Please put me on the list.... Thanks
 
Hello October Feisty Friends! I was originally scheduled to have my Left Knee Replacement on August 27, but the discovery of multiple metal allergies threw a wrench into that plan. I found out yesterday that my new date will be Monday, October 15. I'm ahead of the game in some ways, with my "hospital suitcase" already packed (kind of like before having a baby) and most of my post-op supplies (i.e., heavy duty ice packs, elevating pillow, grabber, long handled shoe horn, etc.) already in stock. My friend who lives next door had her TKR in early May, so she has kindly lent me her commode and shower chair. I've heard different reports from friends about whether or not those two items will be needed, but since I didn't have to purchase them, I'm glad to have them here and ready just in case they can be helpful. @beachy, it looks like we will now be going through this journey at pretty close to the same time! Especially since there have been other changes in my surgery plans, I have no way to know that these latest details will be the way things actually happen. However, when I received this most recent "new" date, I was also told that my surgeon is planning a PKR. That PKR vs. TKR had been one of the unknowns until now, which means there's some added comfort knowing that he has made a decision about how best to repair my knee.

Thank you to the group administrator for adding me to this October group and also for updating my signature to reflect the Oct. 15, 2018 surgery date!
 
P.S. to @bottomshollow , when I posted the update above, I saw that the date of my arthroscopic meniscectomy is incorrect. That prior surgery was April 4, 2014. Thank you for updating that also. :)
 
@bottomshollow , Celle corrected my arthroscopy date, but I haven't yet been officially added to the October Feisty group. Can you please do this? My new date for PKR is October 15. Thanks!
 
Hi NanaB!
Glad you’re all set up! I am too. That is peace of mind knowing we’ve done all we can, isn’t it?
 
Hello all! I am having left TKR on October 3rd. I have had two prior scopes on this knee and have been waiting a year for worker's comp to approve the replacement and now it is just 3 short weeks away! My right knee has been scoped once and will be replaced as well once I get the approval. my right knee is actually worse than the left and hope it will be strong enough to get me through recovery.
 
Bilateral knee replacement on October 4th and scared to death !!!! Keep reading review about all the different brands of knees being recalled
 
I’m having a left PKR on Oct 25th. Had my right PKR in August and doing well.
 
Hello everyone
I have already had a ltkr and a lpkr and am getting a L revision on October 8th. I am so glad to have found this site. Even though I have went through this before it’s been a long time. I have found so much useful information here. Thank you!:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom