BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jul 1, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

It's time to get our team together and start the train headin' down the track for the month of October - The October Fall Feisties are ready to roll!

If you are having surgery in October, please post here and cheer each other on. We're looking for a great group of soon-to-be feisty knee recovery patients ready to move on with their lives. :dancy:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

11 October 2018 beachy
    15 October 2018 Neehutchy (bilateral)
    16 October 2018 mommaD18
    23 October 2018 AnnieB

30 October 2018 Gingercat
    31 October 2018 gecko

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gingercat

Gingercat junior member

Hello I am lucky to have found this site. I am scheduled to have surgery on October 30th. I did not have Halloween in mind at the time I made the date. But now it worries me! I am terrified as it is major surgery, but I am starting to have more bad days than good ones. Oops forgot to mention it will be a LTKR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bottomshollow

oct 110.jpg @Gingercat, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
    We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. gecko

gecko junior member

Australia Australia
    Hi there, I am having surgery and finding it all a bit daunting, are you worried

6. bottomshollow

oct 113.jpg @gecko, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

7. gecko

gecko junior member

Australia Australia
    Thank you so much for allowing me to join, but having trouble using site downloaded new app and can not get in,also can not use site without wi fi , at home I use Data only

I can only get in via the conformation email , and if I use wi fi

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2018
  8. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, NURSE DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you're having problems with the BS app, then try using a browser on your phone instead.

9. gecko

gecko junior member

Australia Australia
    Thank you Josephine I will keep trying to navigate the site I don't have any issues using the work computer just at home

10. mommaD18

mommaD18 new member

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is where I should be... I am having TKR October 16 on my left knee I would like to be added to your group

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  11. bottomshollow

oct 22.jpg @mommaD18, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
    !

12. AnnieB

AnnieB new member

Hello October Feisties!

My left knee has been getting more sore, as well as making cracking, popping noises when standing up and trying to walk. It was time to do something about it!
    When I met with my OS (who replaced my hips, the R in 2012 and the L in 2016), he asked me if I was trying to be a "bionic woman"! Nope.
    But we both agreed it was time for a LTKR since the X-ray showed bone on bone! :sad:
    My OS also started doing robotic assisted knee replacement. He says that I will be happy with the result!
    So, the robotic assisted surgery will be done October 23rd with an overnight stay.

Since setting the date, I have been trying to get prepared. Reading the pre-op articles as well as the post-op stories are helping! Even bought a Milliard foam leg elevator for my post-op care. At this rate, I am probably going to have a stock pile of post-op aids by the time October rolls around.

Hello to everyone and please add me to the October TKR group.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bottomshollow

0ct 72.png @AnnieB, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neehutchy

Neehutchy junior member

Three's the Charm! Three OS to get the right one for me! Bilateral TKR scheduled for October 15th. I really wanted it earlier than mid-October but the run around from two other OS and not wanting to do surgery until I lost a significant amount of weight really pushed back my time schedule. Soooo, here I am! October!

• Like Like x 1
  15. bottomshollow

oct 3.jpg @Neehutchy, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neehutchy

Neehutchy junior member

I'm scheduled for a Bilateral TKR on October 15. It is very daunting...or at least to me. I can't believe how much prepration goes into this and how many appointments are required preop! I still see it as far away therefore I'm not worried about the surgery itself as much as something going wrong and it being canceled. I went through three OS to find the right one. My insurance resets on Nov 30; could have totally different insurance if the company I work for switches. And, all the deductibles and out of pocket amounts will need paid again. I'm holding my breath everything goes through on time.

17. AuntAllie

AuntAllie new member

Hello all! Saying goodbye to my right knee on October 18th! First TKR for me. So glad you are out there for info and support. Would love to be added.

• Like Like x 1
  18. beachy

beachy senior

Hello Fellow Feisties!
    I am having LTKR on Thursday, October 11 @ 10:30 am! Just got my date today and what a relief!
    Cheers to us Feisties!

• Like Like x 1
  19. bottomshollow

oct 25.jpg @beachy, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

20. beachy

beachy senior

• Like Like x 1