Guest viewing is limited

2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

mass shoutout to all my early July hip mates until I can find you all on your separate threads--
@KiKi60 you are today!
@maggie23 tomorrow, Happy American Independence Day!
@Suttree and @Desire Wednesday-- so soon!
@gaulsuerou Thursday, so I guess you're antibacterial washing tonight...
and @Hippalong Friday your lucky day!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 KiKi60
04 July 2017 maggie23
05 July 2017 Sutree
06 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
07 July 2017 Hippalong
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
19 July 2017 Steelergal (her second), leenie60
20 July 2017 zauberflote (her second), nanato1
25 July 2017 Belladonna
27 July 2017 sandyB
31 July 2017 fenway09 (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@leenie60, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@BlueSkys ("smiling at me...") to answer your "walking the same day" question back there, if you haven't seen an answer already, I was up in the afternoon after an early morning surgery. First try made me too dizzy, so we waited a while. By then I really needed the restroom, but that was as far as I got-- but by golly it didn't hurt! I have a faint memory of taking myself to the bathroom as needed during the night, even though that's against hospital rules! So maybe it's a false memory... The next day I was up and walking the hall, twice I think, before the drive home. Feeling very confident, too. Of course when I did get home I collapsed from exhaustion on the couch and took a nap :sleeep:
 
@zauberflöte well thats great. I hope i am the same! I'm getting the anterior as well. I'm feeling good about it and expect a great result. Ill just deal with it as it comes. Probably i will need to hold it back a bit and give the body time heal itself as i read here somewhere)))
 
@gaulsuerou
No worries, I'm fumbling with this phone version of the site. I had a minor complication which necessitated an extra day in hospital, will post recovery thread when I get settled at home. You are so kind to think of me!

Best wishes!


Sent from my iPhone
 
@BlueSkys ("smiling at me...") to answer your "walking the same day" question back there, if you haven't seen an answer already, I was up in the afternoon after an early morning surgery. First try made me too dizzy, so we waited a while. By then I really needed the restroom, but that was as far as I got-- but by golly it didn't hurt! I have a faint memory of taking myself to the bathroom as needed during the night, even though that's against hospital rules! So maybe it's a false memory... The next day I was up and walking the hall, twice I think, before the drive home. Feeling very confident, too. Of course when I did get home I collapsed from exhaustion on the couch and took a nap :sleeep:
 
@gaulsuerou
No worries, I'm fumbling with this phone version of the site. I had a minor complication which necessitated an extra day in hospital, will post recovery thread when I get settled at home. You are so kind to think of me!

Best wishes!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
@KiKi60 hope you are feeling ok and look forward to hearing your updates
 
Hi Everyone
Good luck to those before me and everyone who is next
I had my TLHR on the 4th, went well, I was booked in for the Tuesday and left the Thursday. I must say the first few days of recovery was due to BoneSmart all the information gathered before hand was a great help. I knew what to expect (pain) and the start of recovery.
I walked on the second day because Physio was running late.
I was retaining fluid so had a catheter fitted.
Pain management was good

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions that I posted and encouraging words.
Good luck and wishing you all a speedy recovery.
Moving over to Post Op
 
Hi everyone, I am now through the other Side!! Approx 6 hrs post op , everything went well so will see you all in post op. Good luck to all who follow :sleep:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Belladonna, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@BlueSkys ... thinking of you as your surgery is tomorrow (or maybe today due to Australian time).

I know it will go well and I will follow your progress :yay:
 
Please add @Anneh (my cousin) to the July Sparklers list. She is having her surgery July 13th in less than then hours as I write this! Right THR.
 
Back
Top Bottom