2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 KiKi60
04 July 2017 maggie23
05 July 2017 Suttree
06 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
07 July 2017 Hippalong
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
19 July 2017 Steelergal (her second), leenie60, GiGi53
20 July 2017 zauberflote (her second), nanato1, britt (her second)
25 July 2017 Belladonna, war3235
27 July 2017 sandyb
31 July 2017 fenway09 (her second), Dante46 (his first)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@GiGi53, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello we seem to have similar history. I had my first operation in may 2015 , and two years later I need to have the other hip operated. I hadnt expected this ((
It was perfect for one year, then the other one started aching terribly...
Hopefully eveything will be much better since I have too much pain while walking...
How is your story?
All the best,
Kind

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk
 
I am having a THR of my right hip on the 20th July . It is my second THR. I had the left hip done on the 8th December 2016. There seems to be a number of us having the procedure done on the 19th and 20th !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BlueSkys Glad you're on this side!
A little jarring I discovered after the fact... But relieved it was over.
Hope pain is being managed well.
Best of luck!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@britt, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, I have a total hip replacement scheduled for July 25th. I have completed most of my pre-op appointments, like dental, primary care doctor, and hospital. I only have 1 more pre-op visit with my orthopedic surgeon and 1 more hospital pre-op the day before surgery.

I knew this was a long time coming but it's weird now that it is here.
 
Good for you war3235. Sure you must be getting anxious but it will be so good to see you on the other side. What caused you to have to get the replacement? Have you had allot of pain for very long?
Amazes me how many younger hippies we have here
 
Good for you war3235. Sure you must be getting anxious but it will be so good to see you on the other side. What caused you to have to get the replacement? Have you had allot of pain for very long?
Amazes me how many younger hippies we have here

I have had hip pain for about 6 years now but the last few years have been very painful. I really don't why I have such bad osteoarthritis in my hip. I used to run a lot and I'm still an avid weight lifter. Maybe it was just weaar and tear. Thank you for your encouragement, I am looking forward to getting this done.
 
@war3235 I just had mine done 5 days ago. It is weird that its so far away then all of sudden its time. If you are strong and kind of fit, and eat well going in, coming out will be better i believe. I'm 5 days out its going very well. Apart from some temporary things, its been smooth. The transition to home is big though. But if you can make it one day, you can make it right through) One hint i would give, is to get your forearm crutches early and learn to use them and get familiar with them. Also up and down stairs. Everything needs to slow down post surgery, but if your sturdy and confident with your crutches ... its helped me. Hope that helps ;) Oh and yes when that pain is gone. The groin pain... the thigh pain.... the awful knee pain and oh yes the unbearable shin pain . Has. All. Gone. !!! Your feeling so much better even though its a bit tough recovering)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@war3235, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
That's what I was wondering... If it was OA related. That what was causing all my severe pain too although it took them a while to figure it out. And five years was about how long it really got awful.
That's such a long time to suffer.
As BlueSkys indicated, even with post op pain... The most striking thing will be the absence of that horrible radiating hip pain.
I'm guessing you'll be agreeing it's the best thing you have ever done.
It will give you your life back.
Can't wait to see you on the other side!!!
 
Having left THR on July 31st. The right hip to be done this fall. Woo-hoo...I can't wait. It's been a long time coming.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Dante46, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@war3235 ..Ready to start getting your life back???
Best wishes...see you on the other side.
 
Hi @Dante46 July 31st was my original surgery date and I got a call and was offered June 19th. I will be 6 weeks post op when you get your surgery. You will do great, the waiting is the worst part. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @cpollock. That's great things got moved up for you! Hope recovery is going well. As for me, I'm counting down the days!
 
@sandyb Best to you as you begin your healing journey.
Wishing you well. See you on the other side.:welome:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom