2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

This will be my first knee replacement, the others were cancelled due to illness. It's my left knee that's being done
 
@Izzy59, I have corrected your signature as you can see and have deleted (her second) from the list. Thanks for the heads up!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting



01 August 2018 mikeboaz64
02 August 2018 sanderss
03 August 2018 yesyvonne (her second)
06 August 2018 ricekrispy
07 August 2018 redsox100
08 August 2018 ladygolfer (her second), mngirl (partial), Ti22
10 August 2018 tarajenni
13 August 2018 momweb (her second), KitCatCove (her second)
14 August 2018 candybak (revision), bertha2493
15 August 2018 Kathy0427
16 August 2018 DLR (her first)
20 August 2018 kildahls (bilateral)
23 August 2018 Netra709
30 August 2018 Ark_ PB
 
Hello all! I am having bilateral knee replacement surgery on August 20. Looking forward to hearing the stories!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@kildahls, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@sanderss, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Kathy0427, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi All! This is my first post - hope I am adding it in the right place. Left Total Knee Replacement is....August 8, 2018!!! Yikes, it is coming right up!!! The doctor said he is going to replace the Right knee in December. I work in the medical field, but I don't know what to expect with this surgery because it is ME who is going bionic, not a patient that I can soothe with calming facts and gentle support. Here is the "kicker" (pun intended). I work in Post Market Surveillance, in other words, I handle all the things that go wrong with medical devices. Help, please! I need lots of success stories to block out all the bad stuff I hear every day:-) If I scared anybody by saying I hear bad stuff, here is the good news: there are lots and lots of products manufactured and the number of adverse events are low in comparison. So, load me up with your success stories, helpful hints, stuff I need to do before they knock me out, what I am supposed to do after my titanium knee becomes part of me... Give it to me straight! Mostly, I am afraid of the pain and subsequently being a pain to my husband who is the one who is going to bear the brunt of my moaning and groaning. I am going to "kneed" him as my A#1 helper and he gets whoozy just walking into a hospital. Thanks for your support!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Ti22, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
1 Aug for me...right knee. Not looking forward to the limitations I'll have activity wise afterwards.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@mikeboaz64, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Getting ready to have surgery in 2 weeks! August 6 for BTKR...
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@ricekrispy, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
KitCatCove Your surgery date of August 13th is the same as mine. I had my pre op with my PCP today. I have to go for blood work tomorrow since no one told me I had to fast. Oh well. They also did the MRSA nasal swab today. It was actually pretty funny since no one in this office had ever done one before. This is my second knee and I pretty much know how it all goes, but I'm finding myself getting nervous nonetheless. Hope you are doing well.
 
Ti22 I'll be having my second knee done on August 13th. I had my first 3 years ago. I won't tell you it was easy but it was worth it! It took my 14 months to be pain free. I did go to Zion National Park and hiked 6-7 miles a day. I even climbed lots of stairs. That was 1 1/2 years after the surgery. My left knee had ACL surgery in 1979 and had meniscus surgery on that knee as well. There's a lot of scar tissue in that knee as well as deformed bones. My surgeon feels that since it is worse than my other knee I will probably be even better off. I'll admit, I'm a little nervous, but also looking forward to it.
 
Hi,
I'm new here. Im getting the lateral side of my left knee replaced August 23rd. I'm trying to get a idea how rehab will be on this. I have had both acl's reconstructed about 20 yrs ago
Tim
 
Tim,
Your ACL may or maynot be similar to mine. Mine was in 1979. The took tissue from my thigh to make a sling to wrap from side to side of my knee to replace my ACL. To do that, they had to drill a hole in the leg bone. I didn't find out until over 20 years later that was how it was done. My surgeon didn't think that the previous surgeries would have any impact on the replacement. But, I guess no one will know for sure until he actually gets in there to see what's what. Keep me posted on your progress.
Sue
 
Hi Sue,
My acl's were done with my own platelar grafts. I'm told my acl is still tight, but the screw that originally attached it to the femur was out and floating in the back of the knee. We removed the screw in May of this year, but it did not stop the internal bleeding problem I'm having with this knee.
I'm curious how the rehab will be on this. I thought I bounced back quickly from the acl's, but I'm not sure about this. I see yours is getting done on the 13th, hope you heal quickly. Tim
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom