2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

So....I’m getting worried and need some reassurances from someone. Surgery is Wednesday. I’ve been off work on disability since I couldn’t walk much without pain. Bending it to sit has been increasingly harder and more painful. Yesterday it swelled up and I’m elevating/icing with zero walking around. Must use crutches to get to bathroom. Resorted to using some old norco. It’s that bad. I had a fever of 99 for a few hours yesterday. But nothing today. My big question is if this will prevent surgery?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 2018 NWgirl, VonnieN (her first), Coalminer, kember708 (revision)
02 May 2018 mills_pc, nuttybrunette
04 May 2018 Oomworthy
07 May 2018 laurs
08 May 2018 MrsMc, Txmomgmom3
11 May 2018 janbgobh (her second)
14 May 2018 hedgehog (partial)
15 May2018 Cynrob (her second), Bowlegbty
16 May 2018 Chemist (his second)
18 May 2018 Purplek8
21 May 2018 Dzina (her second)
23 May 22018 Marty'sMom
29 May 2018 VonnieN (her second)
30 May 2018 crhdeh
31 May 2018 LanaKay (her second), tommyg
 
So....I’m getting worried and need some reassurances from someone. Surgery is Wednesday. I’ve been off work on disability since I couldn’t walk much without pain. Bending it to sit has been increasingly harder and more painful. Yesterday it swelled up and I’m elevating/icing with zero walking around. Must use crutches to get to bathroom. Resorted to using some old norco. It’s that bad. I had a fever of 99 for a few hours yesterday. But nothing today. My big question is if this will prevent surgery?
I have same problem not taking my antiinfkams and wondered the same thing getting off the loo and chairs is terrible and can't bend my knee more than 85 trying to do 90 feels like I am squeezing a vein. I am sure it is normal when you are used to taking drugs and now cant. :-....(
 
I'm having my TNR revision surgery Tuesday and I'm so nervous

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hello I think we all get like that. I think that is normal and since you are having a revision you would have more concerns. Be positive and visualise a good outcome. we are all doing the journey together.. Good luck.
 
So....I’m getting worried and need some reassurances from someone. Surgery is Wednesday. I’ve been off work on disability since I couldn’t walk much without pain. Bending it to sit has been increasingly harder and more painful. Yesterday it swelled up and I’m elevating/icing with zero walking around. Must use crutches to get to bathroom. Resorted to using some old norco. It’s that bad. I had a fever of 99 for a few hours yesterday. But nothing today. My big question is if this will prevent surgery?
I have same problem not taking my antiinfkams and wondered the same thing getting off the loo and chairs is terrible and can't bend my knee more than 85 trying to do 90 feels like I am squeezing a vein. I am sure it is normal when you are used to taking drugs and now cant. :-....(

Thank you @VonnieN!! I can’t believe the anti-inflams help us out THAT much, but I guess they do. Thank goodness. Sorry you’re experiencing it too. And here’s the reason we are looking forward to this next week, right?!!
 
Indeed.. I just want a normal life where I can walk and do things and not think about knees and pain. It will be a while I know but that is the plan. Good Luck try and sleep but last night could not sleep at all :-/
 
Indeed.. I just want a normal life where I can walk and do things and not think about knees and pain. It will be a while I know but that is the plan. Good Luck try and sleep but last night could not sleep at all :-/

Not thinking about knees WILL be great, I agree. I never think about the one that’s already replaced. Except to maybe thank it and give tribute to it once in awhile. Sleep is hard...and it will get worse before better. Last night during my awake hours I enjoyed listening to one of our owls “hooting” in the night. Used to keep me awake and bother me. But last night it was nice to know that someone else was up with me. Lol.
 
It’s been over a year since I’ve been on Bonesmart. It’s time for right knee. Surgeon has rushed me in for May 16, RTKR. My 20 year old mind set in 61 year old body trashed my right knee by moving 1.5 ton of rocks and moving a fridge to the basement. Stuck in crutches until new knee is complete. Thankful for this forum.
 
I am scheduled to have TKR left knee on 5/15/18. I have had knee surgery before.. 19 years ago I had an osteotomy which held up well until recent times.Surgeon said I am bone on bone. I picked a very experienced surgeon due to my past surgery. I’m lucky to be close to NYC which has one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the US. I chose to go there to try and have a better chance at the best results!!
 
It’s been over a year since I’ve been on Bonesmart. It’s time for right knee. Surgeon has rushed me in for May 16, RTKR. My 20 year old mind set in 61 year old body trashed my right knee by moving 1.5 ton of rocks and moving a fridge to the basement. Stuck in crutches until new knee is complete. Thankful for this forum.

I totally understand. I’ve been on crutches too!
 
Just wanted to send my best wishes to everyone, and hope those of you that already had surgery are doing well. I also am having horrible sleep issues. I an insomniac anyway so that doesn't help. Tylenol has always been pretty useless for me, I do have Gabapentin for my neuralgia which I can still take. Pain medications such as Vicodin and Tramadol keep me awake too, so expect I won' t sleep much after surgery either. Ice is my best friend at moment.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Marty'sMom, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all I am new here. My LTKR is scheduled for this coming Tuesday May 8th. I am sooo nervous!
 
Hello, I am new and due for a LTKR on the 16th. Was supposed to be the 2nd but it is delayed. I am worried a bit because I really would like the epidural and sedative but since I have to have a blood thinner the day before I was told it's 50/50 whether the anesthesiologist will give that to me or a general. Funny but it's my right knee giving me the most trouble right now, the left has responded very well to the last cortisone shot 3 months ago. I am 67 and this will be my first TKR. I'm lucky to have a very helpful husband and married daughters around to help.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Txmomgmom3, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@TinAB, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello Surgery May 21. Right knee. I had right hip replaced in 2013. I fell in 2009 and hyperextended right side. Because it was workmans comp didnt get my hip fixed until 2013. I had a knee surgery for lateral release in 2011 but my gait was severely effected because of hip pain. The sad part my surgeon thinks my left knee looks worse on film but right knee painful to sit and SLEEP! Hip replacement gave me Instant relieve.
 
I am scheduled for a TKR of the left knee on Wednesday the 16th. After 30 years of running ultramarathons, and having bone on bone pain, it's time.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom