2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

Pumpkin

Staff member since March 26, 2015
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
upload_2017-5-1_22-0-53.png

If you're having surgery in the month of July, I hope you'll join our July Sparklers for a bright start to your life with your new joint!

Your fellow Sparklers will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!

We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

So post and tell us your surgery date and get ready to meet your fellow July Sparklers!

Left Anterior hip replacement July 11th. Stella glad to hear you are doing double flips in your guided imagery, post op ;)

@cpollock and @BlueSkys, you are the first members of the July Sparklers.
Why don't you start a thread in the pre op forum where you can ask your questions and receive support.
Starting a new thread and posting

11 July 2017 BlueSkys
31 July 2017 cpollock

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there: @pumpkin my date is actually July 31st for total left hip replacement - posterior. I had a thread going in the preop area a few months back but will start a new one as I have new concerns. Thank you.

@cpollock I have corrected your surgery date.

11 July 2017 BlueSkys
31 July 2017 cpollock

July 6 bilateral anterior thr

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

gaulsuerou you have been added to the July Sparklers!

Why don't you start a thread in the pre op forum where you can ask your questions and receive support.

6 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
31 July 2017 cpollock

I'm set for July 5th. Right THR. Posterior approach because of complication from bone cyst pockets. OS uses DePay Pinnacle joint and Summit stem.

@Suttree you have been added to the July Sparklers.

5 July 2017 Sutree
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
31 July 2017 cpollock

July 27, 2017. I had LTKR September 11, 2012 and really was glad I found the BoneSmart forum before my surgery, so I'm looking forward to it being helpful with my right total hip replacement.

@sandyb , Welcome back to BoneSmart, you have been added to the July Sparklers!

5 July 2017 Sutree
27 July 2017 sandyB
31 July 2017 BlueSkys

July 6 bilateral anterior thr

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

So I met with my surgeon today I am having anterior bilateral on July 6, we talked extensively about my questions and concerns. He offered to do them three weeks apart if I would prefer it that way. He was very confident, not cocky, confident and said I would be surprised how fast I would be recovering. I so want to believe that. I opted for the bilateral procedure. I have a lot of confidence in him. Wish me luck…

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

July 19th for my LTHR. I had my right hip replaced in July of 2015. I'm excited to get this other hip fixed so I can finally be pain free! :)

@Steelergal and @KiKi60 I have added you to the July Sparklers list.
If you haven't already, why don't you start a thread in the pre op forum where you can ask your questions and receive support.

3 July 2017 KiKi60
5 July 2017 Sutree
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
19 July 2017 Steelergal (her second)
27 July 2017 sandyB

July 31, 2017 ~ anterior total right hip replacement, here I come
Sept 22, 2015 ~ had left SUPER PATH total hip replacement .......long recovery with trochanteric bursitis

You're on the list now, @fenway09 . Best wishes.

3 July 2017 KiKi60
5 July 2017 Sutree
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
19 July 2017 Steelergal (her second)
27 July 2017 sandyB
31 July 2017 fenway09 (her second)

wheeeeeeeee! I cannot tell you how excited I am to announce that my cardiologist has not only fixed my heart, he has cleared me for surgery. Moreover, he fixed my lungs as collateral non-damage.
Left THR anterior 20 July 2017

I will finally, this time next year as we say, have a matching pair :happydance:
I'm not going to start a pre-op thread just yet, but I am excited to meet all my fellow travellers!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom