2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Netra709, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


01 August 2018 mikeboaz64, Biggmac
02 August 2018 sanderss
03 August 2018 yesyvonne (her second)
06 August 2018 ricekrispy
07 August 2018 redsox100
08 August 2018 ladygolfer (her second), mngirl (partial), Ti22, Picasso90 (revision)
10 August 2018 tarajenni
13 August 2018 momweb (her second), KitCatCove (her second)
14 August 2018 candybak (revision), bertha2493, Chrism
15 August 2018 Kathy0427
16 August 2018 DLR (her first)
20 August 2018 kildahls (bilateral)
22 August 2018 Minnie's knees (her second), MJR
23 August 2018 Netra709
27 August 2018 InkedMarie
30 August 2018 Ark_ PB
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Minnie's knees, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@InkedMarie, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!
I apologize if you requested earlier to be put on the list----must have missed it somehow---but all is well now!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
RedSox100: my surgeon told me not to wait, that people wait & get too debilitated then have trouble rehabbing.
Are you in New England?
Feeling much the same. I can walk, do stairs, sleep well, don't need Advil except occasionally, but both knees are bone on bone. When I have pain it is real. My walking is down to a third of what it once was and I have begun to drive to run simple errands. But what if I end up the same, not better? I'm so with you on this concern and not sure how to resolve. My surgery date is set.
 
@DLR , just wanted to tell you that I am scheduled for TRKR the day before you. I am also supposed to have the left knee done in six months and had a LTHR in 2017, my medical history sounds similar to yours. I wish you all the best as we go down this road together.
May I ask what you fear - and alternatively look forward to - the most?
I know I am getting apprehensive about the pain, as so many have told me that having a knee replacement is much more difficult (in terms of pain) than the hip. Hope I can look back on it some day like having a child - you know it was painful - but look how happy you are now with the results!
 
@DLR , just wanted to tell you that I am scheduled for TRKR the day before you. I am also supposed to have the left knee done in six months and had a LTHR in 2017, my medical history sounds similar to yours. I wish you all the best as we go down this road together.
May I ask what you fear - and alternatively look forward to - the most?
I know I am getting apprehensive about the pain, as so many have told me that having a knee replacement is much more difficult (in terms of pain) than the hip. Hope I can look back on it some day like having a child - you know it was painful - but look how happy you are now with the results!
I like that comparison and hope it is the case. Maybe I can get an epidural? ;-) I swing between excited anticipation and full on dread. The fear is just that I'm not better after. The excitement is that I will be.
 
I like that comparison and hope it is the case. Maybe I can get an epidural? ;-) I swing between excited anticipation and full on dread. The fear is just that I'm not better after. The excitement is that I will be.
Someone said to me yesterday: "what's your implant made out of?" And that became a new concern to add to the pile.
 
@Kathy0427 thanks for reaching out just yesterday I wondered if anyone else had a date close to mine. How is your hip? I hope it has brought improved life quality.
What do I fear? .. I think I am concerned about my leg weakness that already exists on my right side. I had my hip opened 3 times already, initial THR in 2003, again 6 weeks later for suspicion of infection, then a revision in 2015. So I have always been a little weaker on that side. I fear whether it will go well and I will be happy with the results as I have a couple friends who had poor results.
What do I look forward to?... Not having shooting pain come out of the blue just sitting. Not having a grinding clunk with each step. Being able to go for a longer walk. Sleeping through the night without pain.
I think the biggest thing is patience, there will be more pain before there is less but the potential is great!
Overall, I know if I didn’t go ahead with this I would wonder if it could have been better. While there are no guarantees in life I have learned new normals can be precious too.
How are you doing at getting your home ready? I feel like suddenly Aug 16 is just around the corner. Have you had your pre op?
 
Surgery RTKR 08/22/2018 Day after my 50th birthday!. Former college athlete. Retired law enforcement/tactical teams. Heading into this with the mindset ''give me your best shot'' Not going to let this bring me down or beat me. Do I want this done ...NO! But I am grateful this is not a lifelong illness. God bless those that have illnesses. I am happy I live in a time where they can FIX me. My entire outlook changed when I accepted this is NOT going away. It has to get done. So why not now. Get it over with. Looking forward to the day ''very soon'' I can grab my wife's hand and take long walks with her again. They used to be long runs but hell I'll take the walks. No, I wont be able to work out as hard as I used to but walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night without hobbling and no longer have the need to jam a large pillow between my legs from keeping my knees from touching will be AWESOME! :P
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@MJR, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@chrism, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Shanej, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Biggmac, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Tasmania, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you for adding me to the August hotshots, but I just got a call saying the doctor couldn’t do my surgery in August after all, offering the end of September instead. But in order to be sure of maximizing the insurance benefits (as much as possible in the calendar year) I’ve had to push it back to January. So I guess I’ll have to be a January Cold Shot instead!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom