2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we will have lots of company on the 17th! I'm having my RTKR that day also.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 January 17 jaschembra, MaryD (her first), Pattikakes (her first)
05 January 17 weasel52, Grammy211 (her second)
09 January 17 RMasano, Mister
10 January 17 Kathi 777 (bilateral)
11 January 17 Mitten
15 January 17 helpmyknee
16 January 17 DEgrammy
17 January 17 Haley4, saanmar (her second), Ronsgirl (her second). kayjay (her second)
19 January 17 DebM (bilateral)
23 January 17 mollygram (her second)
24 January 17 FishingGuu (his first)
30 January 17 debbyS
31 January 17 Acetrace (bilateral)

Hi I'm having my right knee replaced on January 24th. Left knee 6 weeks later.
I'm so ready to get the surgeries done. Tired of my hurting and popping knees.
Would like to be to seat, walk, and sleep without having to reposition my knees.
Is anyone giving blood before their surgery?
New to the forum my 1st post.
Good luck to everyone!

@FishingGuu, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

@FishingGuu Hi and welcome! No giving blood here just a group and hold in case. My OS said about 30% of tkr, especially bilateral which is what I am having, need transfusion.

Hi @FishingGuu i am not giving blood. My OS does a minimally invasive TKR and I believe somehow recycles my blood??? I may not have that exactly right. He says there is very little blood loss but I am taking additional iron per his instructions until 1 week prior to surgery.

@DEgrammy, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Hi all! I am having RTKR on January 9 with the left one being done 6wks later. I am scared and excited at the same time, it is all I can think about.

Hi, Mister! Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Even though you are a bit nervous about it all right now, we're here to help you with information and support to make the waiting time easier. Why don't you start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op forum and tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members better!

@Mister, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

I am terrified of the pain level after suegery! What pain meds did they give and how long do i normally have to take them before i gan be birh oain and med free?

@RMasano I'm having my RTKR on the same day as you! Pretty frightened about surgery and recovery. I'm 49 right now but will be 50 by the time
of surgery, so we're close in ages.

Have you participated in a joint replacement education class? You also have a Specialty Care Coordinator there at the Cleveland Clinic. They are there just for your concerns.
What did they say?
Often its better to find out from the team ( yes team) involved in your care.
My facility had a webinar just to address any questions I might have. My surgeon just had me walk to be sure that the varus he saw on x ray was true ( it was slight) . Its quite possible that yours could tell from x rays.

You should have several more preop appointments too to address your concerns.

I totally forgot about nickel sensitivity. I don't routinely eat it ( which is why I totally forgot during all my pre op interviews) but do break out wearing cheap jewelry. If its in my knee now the knee could care less.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/ccf/...tal-joint-replacement-patient-guide.pdf?la=en

You need to stop worrying and get a hold of someone at the Clinic to address your concerns.

@buddydog, if and when you get a specific surgery date, I will be happy to put you on the surgery list. In the meantime, I suggest you start a thread of your own in the knee replacement pre op forum. Scroll up to the list on this page and you will find a link to the explanation of how to start a thread.

Hi, all -- my LTKR is scheduled for January 11. I am so glad I discovered BoneSmart to answer all my questions and help me prepare for my new life after surgery!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@Mitten, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

RTKR 6 December 2016
LTKR 23 January 2017

@bottomshollow Please put me with the January jackpots too! One down; one to go!

@mollygram you must be feeling pretty good in order to schedule your 2nd knee. That's good to hear. I keep having to distract my thoughts because I'm getting tunnel vision and that just leaves to nerves. Time to think of what needs done before Christmas and stop obsessing about this surgery and new knee.

@mollygram, you have been officially added to the Janaury surgery list! You are now officially a Janaury Jackpot!

You can continue to post in your current recovery thread---you may want a change of title after your second surgery. Just let us know, and we'll happily make the change for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads