2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

@bottomshollow ...
I just wanted to let you know that due to a family emergency, I have had to postpone my originally scheduled July 11th surgery.

I will let you know when the new date is (but it won't be in July).

Thank you!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 KiKi60
04 July 2017 maggie23
05 July 2017 Sutree
06 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
07 July 2017 Hippalong
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
19 July 2017 Steelergal (her second)
20 July 2017 zauberflote (her second), nanato1
27 July 2017 sandyB
31 July 2017 fenway09 (her second)
 
@Lerwick8, you have been officially removed from the July surgery list. I look forward to adding your name to another month's list once you have a new date.
 
@Hippalong ..Thank you so much for your thoughts. Very much appreciated!

@bottomshollow ..Rescheduled for August 15th...hopefully, things with my Dad will be better by then and I can proceed with the surgery. In excruciating pain at this point:hairpulling:

In the meantime, I am following the progress of others and look forward to reading some positive post-op threads from others that will help to encourage me!
 
@Lerwick8 sorry to hear that, i'm July 11, and hopefully ill tell true tales of speedy recovery and renewed vigor that could help you feel encouraged and excited again by the time your dad is well.
 
I was told surgery scheduling would call me today between 3 and 6 pm with my procedure time for Monday. Was nearly gnawing on the phone, but they finally called at 5:45. As I wanted, I will be the first case; checkin at 5:30 am. So ready to get this done!
 
That's good you get to go first! No doubt you wont sleep that well the night before so at least you'll be setting off early, i wish you the best of luck, this time next week it'll all be done!
 
Hi @KiKi60 my surgery on Thursday will be first also, as we are rural I am my surgeons only hips that day, he is young but very talented, and highly recommended. I will be following your recovery closely fellow sparkler !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hippalong
Yes! That's exactly what I told the scheduler--I'm sure I'll be awake anyway, so you can count on me to arrive on time; may as well get started. Thanks for the good wishes!

@gaulsuerou Thank you--good luck to you with your bilateral.
 
@gaulsuerou . I cant imagine having hip pain X2. Just the one is so bad i feel nauseous half the time. Im starting with daily antibacterial wash on Tuesday, and everyday till surgery. I'll be a bacteria free zone. Wish yo well and look fwd to seeing your fine recovery !
 
@Hippalong , do you think they will have yo up walking the day off ??? Some do. I'd like to if i can, but it will be the next day. I'm wishing you the best hip buddy)
 
I will have THR from my right hip on July 5th.
I had a similar operation for my left hip in 2015.
I hope İt goes as good as the other one))
 
@Lerwick8 So sorry you are hurting. I went to the coast and bounced around on a fishing boat the weekend before my surgery. I was so anxious about bilateral THR....I said those hips had better be killing me when I show up for surgery it I will have chickened out.
They did...I didn't!
Two months out... Couldn't be happier at my decision!!!!
 
Hope you are as happy as I am @gaulsuerue... Really tough first weeks .. At 2 months, I'm seriously on my way to a pain free life. Good luck to all this week!
 
Hello we seem to have similar history. I had my first operation in may 2015 , and two years later I need to have the other hip operated. I hadnt expected this ((
It was perfect for one year, then the other one started aching terribly...
Hopefully eveything will be much better since I have too much pain while walking...
How is your story?
All the best,
 
@KiKi60
Good luck to you today, thinking of you, keep us posted when you can, I am sending positive energy and strength your way


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom