2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

I'm so glad for you @zauberflöte . I've added you to the July Sparklers.

3 July 2017 KiKi60
5 July 2017 Sutree
6 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
19 July 2017 Steelergal (her second)
20 July 2017 zauberflote (her second)
27 July 2017 sandyB
31 July 2017 fenway09 (her second)

Just found out today my THR is 7th july, has been a whirlwind and struggling to take it all in but so happy and relieved :loveshwr:

You're on th elist now, @Hippalong . Best wishes.

3 July 2017 KiKi60
5 July 2017 Sutree
6 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
7 July 2017 Hippalong
11 July 2017 BlueSkys
27 July 2017 sandyB

Hi. Great news. My surgery was bumped up to June 19th now. So 6 weeks early. I'm now a sunbeam. Can someone move me please from the July sparklers

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 KiKi60
04 July 2017 maggie23
05 July 2017 Sutree
06 July 2017 gaulsuerou (bilateral)
07 July 2017 Hippalong
11 July 2017 BlueSkys, Lerwick8
27 July 2017 sandyB

Hi Everyone

I am booked for the 4th July, I was originally booked for the 16th May but was cancelled.
LTHR, it feels like I have been waiting forever.
I had everything planned in May and was prepared mentally, this time I will just take it easy.
I also suffer with RA

sparklers 3.jpg
@maggie23, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hi Kiki
Good luck for the 3rd your first on the list.
I guess it is time to start counting down the weeks and days.
Wishing everyone the best

July 11th! Posterior THR left hip. Bone-on-Bone Grade 4 degeneration. Torn anterior, antersuperior, and superior acetabular labrum, subchondral cyst formation, and the list goes on.... In short, my hip is a train wreck.

sparklers 26.jpg
@Lerwick8, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

July 11th! Posterior THR left hip. Bone-on-Bone Grade 4 degeneration. Torn anterior, antersuperior, and superior acetabular labrum, subchondral cyst formation, and the list goes on.... In short, my hip is a train wreck.
Hi Lerwick. I am the same date, same side in about the same condition lol. Im feeling very optimistic and in fact looking forward to being pain free. I see it as a challenge and i want to impress everybody with my lightening speed recovery :) I'm thinking a lot about nutrition. Both pre and post surgery. Its something i have control over right?! ) Here's to us both doing sensationally well

@BlueSkys

We are hip buddies! I am glad that you are feeling optimistic as I think this will help your recovery immensely. I have to admit to having some pre-op blues (and began a thread about that). That said, I do have days of optimism and this site has been very helpful!

I am new to the site, but will figure out how to add you to my 'follow' list so that we can follow one another's progress.

Well I now have 2 weeks and 4 days to go and have my pre-op on 21st June It's all becoming very 'real' now and I am feeling understandably nervous although optimistic too! Im at the stage now where im planning everyday scenarios ie how can i safely get into shower (its over bath not walk in) and how am i ever going to sleep on my back? I suppose it will all become clear as time goes on!

Hi @Hippalong, my surgery is one day before yours, I never should've pushed it out so far but had some things I had to take care of, all the same things are rushing through my mind, my pre-op is on the 21st also… Let's go through this together I need somebody to hold my hand

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi @gaulsuerou, well tomorrow is the first step on our new journey! We can do this together! The best of luck for tomorrow and we can hopefully catch up later and compare notes?

@Lerwick8 Hip Buddies indeed. I had my pre-op day yesterday. All the trekking about to get things organized is taking me to new levels of discomfort! But its fine when you know the pain will end soon. Right ? ;) Also im already becoming fond of two new toys: a set of forearm crutches, and the "claw" picker-upper tool. On the other hand, i cant get myself exited about the spinal anesthesia, nor waking up with the catheter down there, but i feel it will be fine, and with all those that came before, the process is all now down to a fine art, and ill try to go with the flow)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom