2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

I am scheduled to have Left TKR on August 8th :egypdance:so excited to be on my way to walking without pain. Already has meniscus repaired in both knees. Right TKR will be next summer. Look forward to reading future posts. It has been very helpful so far to hear from you all.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

07 August 2017 GottaDoIt, Rxtech, SlowPedro, dogluvr (bilalteral)
08 August 2017 Chattalyn (bilateral), sandi4213 (her second), dwhitney
10 August 2017 OJ2
14 August 2017 JMackay
15 August 2017 froggymom, susanella
16 August 2017 bashbago (her second)
31 August 2017 jeffm1955
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@dwhitney, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all
New to this forum stuff so go easy. Booked in for a right TKR using the Zimmer protocol (apparaently a custom 3D cutting jig thingy made in Germany from a detailed MRI - but using an "off the shelf" joint) on August 7th.
All the best. Peter
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@SlowPedro, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Welcome @SlowPedro ! I have just found out about the new type of knee replacement. I miss read and thought you were also getting the custom made joint. Even without the custom job your surgeon will have a better idea of the joint you need. The pre and post op info here is great, be sure to read through all the info and suggestions.
 
@Rxtech Yeah, a surgery mate! I too am scheduled for LTKR on August 7th. Welcome to the club. My surgery is scheduled as an outpatient procedure so my pre-op jitters about pain control, etc., were pretty high until I found this site. Great information to help minimize the anxiety. I look forward to working through our recovery together and the support of this group.
 
@SlowPedro Another August 7th surgery - me too. It seems like our "class" is getting larger for the 8/7 date. Maybe we should start planning a post-op anniversary celebration for the August HotShots! Good luck with your surgery.
 
I am having my left TKR August 31 after two years of pain an injections. This will be my third surgery after two surgeries for ligament damage and scar tissue,then arthritis set in 30 year later. Looking forward to getting back to a more normal life.I've been working out,an have myself and my knee in pretty good shape.Hope it helps.I'm going with the Conformis custom knee.Imput welcome.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@jeffm1955, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Here are my pre-op pictures from two previous surgeries from 30 years ago from ligament damage where they took tendon to replace the ligament,then a year later they removed scare tissue and the internal staples. Those two surgeries probable cause the arthritis to set in years later.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
    pre-opscare2 (2).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 196
  • [Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
    pre-op scare1.jpgg (2).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 213
Welcome @jeffm1955 . Can't wait to see how your high tech knee works out. So far we are the last two to get ur new knees. I have learned a lot from this site. I am sure you will be prepared too.
 
Thanks bashbago, good luck with your surgery. I'm sure we will both do fine. Keep us posted.
 
Hi, I have been reading the posts here since May, but just now joined. I have scheduled to have bilateral total knee replacement on August 7th! NERVOUS!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@dogluvr, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thanks bashbago, good luck with your surgery. I'm sure we will both do fine. Keep us posted.

Bashbago,I can't believe how young you are,and having all these problem. Same goes for dogluver.


Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Bashbago,I can't believe how young you are,and having all these problem. Same goes for dogluver.


Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I believe my arthritis is partly genetic, and much overuse ...years of first running, then high impact aerobics. who knew too much exercise would come back to bite me?! Have not been able to walk my dog with my sister , and a lot of other every day things really since 2014. Wouldn't you know it...I'm on vacation from work ( retail...standing all day..usually 25,000 steps on fit bit), and my knees feel so much better that I am questioning surgery :(
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom