2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bottomshollow Judy, thank you for taking care of us this month. It sure seems like there are a whole lot of January Jackpots and we are keeping you quite busy. :type:

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 January 17 jaschembra, MaryD (her first), Pattikakes (her first), MaryCate
04 January 17 UACats70 (partial)
05 January 17 weasel52, Grammy211 (her second)
09 January 17 RMasano, Mister, butterflydancer (her second)
10 January 17 Kathi 777 (bilateral)
11 January 17 Mitten, birdycarol
15 January 17 helpmyknee
16 January 17 DEgrammy
17 January 17 Haley4, saanmar (her second), Ronsgirl (her second). kayjay (her second), Needy Knee
19 January 17 DebM (bilateral), msehphdjd
23 January 17 mollygram (her second)
24 January 17 FishingGuu (his first), mg5457 (his first), cricket
27 January 17 MelanieM
31 January 17 Acetrace (bilateral), beekeep13, sargenti

jackpot 58.png
@MaryCate, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

@MaryCate Welcome to BoneSmart! We will be knee twins and we are the same age.

Question for anyone out there: I emailed my OS office today to ask when I should stop my statin and I asked if the surgery had been approved with my insurance. Of course, I was assuming this is all done, signed, sealed, and ready for the day. But - she said it was pending and she had called them today and would be calling them tomorrow. Anyone with upcoming close surgery do you know if yours has been approved yet? I don't see any reason why it won't be approved but I would feel better if she said, yes, it's all good to go.

My surgery was approved today! Thankful, since it's Wed. and they're closed on Mon.

Hello all. I had a left total knee Jan 2015. I am going for the right one Jan 9 2017. They say if you had one done, you won't do the second one. Ha.. I like to walk, so here I go again.... Best of luck to those doing the same. :flwrysmile:

@butterflydancer that is why my hope is - for a very good outcome so that I will be ready and willing to get my 2nd one done this summer. I wouldn't have been able to handle a bilateral but my right knee hurts equally as much as my left (right only feels a bit more stable). Good luck and I'll be cheering my fellow Missourian on!

I will think of you on Wednesday, Jaschembra. Best of Luck. It hurts afterwards, but pain meds, lots of ice, and you will be good. Not to discourage, but it actually took me about six months with my left one to say I was really glad I did it. I went back to work (I an an ER nurse) after about 10 weeks, I think.

jackpot 52.jpg
@butterflydancer, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you haverejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

I'm posting now as I'm packing up my computer to take to my mom's house where I'll be going for 2 weeks after I leave the hospital Wed. or Thur. (She goes to Florida for the winter and has a 1 story, master bedroom, master bathroom). My sister is staying with me since my husband needs to stay home and take care of animals.

@MaryD @Pattikakes and @MaryCate I will be thinking of you all tomorrow and will say prayers for us all. With all the BoneSmarties available to help us along our journey, we should do just fine. Just keep the faith and patience and all will be fine. Oh, and follow the BoneSmart mantras!

I'm not sure how to be active on this site. I did post a first message Nov 15, just to say I am scheduled for my right leg TKR on Jan 11. That is still the plan. I haven't had time to process this due to my mother becoming ill Dec 22 just as my kids all arrived for Christmas and she passed away Dec 27. These past two weeks seem like a blur. But now it's time to focus on this surgery. Is there a place to learn how to communicate using this forum? Or am I blind and just not seeing instructions? I am mostly hopeful that this surgery will let me get back to walking/hiking without such pain.

@birdycarol I'm sure Judy @bottomshollow will be along to give you the info. and add you to the list. I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Look at the Library. There is a lot of information there regarding the site as well. Good luck on your surgery!!

jackpot 9.jpg
@birdycarol, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot! embarassed 1.jpg Sorry I missed your first post back in November.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Forum". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

Scheduled for LTKR on January 24th. Being a cardiac patient with triple bypass and pacemaker/defibrillator, I am pretty nervous about how I will do with this surgery.

jackpot 19.jpg
@cricket, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. : Starting a new thread and posting

@cricket- I am having LTKR on January 24, I see there is a trifecta for that day FishingGuu is having RTKR also

01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR

I'm anxious to get there and have it over with! I'll also be having the right done, but no date for that yet. Have to see how the left does. I hope all goes well with everyone's surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie