2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Very much so, @nuttybrunette. I thought I was fourth up, but it turns out I'm fifth on the fourth. The race is on between @NWgirl and @VonnieN for first place honours.

Place your bets!

I've 'followed' everybody on the list to make sure I can keep up with their progress.
well think I might be first as Australia is ahead of the world time wise. So unless they cancel I have to be there early Tuesday morning.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 2018 NWgirl, VonnieN (her first), Coalminer, kember708 (revision)
02 May 2018 mills_pc, nuttybrunette
04 May 2018 Oomworthy
07 May 2018 laurs
08 May 2018 MrsMc
11 May 2018 janbgobh (her second)
14 May 2018 hedgehog (partial)
15 May2018 Cynrob (her second), Bowlegbty
16 May 2018 Chemist (his second)
18 May 2018 Purplek8
21 May 2018 Dzina (her second)
29 May 2018 VonnieN (her second)
30 May 2018 crhdeh
31 May 2018 LanaKay (her second), tommyg
 
I am in a private room too. 10 years ago I had a catheter and a drain placed in my lower leg. Now they won't be doing that. I'm assuming risks of infection outweigh the need for those things. My doctor recommended that I take a container of lysol wipes in and wipe TV remote, bed side table, bathroom door handle, anything..... Will definitely be doing that. Well....hubby will be:) I got my call time call yesterday. 8am surgery time, arrive at 6am. Hospital 35-40 minutes away. Man, that will be an early morning! Not much time for me to get my full on panic attack going:scaredycat::shocked:I'm really good at those. I scare people:rotfl:
 
Thus forum is a bit confusing I’m trying to figure out how we will keep track of each other? Are there any tutorials lol
You can "follow" each person on the list. I'm not sure it alerts you to a new thread or post but it lets you check on them and once you've found their pre-op or post-op thread you can "watch thread" to be kept up to speed. there's probably a much clearer pinned post somewhere explaining that - the admins will probably point in you in the right direction.
 
Hi all, I am scheduled for a right knee replacement on May 8th. I've been lurking here a bit and trying to learn as much as possible to be ready. I've had two arthroscopic surgeries on the knee, this will be my first replacement.
 
I am in a private room too. 10 years ago I had a catheter and a drain placed in my lower leg. Now they won't be doing that. I'm assuming risks of infection outweigh the need for those things. My doctor recommended that I take a container of lysol wipes in and wipe TV remote, bed side table, bathroom door handle, anything..... Will definitely be doing that. Well....hubby will be:) I got my call time call yesterday. 8am surgery time, arrive at 6am. Hospital 35-40 minutes away. Man, that will be an early morning! Not much time for me to get my full on panic attack going:scaredycat::shocked:I'm really good at those. I scare people:rotfl:


I just learnt that I have to be at the Hospital for 11.00 so I wont be having surgery till the afternoon. I can eat before 6.00 a light breakfast toast cup of tea no no fluids after nine. I am lucky I am only 15 minutes from the Hospital. Not knowing where you are I think I will be having my surgery while you are heading to the Hospital :O :yikes::friends:
 
Thus forum is a bit confusing I’m trying to figure out how we will keep track of each other? Are there any tutorials lol

It does take a bit of time to work things out but I found using a browsers was better than the phone app I could find way more this way even including as photo etc.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@laurs, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@MrsMc, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello. Very new here - this is my first post although I’ve been lurking and reading for a bit now.

I’m scheduled for a PKR on May 14 on my left knee. The preparation is difficult to balance with working and having a busy home life.
 
Any essential oil users out there? I just learned your not supposed to diffuse or use them at least a week before surgery. Some “may” inhibit blood clotting. Always leaning something new
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@hedgehog, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Coalminer, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm having my TNR revision surgery Tuesday and I'm so nervous

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

@kember708, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom