BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Feb 2, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 2018 NWgirl
    02 May 2018 mills_pc
    04 May 2018 Oomworthy
    15 May2018 Cynrob (her second)
    16 May 2018 Chemist (his second)
    30 May 2018 crhdeh
    31 May 2018 LanaKay (her second)

3. Chemist

Chemist member

I am scheduled to have my left knee done (TKR) on May 16,2018. I had my right knee replaced in Aug of 2017. Recovery has been proceeded at a steady pace.

4. bottomshollow

may 14.jpg @Chemist, you have been officially added to the Mau surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome backre to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. LanaKay

LanaKay new member

I'm scheduled for right tkr May 31, 2018

I'm doing very well with Jan 9, 2018 left tkr. thank goodness I have all of you on board. I know from reading here that each knee is unique. hoping I will have similar experience with right as I did with left.

6. bottomshollow

may 1.jpg @LanaKay, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

7. Oomworthy

Oomworthy junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    HI. I'm scheduled for my left knee TKR on 4th May. I'm getting a Conformis implant and have had the CT scan already. It looks like I'm the first International May Marvel to sign up.

8. bottomshollow

may 3.jpg @Oomworthy, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chemist

Chemist member

Howdy @Oomworthy: Welcome to the group. I look forward to comparing recovery notes with you. Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NWgirl

NWgirl new member

I’m scheduled for bilateral TKR on May 1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oomworthy

Oomworthy junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Likewise. Having been through some trauma recovery, and then multiple minor operations, I thought I knew what I had coming, but then I read a bit more and remembered all the things I'd put out of my mind. It's got a little bit daunting.

Then I remember why I'm doing it.

12. bottomshollow

may 58.jpg @NWgirl, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

13. Cynrob

Cynrob junior member

I'm back! Scheduled for LTKR on May 15 (my birthday). This will be my second TKR. The first one was done Oct. of 2014. I'm going through the VA. So much to do now.

14. bottomshollow

may 60.jpg @Cynrob, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chemist

Chemist member

Welcome to the group! I am scheduled 1 day after you. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cynrob

Cynrob junior member

Hello @NWgirl - Looks like we are neighbors!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NWgirl

NWgirl new member

Hi @Cynrob, we love Portland! It’s a great city. Good luck on your surgery.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mills_pc

mills_pc new member

I just got my second hip a month ago and found out today I will be getting my first TKR (left) on May 2. Deep breaths ...

• Like Like x 2
  19. bottomshollow

may 41.jpg @mills_pc, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

20. crhdeh

crhdeh junior member

I have lost 47 pounds so far, so my Right TKR has been rescheduled to May 30. Surgeon says he will have no problems getting the surgery approved by insurance company now! Hope he's right because even after losing the weight it has not helped with the knee pain. Left TKR will most likely be sometime next year.