Dear Bone Smart Friends,
My surgery date of August 27 has been postponed, with a new date to be determined. The rescheduled surgery could be as soon as August 30 (in which case I'll continue to be an August Hot Shot) or else I may be joining the September group.

As per my earlier post, I have a metal allergy, which has now been confirmed via patch testing to include nickel, cobalt and palladium. The good news is I didn't react to any of the other 26 items that were tested, including components of bone cement and titanium. However, my surgeon is still carefully reviewing options about the best implant for me which will have the fewest potential issues with allergic reactions.
I am a candidate for a partial knee replacement (uni-compartmental), so that's another factor in this decision. He is hoping to find an implant that will fit both considerations (i.e., hypoallergenic and uni-compartmental), however if only one of those requirements can be met, then I will have a TKR with hypoallergenic implant. Obviously the issue of avoiding a major allergic complication is more important than the type of knee replacement surgery!
Thanks for sharing your stories and suggestions. I will continue reading everyone's comments and look forward to being in the post-op forums before too much longer.
Have a great weekend!